Post-Game Talk: Bruins down Lightning in exciting fashion!

Btown

Oct 1, 2011
I wouldn't even do Krug straight up for Edler right now. The D is set, no way Chia gets another Dman after trading Boychuk. This team needs scoring as Pasta has proved last two games, toughness, and solid goal tending. I think they should trade Smith for Charlie Coyle, would be tough to give up 20+ goals in Smith, but you got to give to get. And Coyle would add size, hitting & a RH shot to Bergy's line. Then add Peluso to the 4th line.

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Marchy-Bergy-Coyle
Kelly-Soda-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Peluso

Agreed Defense is set people may think we need another top 4 but it is finalized baring serious injuries. (Not a bad Defense either)
Pasta maybe the answer on that top line. Think it's to early and not a big enough sample size to tell but it's worth a try. Any injury to a RW leaves us back in that hole we were in late 2014 so a RW like Stewart should be brought in. He seems like he can slide up and down the roster until he and we feel comfortable with who he's playing with. I still believe this team is built for the playoffs and can pull off a good/great run.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
I wouldn't even do Krug straight up for Edler right now. The D is set, no way Chia gets another Dman after trading Boychuk. This team needs scoring as Pasta has proved last two games, toughness, and solid goal tending. I think they should trade Smith for Charlie Coyle, would be tough to give up 20+ goals in Smith, but you got to give to get. And Coyle would add size, hitting & a RH shot to Bergy's line. Then add Peluso to the 4th line.

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Marchy-Bergy-Coyle
Kelly-Soda-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Peluso

No way to Coyle. Don't get me wrong, he grew up five minutes from my house here but no way do I do that. With our centers being the slight tier under elite we need scoring wingers, no matter what. We've got three physical DMen and a big bodies up front. Smith adds touch. We need all the goals we can get right now.

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
Caught the beginning of the game last night, but then we watched Boyhood.

Watched the B's from the start this morning.

Incredible.

Such an overrated movie. It will win awards because it's a cool concept and as some homage to the passage of time being relevant but the movie overall was a pretty big let down.

Duguay

Stay at home Forward
Mar 5, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
I think another lesson learned, is that this team was really slowing down.

Trading a couple of top prospect burner-types, this team brought in slower players like Eriksson, Fraser and to a degree, Reilly Smith.

With Chara slowing down and the blueline aging; adding that at times Lucic and Marchand don't always skate like they can, and you can easily fall into offensive woes.

The kid has single-handedly made this example to the vets. Speed kills. Speed affords offensive opportunity. Offense affords confidence. Confidence begets passion and fun.

A fine line it is in this league.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
The kid is a cold and clean refreshing glass of Ice water. Exactly what this team needs. I'm sure the Rangers are going to pay extra attention to him on Thursday night.

Can't wait for that game. I can't stand the Rangers and it would be very nice if we can improve our play from last night into Thursday night's game.

Last edited:

Cory Trevor

Smokes, Let's go
Sep 23, 2009
Waltham
The kid is a cold and clean refreshing glass of Ice water. Exactly what this team needs. I'm sure the Rangers are going to pay extra attention to him on Thursday night.

If he gets two goals or more with that going on I will jump in Duxbury Bay in my underwear.

xStanleyCupsFor

Sep 12, 2014
Especially the 3rd line. Say what you will about Kelly but he is the gear that makes that line go. Soderberg and Loui were invisible last night until Claude reunited the 3 of them. They played their best in the 3rd period.

Paille going back down w/ Campbell and Cunningham seems to have given that line a bit of life. They were good last night at times and had some quality opportunities.

I will say the 4th line still concerns me especially looking ahead to tomorrow's game. They're still getting hemmed into their own zone for prolonged periods of time and the Rangers will burn them badly.

I agree. Kelly is a guy you can plug up and down the lineup, but he seems to fit best as a LW on that line, for whatever reason. Loui and Soda are great together, but they need someone that plays more of a north/south game, goes to the dirty areas, and plays good defense. Kelly's contract isn't the best, but he's a valuable piece to this team.

On the other hand, the 4th line will continue to struggle, simply because Campbell is cooked. Paille and Cunningham are fine imo.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

Lucic-Krejci-Pasta
Marchy-Bergy-Coyle
Kelly-Soda-Eriksson
Paille-Campbell-Peluso

this current d we have will kill us if we make the playoffs.
turnovervturnoverturnover.
not good enough.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

I wish Dafoomie put up the whole Brown/DK thing

:cry:

and wow this guy is a wimp and a diver/faker

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Get an eye full now, because Clode will rub the shine off of his game in a few years.

