Management Bruins facing a PR disaster as Julien and Poutineville are courting Chara

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
Chiarot LD
Edmundson LD
Romanov LD
Kulak LD

Where is the spot for Chara? 7th D, is that what he would sign in Montreal for?

Kulak is moveable but still no spot.

Not happening.

Reactions: Gordoff

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
I don’t care if Chara went with the Canadiens. I have ton of respect for him. I don’t care if Chara went with the Toronto I have a ton of respect for him. The Bruins may not see bringing him back is the right way of doing things. Now with that being said I would’ve chose him over Miller. I thought Moore was the depth piece.. I was wrong again.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Chara is cooked. He's a 5th defenseman at best now. I mean yeah it would be weird but you really can't say after watching him the last two seasons that Chara leaving would hurt this team. Could you?

Reactions: Gordoff and tremha

DaStinger

Permanent Interim
Feb 14, 2007
NB, Canada
The guy is cooked. Was a fantastic captain and helped change our culture for the better. He is not that player anymore however. He should hang em up, but if he wants to play somewhere else what does it really matter? We can't be holding on to players for their pasts, time to move on.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Ya, that's the same story I heard. That guy was a slippery SOB. But in end he got his.
upload_2020-10-10_7-58-0.jpeg

Get yourself a copy of this book. Amazing read. It will make your blood boil, but amazing read.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Yup, it would gut the team and signal a new era in Boston. Say he’s a number 5? Who are the 4 above him on this club mcAvoy ...

On this team? The Bruins really only have Carlo and McAvoy as possible top pairing options. With Carlo saying that is a stretch but I'd still like him over Chara in 2021. Chara right now is a 5th defenseman on a good team. He's old ineffective and at times he's looked downright sad playing out there.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Amazing - people just don’t know a good thing when they have it, let alone a great thing.

What is he good at right now? He can still play in spurts but you can't treat him like a top option anymore. He's going to be 44 next year. I'm not going to be pissed if he's back but I won't want to burn the place down if he moves on either. Life goes on.

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Chara was a first pairing guy for the Prez winning team, plus the captain. He still can play the game, albeit maybe in a different role. I'll say this, if the B's can throw 1.25 at a guy who is not getting younger and didnt even play last season due to major injury, then lets Z walk for similar money, then they can go f*** themselves for eternity.

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
Signing KM had nothing to do with Krug. The offer was still there for Krug if he wanted to stay, he chose less money for 1 extra year so it's on him! You are correct saying Sweeney handled it wrong- he should have gotten a pick for Krugs rights!
Wrong, the offer for Krug was pulled out from the Bruins.

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
I don’t think there’s anything to Chara and the Habs. Probably not worth the headache for either side to entertain that for what Chara is at his age.

But this team taking a chance on Miller right out of the gate, giving him a spot and potentially 2 million while leaving their captain on the sidelines waiting for a decision? Wow. Don’t like it.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
This is comical. Typical Montreal media. GTFO, Chara is not signing with the Habs for all the tea in China. Julien or not.

With how Sweeney operates, he is the smartest in the room and Miller over Chara is an upgrade.

Unfortunately the reality is this is a terrible decision by the Bruins if Chara leaves. He should retire a Bruin and is likely our best defenseman after McAvoy and Carlo even now.

chrisab123

Feb 9, 2013
Chara was a first pairing guy for the Prez winning team, plus the captain. He still can play the game, albeit maybe in a different role. I'll say this, if the B's can throw 1.25 at a guy who is not getting younger and didnt even play last season due to major injury, then lets Z walk for similar money, then they can go f*** themselves for eternity.

But was Chara really a big reason for that? You aren't wrong but you can't count on him to be a first option anymore for an entire season. He's good in spurts but time is undefeated. A lot of people seem to have their feelings hurt on this thread for this simple fact. I'd take him back but lets just be honest about who an almost 44 year old Chara truly is at this point. He was an elite defenseman for more than a decade and will be in the Hall of Fame with relative ease. But if this team wants to contend he can't be a 1st pairing defenseman.

The point I do agree with you on is that Sweeney and this keystone cops brain trust apparently felt the need to lock up a guy who hasn't played for 2 years for guaranteed cash and potentially choosing him over the team captain which isn't suprising. Its hilarious, sad, and alarming all at once.

Reactions: Gordoff and Estlin

Spooner st

Jan 14, 2007
But if the Bruins decide to walk away Montreal becomes possible.

Montreal has a Euro feel that could appeal to him - Chara has made it clear he wants to play in the 2022 Olympics.

zdeno_chara.jpg
Wow...really? 2022...what is he going to do? Carry the flag and moral support? Which team in their right mind is going do sign him for 2 more years... even a year at the time. The guy has become a human pilon, the game has passed him by...literally. Please take the clue, say goodbye and go play in Slovakia and hope they'll pick you up for the Olympics.

OldScool

Nov 27, 2007
The disrespect and pure idiocy of some of these comments is laughable. Chara still has value to this team. He is a massive lockerroom leader who can still contribute on PK and log valuable minutes. He was on the #1 d pairing on the best team during the regular season. I get getting some younger guys more minutes but chara absolutely would have a role on this team and I hope them bring him back.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Signing KM had nothing to do with Krug. The offer was still there for Krug if he wanted to stay, he chose less money for 1 extra year so it's on him! You are correct saying Sweeney handled it wrong- he should have gotten a pick for Krugs rights!

The Bruins have you right where they need you. "Less money", "it's on him".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad