Post-Game Talk: Bruins defeat Rangers 5-2!!

Dynasty

Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
Great win. If the Bruins can take one of the next two in NY they should be in good shape.

Haha, I love how one of the announcers said Clode will have a tough decision when Redden, Farence, and Sieds are healthy because of how Dougie, Krug, and Bartkowski are playing..... but we all know Clode won't lose any sleep over it. Sit the young guys!

Sieds is our #2 D and has to play. But with the young guys playing so well he has the luxury of making sure that the vets are back to 100% unless things change for one of the rookies.

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Sieds is our #2 D and has to play. But with the young guys playing so well he has the luxury of making sure that the vets are back to 100% unless things change for one of the rookies.

if we can beg, borrow, or steal game 3, and if Seids is ready to come back i would love for CJ to possibly entertain the idea of resting 33 for game 4. It would be the only situation i can think of within a series to rest him.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
if we can beg, borrow, or steal game 3, and if Seids is ready to come back i would love for CJ to possibly entertain the idea of resting 33 for game 4. It would be the only situation i can think of within a series to rest him.

Or win game 4 with Chara and rest him after.x

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River

Because this team has shown us they have no problem closing out series and can afford to scratch their best player when up 3-0.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Not at all. If you remember the pre-series thread, everyone was concerned that Rangers block shots like there is no tomorrow and, therefore, our d-men would have hard time getting pucks through. As far as I am concerned, our forwards are doing great job setting up screens and distributing puck back to the points and our d playing smart and picking good shooting lanes.

Goals from our d not only produce goals, but once Torts figures out that he really needs to have points covered, a constant threat from the blue line would give more space to our forwards in front of the net.

Yep against the Rangers this is a good thing-it means they are doing what it takes to be Henrik and the Rangers collapse and defend game plan.

I love the fact that our d-men are getting shots through and scoring or setting up the scoring.

Pretty goals aren't usually the kind that scores against the Rangers. Dirty goals or or well screened shots are what scores.

I also think Torts has no real answer for shutting down Krejci's and Bergeron's lines. They can maybe shut down one but like the wack-a-mole game the other pops up to become a problem.

Not sure what's up with Girardi but he was awful in last nights game-he was on the ice for all 5 goals.

Dynasty

Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
The beast (Looch) is back, young replacement D's playing great, Bergie and Marchand tearing it up, Chara showing he's still Chara, Rask solid...

all we need is Seguin to explode. One more weapon (named Seguin) and we can go all the way :yo:

Yeah, agree. I think the main problem with Seguin is that he's putting way to much pressure on himself. This is why he's not scoring, always rushing the play and/or holding his stick too tight. He has to realize this, relax and go out there and have some fun and success is inevitable for such a skilled player.

Last edited:

Pie O My

May 26, 2010
Shawmut Center
Because this team has shown us they have no problem closing out series and can afford to scratch their best player when up 3-0.

i wanted to sit Rask in the Philly series of 2010 after we went up 3-0 because he was visibly fatigued. Would it have killed us to do that? Not calling for that now because he looks fine. 33 took quite a beating in the leafs series and has looked tired at times, the rangers so far haven't taken advantage but if they come out hitting everything in site in game 3 and 33 plays a lot of mins and we win then i think CJ should think about it.

Dynasty

Aug 26, 2003
Visit site
Very surprise on how hard people are going after Hamilton...

Personally, I think Hamilton is going to be an elite D. The only problem right now is that he is only 18 with lack of experience, as well as, lacking in physical strength. The other rookies have had the luxury of development in the AHL and this experience shows.

Since the cap era, I think we can all appreciate the importance of developing players in the AHL since we can only afford to pay for so many elite slilled players.

Getting back to Defense, it is widely accepted by pretty much everybody in hockey that this position is much more difficult to develop as a player.

I think Hamilton will be fine but one full year in the AHL would have paid huge dividends.

Danton Heineken

Howard Potts
Mar 11, 2007
Fall River
i wanted to sit Rask in the Philly series of 2010 after we went up 3-0 because he was visibly fatigued. Would it have killed us to do that? Not calling for that now because he looks fine. 33 took quite a beating in the leafs series and has looked tired at times, the rangers so far haven't taken advantage but if they come out hitting everything in site in game 3 and 33 plays a lot of mins and we win then i think CJ should think about it.

If they sweep the series, everyone will get plenty of rest. With Spezza back, I wouldn't be surprised to see OTT-PIT go 7.

Hell, I'd play Chara 30+ minutes in game 4 (if they were up 3-0) just to ensure a sweep.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Yeah, agree. I think the main problem with Seguin is that he's putting way to much pressure on himself. This is why he's not scoring, always rushing the play and/or holding his stick too tight. He has to realize this, relax and go out there and have some fun and success is inevitable for such a skilled player.

I've been saying this very thing for several games. Maybe we can get Recchi to send a text to Tyler too.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
IIRC this is the first time the Bruins have scored more than 3 goals against Lundqvist.

Hopefully a preview of things to come in this series.

Very impressed with the rookie defensemen, they have really risen to the occasion.

And the Merlot Line- damn are they tearing it up out there.

I am worried about #33 though. IMO he's clearly tired and as a result making stupid plays & taking dumb penalties. Claude has to find a way to rest him somehow.

nazartp

Apr 5, 2006
IIRC this is the first time the Bruins have scored more than 3 goals against Lundqvist.

Very impressed with the rookie defensemen, they have really risen to the occasion.

I am worried about #33 though. IMO he's clearly tired and as a result making stupid plays & taking dumb penalties. Claude has to find a way to rest him somehow.

If Seids is back tomorrow, just cut his minutes. Use him situationally, i.e., PK. If they manage to get him down to 20 minutes next game, that would be just great.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Not excusing Seguin but I thought he had a hell of a game today. Through a couple heavy hits (actually did a double take when I saw it was him throwing the body around) and not at all shying away from board work.

I'd be concerned if the kid was dogging it but he's clearly not. It's still frustrating no doubt. Once he gets going, this team is going to be tough to stop. But it's taking a hell of a long time for him to get going.

I agree Seggy had a good game. He will be OK.

I can tell it bothers him. He will get it going at one of the NY games :yo:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Just watched Dafoomie's highlights from the game. Not to be lost on Krug's goal is McQuaids beautiful defensive play at the other end to stop a breakaway on Boyle. Wow.

That was an excellent play by Quaider. Love to watch the expressions on his face :)

Bmessy

Nov 25, 2007
East Boston, MA
Take Chara off the PP. Not that those are really hard minutes but minutes nonetheless. Plus I like the young guys on the PP, the actually MOVE and they can get pucks through traffic. Chara does have a bomb, but he seldom gets it through for rebounds especially against these shot blocking Rangers.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
I doubt Ferrence is back in this series at all. I would welcome back Seids but Leave Redden out with how the bear cubs are playing. It would be a toss up between bart or krug. because they are lefty shots. I think Hamilton plays because he is a right handed shot.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
A couple of points. The Rangers haven't beaten the Bruins in regulation this year. The Bruins have scored 17 goals in those 5 games. An incredible jump from what we've always done against Lundqvist in the past.

Also, the B's under Julien are a very good road team in the playoffs. 17-16 overall. And, have won at least one road game in every series they've played. 11 series prior to this one. Not going to be intimidated by MSG. Won Gm 7 in Vancouver, 5-4 at the Bell Centre, 3-2 at Philly, won 2/3 at ACC. The Rangers might be a problem. The venue won't be.

howaryuh

Mar 28, 2004
Guelph, Ontario
I highly doubt Chara would agree with this, players want to play. I think it's Chara's call, not Julien's and what kind of message would that send to his teammates if he sat a game?

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011

It's also the first time in 2 seasons Lundqvist has given up 5 goals to anyone-so the Bruins needs to keep trying to score but chances are very good they won't put more than 3 behind him for the majority of the series.

As for Chara-while we have the kids in the line up there is no reason for him to be on the PP but the best way for the Bruins to rest him is to put these next two games away and catch some rest before the next round-of course the Bruins are addicted to game 7s so I won't hold my breath.

theswede2013

Feb 26, 2013
I highly doubt Chara would agree with this, players want to play. I think it's Chara's call, not Julien's and what kind of message would that send to his teammates if he sat a game?

Remember in the cup run year. Chara missed a game in the habs series because he was dehydrated badly and needed rest. I could see it happening.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
Remember in the cup run year. Chara missed a game in the habs series because he was dehydrated badly and needed rest. I could see it happening.

I believe he was hospitalized and lost something like 10 pounds overnight due to the dehydration. I'm sure if he was healthy but just tired he would have played.

I think if you're the Bruins you have to go balls to the wall for these two games and try to take both of them. I'd imagine at least one of the other series will go 7 games and having that extra rest would be huge.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad