Post-Game Talk: Bruins defeat Rangers 2-1!!!!!! Lead 3-0 in the series

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I used to like him as a coach. But hell, he's horrible with his players. Regardless of how a team is playing, we're not talking just very young adults here (18-22), but he treats them it seems with little respect. If I'm in the Rangers camp, I'd want him gone for next Season if the Rangers do in fact get swept or anything close to that this series.

I have never been a Torts or Boucher fan because I think they treat their players with a lack of respect. Julien has called players out publically but I can't imagine him ever calling them out in the way Torts does.

It will be interesting to see if Torts keeps his job over the summer if the Rangers don't get past the second round.

Ron Quixote

Bring all the lovers to the fold...
Feb 15, 2007
The 'Ville - Bullitt County
*snicker* at the kvetching about the broadcasters. The more things change around HF the more they stay the same...

So yeah, Boston's rolling four lines and NY hasn't had an answer for it throughout the series. Torts is getting out-coached in a big way. King Henrik kept it close last night but they're just getting overwhelmed by the Bruins on the boards, down low, and in front of the net.

I did indeed yell a few expletives out loud at Dorsett. He trolled Marchand hard all night but cowered when Thornton came calling. Suck it...

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
with Detroit coming in to this Conference there are going to be a year or two the Bruins dont make the playoffs in the next half dozen. Dont kid yourself folks- I thought the 2007 Red Sox would be kicking ass for years. Its a competitive league with a salary cap in place and lots of good hockey people running teams like Tampa, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, and even Florida.

When the MLB decides to start letting 75% of the teams make the playoffs like the NHL does, that might be a fair comparison. :)

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I thought Pierre was the biggest Bruins suck up of all time:laugh:....he is on WEEI and gushes over Boston, and this series it seems to me he is pro Boston

I don't think Pierre is necessarily pro either team-he just seems to latch on certain players and gush on and on about them like a teenage girl with a crush.

He has done it with JVR, Crosby etc.

He started to gush a bit over Krug last night and he did it with Hamilton early in the season.

I think last night he sounded pro Boston because he went on a rant about the Ranger's PP.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Pierre was PISSED about that PP

How come Torts didn't send out Asham to reply to Thornton?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
*snicker* at the kvetching about the broadcasters. The more things change around HF the more they stay the same...

So yeah, Boston's rolling four lines and NY hasn't had an answer for it throughout the series. Torts is getting out-coached in a big way. King Henrik kept it close last night but they're just getting overwhelmed by the Bruins on the boards, down low, and in front of the net.

I did indeed yell a few expletives out loud at Dorsett. He trolled Marchand hard all night but cowered when Thornton came calling. Suck it...

If Campbell was on the Rangers, would he have dropped them with Thornton?

Rhetorical question by the way....... the answer is an unequivocal YES.

Campbell would have taken the pounding and shown his team, coach, and fans that at least one Ranger outside of HL was interested in showing up on home ice last night. It's why (in addition to him being great on PK and a guy with decent talent) I'm thrilled we have guys like GC on our team.

Dorsett should be embarrassed today.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

Pierre was also claiming that 5 on 5 the Rangers were fine last night.:laugh: What a crock. They were getting dominated 5 on 5.

If it weren't for HL that would have been a 4-1 cake walk for the B's.

The Kid

Jun 19, 2011

Only thing I can think of is that Asham didn't want any part of it. The Rangers are not a "team". They are individuals doing "their thing" out there. They don't care about each other like the Bs do. In an earlier season game, Thorton invited Asham to go, and he declined. I don't think Asham cares like he did when he was in Pitt.

He had every reason to go, other than Thornton probably would have pounded him. But Asham is tough, and skilled, so he knows what he is doing. But he doesn't care. Trading Asham for Thornton would have been a huge benefit to the Rangers in an effort to slow down our 4th line. But still, nothing happened. Maybe in Game 4 there is a response, but I doubt it.

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
If Campbell was on the Rangers, would he have dropped them with Thornton?

Rhetorical question by the way....... the answer is an unequivocal YES.

Campbell would have taken the pounding and shown his team, coach, and fans that at least one Ranger outside of HL was interested in showing up on home ice last night. It's why (in addition to him being great on PK and a guy with decent talent) I'm thrilled we have guys like GC on our team.

Dorsett should be embarrassed today.

If Dorsett fights Thornton, Sugar Shawn isn't on the ice for the GWG. Hmmmm. Would there have been a GWG in regulation without Thornton. Thanks for being a wuss Dorsett.

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Yeah I see what u mean. On their PP there was no team work just individuals bringing up the puck and trying to do it all.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
If Dorsett fights Thornton, Sugar Shawn isn't on the ice for the GWG. Hmmmm. Would there have been a GWG in regulation without Thornton. Thanks for being a wuss Dorsett.

Exactly! More reason for Dorsett to be hanging his head today!:laugh:

HarvardBruin

May 10, 2013
Boston, MA
I don't think Pierre is necessarily pro either team-he just seems to latch on certain players and gush on and on about them like a teenage girl with a crush.

He has done it with JVR, Crosby etc.

He started to gush a bit over Krug last night and he did it with Hamilton early in the season.

I think last night he sounded pro Boston because he went on a rant about the Ranger's PP.

What's funny is that Pierre changed his tune drastically between Game 2 and Game 3 in regards to the Rangers' PP. In Game 2, he specifically said, "Their PP has been this way all year. It's not the players; it's the schematics." Clearly, that's an indictment of the coaching. He even went on to say that Callahan made Torts a much better coach. On its own, that's a harmless statement. However, when you pair it with the PP statement, his feelings/opinion on Torts as a coach became evident.

But, in last night's game, he credited Torts for establishing the best - or one of the best - PP in the league when he was an assistant for Buffalo back in the 90s, implying that the blame is all on the players.

So, what is it Pierre? One day it's all on the coach, then the next it seems to be all on the players.

Obviously, blame should be placed on both parties. The players want to do their own thing, but they want to do their own thing because they don't trust the system. Part of that is on them and part of that is on Torts not making them believe and trust in his plan. Pierre just sounded like an idiot for jumping from one extreme to another in 48 hours time.

To me, it's evident that Torts has lost the team at this point. Unless the Rangers take it to at least a Game 6 (perhaps even a Game 7) and make it competitive, then he stands no chance of returning, in my opinion.

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston

That's easy to say now Haha.

But as a rangers fan in would be upset that dorsett didnt fight. They needed momentum he could have stood up for his team right in front of then bench instead he ran away. He's a tough guy could have maybe held his own.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
96M5cxm.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad