Post-Game Talk: Bruins defeat Rangers 5-2!!

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Remember in the cup run year. Chara missed a game in the habs series because he was dehydrated badly and needed rest. I could see it happening.

and remember how he played in game 1 right before the 1 game scratch?

i think a big mistake was made deciding to play him in both back to back games to end the season. I wish CJ had treated him the way you treat your starting goalie (well, aside from that weekend). he's THAT important to the cause.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Yeah, I read this morning that he said his shoulder is bothering him.

was it on the attempted tap in by Pie in the 3rd? He was favoring his left shoulder and i have no idea why because the replay didn't show him going down in any odd way, and i didn't see any contact by pie either.

xX lucic crew Xx

Jun 23, 2010
i wanted to sit Rask in the Philly series of 2010 after we went up 3-0 because he was visibly fatigued. Would it have killed us to do that? Not calling for that now because he looks fine. 33 took quite a beating in the leafs series and has looked tired at times, the rangers so far haven't taken advantage but if they come out hitting everything in site in game 3 and 33 plays a lot of mins and we win then i think CJ should think about it.

fuuny!!!!

till this day i felt cj should have played thomas game 6...not only to rest rask...but also to break up rask being involved in all 4 games of a potential epic collapse....winning game 7 against the Leafs have exorcised Rask's personal demons
and that should carry him through the rest of the playoffs...hopefully all the way to the cup
2 Us 2Ks 2 goals against per game 2 cups in 3 years

11MilesPerJohan

@BeingAHumanBean
Nov 8, 2011
McLean Hospital
was it on the attempted tap in by Pie in the 3rd? He was favoring his left shoulder and i have no idea why because the replay didn't show him going down in any odd way, and i didn't see any contact by pie either.

Looked like he was grimacing after that play and trying to move his shoulder around a bit...he didn't look right.

I'm with you, I couldn't see anything on that play that would have led to an injury. Maybe he re-aggravated something. Maybe he has been hurting from the start. My guess is he plays through whatever it is...who is their backup, Biron?

The fact that I really don't know who it is, just tells you that he is pretty much their only option.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
It looked to me that it happened when he lunged at the rebound. His first stab was a bit short and may have hyperextended his shoulder on the second reach for the puck.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
I believe ODAAT already mentioned this but I wanted to point it out again.

It makes me so happy to see D-men in the offensive zone who can look up and think before they make a decision with the puck.

Take Chara off the powerplay please.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

It makes me so happy to see D-men in the offensive zone who can look up and think before they make a decision with the puck.

I agree with taking z off the pp for mainly the reason that he is paying too much time as it is. Boychuck has a blast let him fire it if we want that threat on the ice.

The young kids have the ability to rewrite this pp.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005

yeah. i dont know why he was on the power play to begin with this year.
cant get his shots though, cant handle a pass, and cant make a pass.
plus its a waste of his valuble minutes.

Beyonder91

RASMUS
Oct 13, 2006
Toronto
I agree with taking z off the pp for mainly the reason that he is paying too much time as it is. Boychuck has a blast let him fire it if we want that threat on the ice.

The young kids have the ability to rewrite this pp.

I think we should have learned by now the big blast from the point doesn't mean much. Accuracy, quick release and the ability to get pucks through are much more important. All of which Chara is pretty bad at not to mention he has terrible mobility to skate the puck around.

Dougie has the best point shot on the team. He has that quick half windup slapper which is almost always low on net and he can find the seams to move the puck around.

Krug has more than demonstrated his worth. I've never seen such mobility as he demonstrated when he moved around half the o-zone in a split second laterally backwards. He has also demonstrated he knows when to put pucks on net and his shots are all hard and low as they should be.

ReggieMoto

Nov 24, 2003
Manchester, NH
I highly doubt Chara would agree with this, players want to play. I think it's Chara's call, not Julien's and what kind of message would that send to his teammates if he sat a game?

What kind of message would it send to the team if Chara was making the bench decisions? Clearly this is the coach's call, not Chara's, but I believe he and Chara are on the same page regarding it.

Blackbear

Jan 3, 2007
Good news/Bad news:

Bad News: He had way less puck control today.

Good news: He was less awful as a result.

Uhhhh........

Essatamente! Biggest danger I see to Bruins run is that Jagr will pick up his game a little, try to take over and ruin it for everyone.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
5:30 is actually perfect. I have a friend's 30th bday party that night and this will allow me to do both, without having to go home and nap in between.

Hooray.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
530 is weird.

Casey said the other day she wants to hang in Boston Saturday and try scoring a cheap pair at puck drop on Stubhub, via cell phone. I told her I hope there's no game Saturday, but it doesn't sound like a bad plan should the game be played.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad