Post-Game Talk: Bruins down Lightning in exciting fashion!

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
I certainly hope you're right, but time has not been a friend to player's offensive instincts on this team.

Perhaps this is the cog C.J needed. But if he regresses this year into the next, one has to reexamine Claude's effect on players of this ilk. We can't keep tossing out these finely tuned elements because they don't fit the machine perfectly. Not when the machine isn't going deep. I could care less if they went deep with an entire team of Dave Christians, I'm only interested in what works, or isn't a detriment over time.

Have to disagree. Marchand hasn't been benched and he has flair. This is a big misconception, imo. The problem with Kessel and Seguin wasn't creativity on the attack - it was some combination of lack of effort, discipline, backcheck, uncoachability, willingness to go to the dirty areas (Kessel) or off-ice problems, maturity (Seguin).

So far it seems Pasta is willing to learn, improve, understands his D responsibilities, plays physical, goes to the dirty areas to score, etc. I can't see Julien wanting to reel in his offensive instincts if he shows commitment to play that way. He's not that stupid. In fact, he's heaped lots of praise on Pasta's game so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00