Post-Game Talk: Bruins down Lightning in exciting fashion!

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I just think it's silly to say the refs are conspiring against him every time he takes a borderline penalty.

Even if it isn't obvious at the time, he's likely been doing something multiple times and has been warned by the ref.

I can say that there is a prejudice against Marchand when it comes to diving penalties, because that 'Behind the B' episode showed the higher up muckity mucks admitting they had to rescind two dives that were incorrectly called on him. Doesn't get much more blatant than that.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's HF for ya in a nutshell. Just be glad you said it on here and not the main board about [insert any Maple Leafs Player here]. You would have been publicly ridiculed for months, and nobody that saw the post would ever forget your name.

They do that here too, but it usually only lasts a few weeks. :laugh:

The main boards are a cesspool. I don't usually even bother reading it because it's all Leaf and Habs fans whining about why other teams won't give up their best players for **** returns, or how the refs are against their teams. It's terrible.

As for people remembering something that I may have said, I don't care. If I were to go back and read everything I ever posted here, I'd probably cringe at 99.9% of it. :laugh:

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Pastrnak had the most TOI than any other Bruins last night. That's all because Pastrnak showed he wasn't a liability defensively and he was rewarded for it.

Hell, not only was he not a liability, he was actually GOOD in his 2-way game. Threw checks, got the puck out of the danger zones in order to move it out of Tuukka's territory..

Setting the example early that this team expects it's players, even explosive goal scorers to work both sides of the ice is a good thing and the best part of it so far is that David seems not only okay with it, but thriving in the system.
I know that's a bit early to say definitively of course.

But meh.. I'm just tired of the whole "Clode will bench you if you don't backcheck LOLOL" crowd. It's true he expects more out of his players but I just do not see that as a bad thing at all.

I personally don't want a player who will be skating all over the offensive zone but make it a defacto 5-4 odd man rush going the other way by ignoring that part of his game. I really don't.

This post rates 10 on the scale of awesomeness :thumbu:

disfigured

Mar 29, 2003
Lowell MA
I think Pasta will excel under Claude- if he was a center we would have a different story; Soderberg is older and adapted pretty well to Julien system- plus the Swedes are strong in fundatmentals and situational hockey.

Best spot if you are creative is on th wing with Claude.

Plus if you read the scouting reports on Pasta from Red Line, he is willing to get back on the defense and loves to play the game.

If you are going to have 'that guy' on this team this kid looks like he is it. Kessel and Seguin had that skills, and this kid looks like he does as well but with the intangibles that will endear himself to all.

I certainly hope you're right, but time has not been a friend to player's offensive instincts on this team.

Perhaps this is the cog C.J needed. But if he regresses this year into the next, one has to reexamine Claude's effect on players of this ilk. We can't keep tossing out these finely tuned elements because they don't fit the machine perfectly. Not when the machine isn't going deep. I could care less if they went deep with an entire team of Dave Christians, I'm only interested in what works, or isn't a detriment over time.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
lol like everyone needed more reason to believe in the Clodefish:

first he sees to it that Johnson and Hedman would be out last night. Now Stepan out for NYR as of last night. Unreal luck change here.

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
From 8th to 4th in the conference, 3 points behind Mtl and Detroit. Other teams have some games in hand, but there's a lot of hockey left to play.

One upside should they keep Pasta up, he only has half an NHL season grind to contend with for his first full season.

Oops! My bad - I was looking at the division standings. We're still in 8th. But moving up soon!

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
lol like everyone needed more reason to believe in the Clodefish:

first he sees to it that Johnson and Hedman would be out last night. Now Stepan out for NYR as of last night. Unreal luck change here.

Talbot is getting the start over Lundquist tomorrow too

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 5