The sad part is that this was my first thought too. Although I expect it much faster than a few years. I'd say within his first full season as a Bruin.

CJ: Yeah, you scored 2 goals, but they had an odd man rush that nearly resulted in a shot on goal. Take a seat, rookie...

Bi Coastal Bawse*

granted I just watched some highlights but looks like Soda almost scored in the 1st

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
The sad part is that this was my first thought too. Although I expect it much faster than a few years. I'd say within his first full season as a Bruin.

CJ: Yeah, you scored 2 goals, but they had an odd man rush that nearly resulted in a shot on goal. Take a seat, rookie...

Can you ever ****ing be happy about ANYTHING? :laugh:

SerenityRick

Jan 23, 2008
Moultonborough, NH

Pastrnak had the most TOI than any other Bruins last night. That's all because Pastrnak showed he wasn't a liability defensively and he was rewarded for it.

Hell, not only was he not a liability, he was actually GOOD in his 2-way game. Threw checks, got the puck out of the danger zones in order to move it out of Tuukka's territory..

Setting the example early that this team expects it's players, even explosive goal scorers to work both sides of the ice is a good thing and the best part of it so far is that David seems not only okay with it, but thriving in the system.
I know that's a bit early to say definitively of course.

But meh.. I'm just tired of the whole "Clode will bench you if you don't backcheck LOLOL" crowd. It's true he expects more out of his players but I just do not see that as a bad thing at all.

I personally don't want a player who will be skating all over the offensive zone but make it a defacto 5-4 odd man rush going the other way by ignoring that part of his game. I really don't.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Get an eye full now, because Clode will rub the shine off of his game in a few years.

I think Pasta will excel under Claude- if he was a center we would have a different story; Soderberg is older and adapted pretty well to Julien system- plus the Swedes are strong in fundatmentals and situational hockey.

Best spot if you are creative is on th wing with Claude.

Plus if you read the scouting reports on Pasta from Red Line, he is willing to get back on the defense and loves to play the game.

If you are going to have 'that guy' on this team this kid looks like he is it. Kessel and Seguin had that skills, and this kid looks like he does as well but with the intangibles that will endear himself to all.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Pastrnak had the most TOI than any other Bruins last night. That's all because Pastrnak showed he wasn't a liability defensively and he was rewarded for it.

Hell, not only was he not a liability, he was actually GOOD in his 2-way game. Threw checks, got the puck out of the danger zones in order to move it out of Tuukka's territory..

Setting the example early that this team expects it's players, even explosive goal scorers to work both sides of the ice is a good thing and the best part of it so far is that David seems not only okay with it, but thriving in the system.
I know that's a bit early to say definitively of course.

But meh.. I'm just tired of the whole "Clode will bench you if you don't backcheck LOLOL" crowd. It's true he expects more out of his players but I just do not see that as a bad thing at all.

I personally don't want a player who will be skating all over the offensive zone but make it a defacto 5-4 odd man rush going the other way by ignoring that part of his game. I really don't.

You really need to lighten up. It was a joke, FFS...:laugh:

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Yeah, I just turned a blind eye to that post, or assumed one of your girls hacked your computer and posted it. :laugh:

Best part is the post you quoted was just a gag, and people are getting riled up about it. Sheesh. When did this place become a ****ing mortuary??? :laugh:

Stone Clode

Kicks him, stunner!!
Jun 1, 2010
Swansea, MA
Best part is the post you quoted was just a gag, and people are getting riled up about it. Sheesh. When did this place become a ****ing mortuary??? :laugh:

That's HF for ya in a nutshell. Just be glad you said it on here and not the main board about [insert any Maple Leafs Player here]. You would have been publicly ridiculed for months, and nobody that saw the post would ever forget your name.

They do that here too, but it usually only lasts a few weeks. :laugh:

Berge56

Oct 23, 2014
Been reading through all 15 pages before I posted. Great game was the guys last night. The BS the lightening brought was just what we needed to bring the Bruins back to that closer brotherhood we have been missing. Lucic was in beast mode, Chara was ready to kick anyones ass on the ice that started **** with him and Crazy eyes Mcquade wanted to fight paquette and I wish the refs would have let them go at it.

Pasta was sick and belongs on this team. Burn that first year of the contract and lets go!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad