Post-Game Talk: Bruins defeat Rangers 2-1!!!!!! Lead 3-0 in the series

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
- The refs set the tempo early when Callahan high sticked Chara and drew blood. That pretty much said anything goes.

- I thought Jagr looked dangerous tonight and had an extra jump in his step. That line looks solid

- Kelly and Peverley are still dragging; Kelly moreso than Pevs. It's time to bench Chris " The Anchor " Kelly and put Soderberg in there.

- Lundqvist was the best player on the ice and the only reason why this wasn't a 5-1 game.

- Dorsett showed quite the yellow streak when he denied Thornton a fight. I like him as a player, but if you're going to intimidate and try to get one of Boston's skilled players off the ice physically, you need to answer the bell when the enforcer comes along or else you just make yourself and the rest of your team look weak.

- Boychuk really steps it up for the playoffs. I wish they would use him more on the PP.

Kate08

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 30, 2010
I'm toast for the rest of the playoffs. My throat hurts just from watching on my couch.

Kelly23

Pedroia and Drew
Nov 4, 2010
Boston
When seids is back new pp units

Lucic-Krejci-Jagr....Krug-Boychuck

Marchy-Seguin-Horton...Bergy-Chara

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
-Lucic is playing solid, that whole line is but he has been great.

-Sitting Dougie for Sides makes sense, but I think I make no line up changes for next game, hope we close out and let everyone rest as much as possible. If we lose, bring in Sides for Bart/McQuaid/Hamilton... Krug stays, been great.

-Seguin will have a multi point game within the next 3 games, either goal and assist or 2 goals, he is sniffing the net and getting close. People need to stop throwing him under the bus, the compete level is there.

- Merlot has been difference maker not just this game but series

- Get the brooms... hope we can sweep, at minimum I think we close out at home on Game 5

- Love Jagr's facial hair, reminds me of Wolverine.

Minny Shinny

Dec 23, 2011
probably at the airport
You have to think this is a nut-punch loss for the Rangers tonight. Tonight, at MSG, throwing everything they had at the Bruins and they lose, going down 3-0.

I don't know if that team can muster another effort like tonight's, and that's not to say tonight was a stellar effort from the Rangers either.

I think the Rangers really had to win tonight.

Foot's on the throat.

C77

Mar 12, 2009
Junior's Farm
The Rangers were gassed by the end of that game. They couldn't get much attacking zone time in the 3rd period.

The Bruins are wearing them out....and Krug and Bartkowski are having an impact in that regard too....not just the 4th line. None of the other defensemen are constantly fumbling the puck around in the defensive zone.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
I was outside smoking and thinking about that back spin puck.

How lucky are we that Paille didn't stop to celebrate like Thornton?

DoubleAAAA

Jun 5, 2009
You have to think this is a nut-punch loss for the Rangers tonight. Tonight, at MSG, throwing everything they had at the Bruins and they lose, going down 3-0.

I don't know if that team can muster another effort like tonight's, and that's not to say tonight was a stellar effort from the Rangers either.

I think the Rangers really had to win tonight.

Foot's on the throat.

If that was "everything they had", they're in trouble. Aside from Hank, they were pretty terrible tonight.

LittleKev6D9

Unregistered User
Dec 14, 2011
Middletown
Rangers fan here:

Congrats on the win guys. Boy are you guys deep. Unreal how many effective players you have. Bruins were pretty much the only team I didn't want to play. I liked the Rangers chances more against the Pens.

Rangers were awful, but that doesn't take anything away from how great the Bs played.

2nd goal was pretty lucky, but honestly that goal should have been scored 10 minutes ago with how much Bruins were dominating. Lundqvist was the only guy who showed up tonight.

Officiating was horrible and Bruins were the bigger victims of that. Bruins should have had at least 3 PPs with one being 4 mins. Another reason you guys deserved to win way more than the Rangers.

And this Krug kid came out of nowhere, but man is he fun to watch.

Anyway, good luck next round after you finish us off. Congrats again.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
The Rangers were gassed by the end of that game. They couldn't get much attacking zone time.

The Bruins are wearing them out....and Krug and Bartkowski are having an impact in that regard too....not just the 4th line. None of the other defensemen are constantly fumbling the puck around in the defensive zone.

MY God, The Krejci Line handed them opportunity after opportunity on a silver platter in the last minute. That was horrendous including Chara.

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Rangers fan here:

Congrats on the win guys. Boy are you guys deep. Unreal how many effective players you have. Bruins were pretty much the only team I didn't want to play. I liked the Rangers chances more against the Pens.

Rangers were awful, but that doesn't take anything away from how great the Bs played.

2nd goal was pretty lucky, but honestly that goal should have been scored 10 minutes ago with how much Bruins were dominating. Lundqvist was the only guy who showed up tonight.

Officiating was horrible and Bruins were the bigger victims of that. Bruins should have had at least 3 PPs with one being 4 mins. Another reason you guys deserved to win way more than the Rangers.

And this Krug kid came out of nowhere, but man is he fun to watch.

Anyway, good luck next round after you finish us off. Congrats again.

Thanks for the kind words, but this series isn't over yet. WE should know better.

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
"@JamesStewart81: Tim Thomas Cup year - 10 games 7-3 2.30GAA 93.5%
Tuukka Rask now - 10 games 7-3 2.30 93.0% #Bruins #BruinsTalk"

finchster

Jul 12, 2006
Antalya
- The refs set the tempo early when Callahan high sticked Chara and drew blood. That pretty much said anything goes.

- I thought Jagr looked dangerous tonight and had an extra jump in his step. That line looks solid

- Kelly and Peverley are still dragging; Kelly moreso than Pevs. It's time to bench Chris " The Anchor " Kelly and put Soderberg in there.

- Lundqvist was the best player on the ice and the only reason why this wasn't a 5-1 game.

- Dorsett showed quite the yellow streak when he denied Thornton a fight. I like him as a player, but if you're going to intimidate and try to get one of Boston's skilled players off the ice physically, you need to answer the bell when the enforcer comes along or else you just make yourself and the rest of your team look weak.

- Boychuk really steps it up for the playoffs. I wish they would use him more on the PP.
Over an 82 game average, Boychuk's playoff numbers are vastly superior to the regular season

Type|G|A|P
Season|5|12|17
Playoffs|15|18|33*
Actual current stat line in the playoffs is 55-10-12-22

Bi Coastal Bawse*

Who saw the Tuukka interview when he said u serious? Walked away for like 2 seconds and came back :laugh:

I wonder what happened

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I think Pierre is about to toss over Callahan for his new love Krug. Krug earned the love in this game IMO. He was playing well at both ends of the ice.

When Seids is ready I figure Hamilton sits-not because he's awful but I think right now Krug and Bart are out playing him. Hamilton needs to work on building some muscle in the off season.

Loved seeing the merlot line come through tonight-Pie earned the jacket.

Boychuk is a goal scoring machine in the play offs.

Refs were awful.

I can accept letting holds and similar to but high sticks that draw blood?

Rangers don't seem to have enough defensive depth to shut down every line-if not for Hank they would t even be in the playoffs (and to some degree I think Rangers fans know this-or at least recognize that Hank is the anchor that wins them games).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad