Post-Game Talk: BRUINS End of Season Press Conference - Video and Transcript 5/9/23

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Krejci didn't dress for Game 5.

Bergeron scored a third period tying goal in Game 5.

Cannot see how anyone would think putting Bergeron into the lineup at that point would hurt the team.
My bad on DK, and yes Bergy did score a tying goal in game 5 and Krejci scored a PP goal in game 7, but neither player looked close to their best IMO

After game 4 and up 3 games to 1, I didn't want the Bruins to change a damn thing on offense, but thought Ullmark looked off and wanted to see Swayman start game 5 (and that's not from hindsight)

I really thought at that point the B's could afford to give Bergy and Krejci more days off and didn't need to rush either player back

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Coyote is a player that at times looks like the best player on the team ,but also at times can look unnoticeable,very frustrating.We’re a few games in the playoffs he was a beast,but he disappeared the last three games,2019 he may have been there best forward,next couple of playoffs pretty much unnoticed.He frustrates the hell out of me ,but yeah not sure I would replace him with Krejci.
What I deduced after watching Coyle’s first full season with the Bruins and reviewing his career stats and usage: 2nd line skills and physical tools + 3rd line consistency = good 3rd liner who can elevate for short stretches

Reactions: Bruinfanatic

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
He he had a herniated disc. More time off would help him heal and maybe be more effective. Rushing a guy back with a 3-1 series lead wasn’t nesassary.
Though a herniated disc is not likely to get much better with a few more days rest, I didn't like bringing injured players back right in the middle of a high tempo series unless completely necessary

..and it sure wasn't necessary since the B's just came out of Florida with back to back wins and a 3-1 series lead

The only change I would've made for game 5 was Swayman in net

Saxon Eric

Dec 18, 2005
Cam looks good,has definitely dropped some weight and I appreciated his direct answers, this Summer is going to be painful, no way around it,do what needs to be done

Reactions: gerrycheeversmask

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Though a herniated disc is not likely to get much better with a few more days rest, I didn't like bringing injured players back right in the middle of a high tempo series unless completely necessary

..and it sure wasn't necessary since the B's just came out of Florida with back to back wins and a 3-1 series lead

The only change I would've made for game 5 was Swayman in net

Would you rather bring them back in game 1 in the next round? Either Bergeron ain't playing for a few rounds or you bring him back when you are up 3-1. I don't think there is any middle ground here.

bobbyorr04

Bruins fan 4ever
Sponsor
Apr 12, 2011
Would you rather bring them back in game 1 in the next round? Either Bergeron ain't playing for a few rounds or you bring him back when you are up 3-1. I don't think there is any middle ground here.
Not knowing the extent of their injuries I can't really answer that question, but after seeing the two of them play, neither one looked close to being ready, so I probably would've kept them both out for round 1, then re-evaluated the situation if the B's made it to round 2

Johnny4778

Jan 26, 2006
Heavy teams win in the playoffs almost every year. I am ready to get back to the big bad bruins hockey; do what it takes Neely; not an easy task these days.

On Jim - I hope he learns, he was out coached in the playoffs and is starting to appear too positive imo. I do questioned his abilities; he made hockey fun in the regular season; but fun cute hockey doesn’t win championships; he failed to prepare and inspire the team.

The Bruins locker room’s overall message was stick to the process and don’t get too high or too low. Forget the past. Today is a new day.

IMO a culture that tries to eliminate emotion can make one stagnant, particularly in sport. It seems a little more C-Suite than sport. Balance is important but a significant emotional event every now and then shows you care. All people want to be inspired.

As a whole I think once one has enough money to live relatively comfortably, drive is about heart and work ethic and emotion. Feeling the ups and downs, not writing them off to an emotionless robotic process is important. Of course balance is key and you can’t beat yourself up; but hungry comes from not eating, learning to forget about hungry is not going to solve the problem.

Retooling needs to be high motor; high energy guys that wear their heart on their sleeve. We need a couple on defense, and a handful upfront. We got to show this core that emotion is ok; Don’t suck the emotion out; embrace the hate to lose. Don’t neuter passion and inspiration.

I honestly give Mcgontmery a short leash; American Thanksgiving.

On the fence on Ulmark; Gryz (for cap
Reasons) and Forbert (plays smaller than gryz) should go; the defense must hold the blue line and make it tough on opposing players to gain entry. Quick transition and offense are great but too cute when intensity picks up fails. Gudas has been a monster at this on Florida;

Up front tough as Bergy and Krejci change direction; depending on their choice. A key player likely goes. Definitely need to consider major changes if no Bergy back; do you pull a Florida;

Last edited:

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
If it’s possible to be entirely dejected about what happened this playoffs and very excited about what is going to happen in the draft and over the summer…

then that’s exactly where I’m at right now.

Reactions: GahdenRinkRat

GoBs

Nov 21, 2009
USA
Leafs board starting the sign Bertuzzi rant
Hope Sweeney can figure it out to keep this guy

HooperDrivesTheBoat

2010-2011 CHAMPS!!!
May 29, 2007
LINY
Cam looks good,has definitely dropped some weight and I appreciated his direct answers, this Summer is going to be painful, no way around it,do what needs to be done

Yep, we all love a good story, these guys are all character guys, boy scouts, local guys whose parents work for the org or went to a local college. Etc. At the end of the day, this is a business and, as Wally always succinctly puts it, the bottom line is money. Early exit = less revenue.

Get guys who can produce in the playoffs. That is the bottom line.

Guelph Bruin

Sponsor
Mar 2, 2015
Any sense they are pissed at Ullmark not for his bad play but for perhaps the lack of honesty/directness regarding his injury? I mean I'd be pissed if he wasn't upfront and honest about it ...that's just selfish on him if it went down like that way

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad