Bruins D in 2 years?

77bestever*

Yandle is not a top pairing defenseman on this team, especially playing on Dougie's right. I love the kid too (good player, good guy, local ties), but his game has more leaks than the Iraqi Navy. He is also not close to being as good of a shooter as Krug is.. and a simple glance of their stats proves this. I have no problem with your opinions amigo, but penciling Yandle on a top pairing, when you have (1) chara on 2nd pair, and (2) Seids on the 3rd pair is... interesting to say the least.

And do you mean Warsofsky?

I simply think our defense needs to be more up tempo and offensive minded when we retrieve the puck in our defensive zone. YANDLE has the ability to get the puc up ice. This is going to be DOUG HAMILTONS team soon and why not start that now. Chara will play 20 minutes a game as we need to save him for the real season. As for YANDLES leaks....I say that can be changed with coaching. He can skate and has ability....Seids for me is expendable if we can get a guy to compliment Dougie....I just think it is time to move on from an aging slow defense that has proven the last two years it cant get us all the way.....

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
I simply think our defense needs to be more up tempo and offensive minded when we retrieve the puck in our defensive zone. YANDLE has the ability to get the puc up ice. This is going to be DOUG HAMILTONS team soon and why not start that now. Chara will play 20 minutes a game as we need to save him for the real season. As for YANDLES leaks....I say that can be changed with coaching. He can skate and has ability....Seids for me is expendable if we can get a guy to compliment Dougie....I just think it is time to move on from an aging slow defense that has proven the last two years it cant get us all the way.....

Seidenberg is not going anywhere. You have to accept this. Boychuk likely will be gone next year and depending on so many unknowns we can reacess.

I like Yandle a lot - but at this time as Flip Wilson used to say 'What you see is what you get'.

77bestever*

Seidenberg is not going anywhere. You have to accept this. Boychuk likely will be gone next year and depending on so many unknowns we can reacess.

I like Yandle a lot - but at this time as Flip Wilson used to say 'What you see is what you get'.

Then I guess we will have another nice season....Hope a lot and dream of another cup.....But it wont happen if this D remains how it is presently constructed...

BOYCHUCK is not going anywhere Just FYI...

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Then I guess we will have another nice season....Hope a lot and dream of another cup.....But it wont happen if this D remains how it is presently constructed...

Well I beg to differ with you on alot of your statements, but will start by asking how can you so sure BOYCHUCK is not going anywhere? I feel, if you took a poll of the posters on here the Majority woud say Boychuck will NOT be a Bruin this time next year

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton

I personally think the forward group needs more of a shakeup than the D and Rask will have to be better in next year's playoffs.

JoeIsAStud

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I have been attacked since I got here because of my view on Krug and feeling Chara needs to be played less minutes and Dougie needs to take over as the leading DMAN on the team.....If "Kool Aid" is condescending then sorry...You want to hear whats I been called ?

I LOVE YANDLE....He is better then KRUG in any and every facet of the game and a YANDLE-DOUGIE first pairing would make our team unstoppable IMO...

I would trade KRUG, SPOONER PLUS to get him in a second.

DOUGIE-YANDLE
CHARA-JOHN B
SEIDS-MILLER
McQUAID- WARCHOSKY

This would be amazing......I bet CHIA knows it also.....Anyone who has watched CHICAGO the last few years should know what we need.

I know what we would need, an additional 10 million in cap space.

They are already fighting to find a way to make the cap work this season, and really short changing the forwards. Now we are acquiring an additional 3 million in defenseman costs?

And Boychuck is gone. Might be September this year, but there is no chance he is a Bruin this time next offseason

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.
I have been attacked since I got here because of my view on Krug and feeling Chara needs to be played less minutes and Dougie needs to take over as the leading DMAN on the team.....If "Kool Aid" is condescending then sorry...You want to hear whats I been called ?

I LOVE YANDLE....He is better then KRUG in any and every facet of the game and a YANDLE-DOUGIE first pairing would make our team unstoppable IMO...

I would trade KRUG, SPOONER PLUS to get him in a second.

DOUGIE-YANDLE
CHARA-JOHN B
SEIDS-MILLER
McQUAID- WARCHOSKY

This would be amazing......I bet CHIA knows it also.....Anyone who has watched CHICAGO the last few years should know what we need.

We finally have a name!

And it's the wrong name.

And it doesn't fit the structure of the defense.

And exists in a vacuum where the salary cap does not exist. We have 3 cents in cap space, how can we add Yandle's contract?

A Hamilton - Yandle top pairing makes the team "unstoppable"? I think it makes us a lottery team. Yandle is a borderline disaster area in his own end and is as soft as a pillow. I've never seen a fan base so obsessed with a player (Yandle) who is the TOTAL opposite of a "Bruin". Bruin fans hated Dennis Wideman, Yandle is basically Wideman, with a bigger payday.

I have watched at least 40 Coyote games the last 2 years, I don't understand the fascination with this guy. He's a carbon copy of the exact type of defenseman I hate (see: Green, Mike). Soft, one dimensional, disappears when the game gets physical. I'm convinced that because he plays for a Western team, no one ever gets to actually see the guy play and base their opinions on numbers and where he was born.

If Keith Yandle is the answer to your woes, your'e a pretty ****** hockey club.

unifiedtheory

Twitter: @ut_pez
Jun 18, 2007
Burnaby, B.C.

Johnny Boychuk is looking at $5.5 million MINIMUM if he hits UFA.

In a World where a 33 year old Brooks Orpik gets a 5 year deal with a 5.5 million AAV a 31 year old Johnny Boychuk is getting at LEAST that. I'm willing to bet, with the increased cap ceiling, Johnny receives a 5 year 32 million dollar contract from someone. I love Johnny but I'm not paying him that kind of money. Not with Krejci, Lucic, Eriksson, Hamilton, Smith and Krug all needing contracts in the next 2 years.

It's one of the reasons why I laugh at people saying "David Krejci shouldn't be paid more than 6.5 million a year". He's a first line center who will be 29 years old when he signs his next contract. When a borderline 2nd pair (I can't stress borderline enough) who is 33 years old receives 5.5 million a year, David Krejci should be getting 8.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Johnny Boychuk is looking at $5.5 million MINIMUM if he hits UFA.

In a World where a 33 year old Brooks Orpik gets a 5 year deal with a 5.5 million AAV a 31 year old Johnny Boychuk is getting at LEAST that. I'm willing to bet, with the increased cap ceiling, Johnny receives a 5 year 32 million dollar contract from someone. I love Johnny but I'm not paying him that kind of money. Not with Krejci, Lucic, Eriksson, Hamilton, Smith and Krug all needing contracts in the next 2 years.

It's one of the reasons why I laugh at people saying "David Krejci shouldn't be paid more than 6.5 million a year". He's a first line center who will be 29 years old when he signs his next contract. When a borderline 2nd pair (I can't stress borderline enough) who is 33 years old receives 5.5 million a year, David Krejci should be getting 8.

and your being kind saying "borderline":laugh:

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut

I love this line of thinking.

The Bruins only got to the 6th game of the finals two years ago and that proves the old defense can't get "us" all the way. So I guess it proves Rask can't take us all the way either. Nor can our veteran forwards. Blow up the whole bunch, then.

77bestever*

I love this line of thinking.

The Bruins only got to the 6th game of the finals two years ago and that proves the old defense can't get "us" all the way. So I guess it proves Rask can't take us all the way either. Nor can our veteran forwards. Blow up the whole bunch, then.
enough.
Maybe we are just different kind of fans.....? For me game 6 is not good enough. See for me, CUP wins are lasting. You can watch the game six tapes all you want if it makes you feel good. More power to ya. As for me, My team lost and Then when I ask why to myself and evaluate what I think is the reason it was because our D was not mobile or quick enough....That's at full strength....Now two years later they are older and one is coming off major knee surgery.....

You want to live in the past with a D that is not good enough...Especially since our team philosophy is defense first....Be my guest pal. As a fan of the team, A guy who has not missed a single game in 12-14 years......And as a guy who watches the whole league. This D aint good enough. If you think so, then you can be the fan you are.....I have my own opinions and your comments mean nothing to me when presented in this manner. Give me some substance pal....Then maybe I can consider a hockey point.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
We don't have to worry about the D this season. It's in really good shape, still the top in the league IMO. WE NEED OFFENSE. Literally our only need is a right handed top 6.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I hope you are right about Johnny, but he is looking at a big pay day.

I notice a pattern- keep Johnny, move Seidenberg. So do you not like Seidenberg because the Bruins will only be able to afford one of them? Also, Seidenberg is already signed to a very team friendly deal and he has a NMC. So, if Seidenberg has the clause and JB is a UFA next June, I don't see how this works out as you want.

I'm for keeping both but don't see how that can happen.

77bestever*

"You are a stupid fan because you don't agree with me."

----guy constantly whining that he gets disrespected here

So how many of those 20K posts do you make stuff up....Cause I don't see me calling anyone stupid....??? Again, I could care less who agrees with me or not. My opinion is my opinion. So what team do you GM for ?

77bestever*

I hope you are right about Johnny, but he is looking at a big pay day.

I notice a pattern- keep Johnny, move Seidenberg. So do you not like Seidenberg because the Bruins will only be able to afford one of them? Also, Seidenberg is already signed to a very team friendly deal and he has a NMC. So, if Seidenberg has the clause and JB is a UFA next June, I don't see how this works out as you want.

I'm for keeping both but don't see how that can happen.

I have never said I don't like SEIDS....I do like Boychuck better and he is better. I think Seids was just a decent DMAN till he got lucky enough to play with Chara....he guy was never thought of as a top 3 dman till that happened. He has played for a few teams I think. IMO, we just don't need him with Dougie just about to be a big minutes guy....What does he do that is so great ? Does he open ice hit like Johhny NO.....Does he play on the PP...? No....He is solid, take Chara away and he becomes what he was...Ordinary. If we can trade him to keep Johhny it is a no brainer inmy mind...And if we can dump Kelly with him....And the cap goes up a few mill....Then we can have ten mill for the WING and the Bigtime Dman we need....That's all I think.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
Seidenberg stays whether you like it or not. His cap hit is too good to even think about trading him. I think JB is as good as gone. Everything seems to be leaning in that direction.

With the surplus of Dmen and his contract being up after this season. And Hamilton, Krejci, and Soderberg all due some big contracts. Idk, I hope I'm wrong but I think he will be traded to fill our RW need.

77bestever*

Seidenberg stays whether you like it or not. His cap hit is too good to even think about trading him. I think JB is as good as gone. Everything seems to be leaning in that direction.

With the surplus of Dmen and his contract being up after this season. And Hamilton, Krejci, and Soderberg all due some big contracts. Idk, I hope I'm wrong but I think he will be traded to fill our RW need.

What seems to be leaning in that direction ? You have any solid indications that Boychuck is getting traded ? Inside info from the front office ? Any articles we should see ? Has Chiarelli said anything I may have missed ? Did you get a tip from one of the GMs here ?

Boychuck is not going anywhere. If he goes he takes our identity with him. Him and LOOCH are whate we are. Unless he is traded for an EVANDER Kane type....Then I guess Chia would have to think about it.

DitClapper

May 15, 2014
What seems to be leaning in that direction ? You have any solid indications that Boychuck is getting traded ? Inside info from the front office ? Any articles we should see ? Has Chiarelli said anything I may have missed ? Did you get a tip from one of the GMs here ?

Boychuck is not going anywhere. If he goes he takes our identity with him. Him and LOOCH are whate we are. Unless he is traded for an EVANDER Kane type....Then I guess Chia would have to think about it.

Read the second column I wrote. It's all speculation and just 'my opinion' like you were ramblin on about. What are you a cop with all these questions? A defense lawyer? Johnnie Cochran over here.

77bestever*

Read the second column I wrote. It's all speculation and just 'my opinion' like you were ramblin on about. What are you a cop with all these questions? A defense lawyer? Johnnie Cochran over here.

I have seen some of your trade proposals on the trade board.....They are kind of one way shocking. But If it is your opinion the BRUINS are trading Johnny Boychuck then I guess I will have to respect that opinion. I easily disagree...but I respect your right to think it. As wrong as it will be.

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002

I agree he's not going anywhere this season; but after this year no matter what happens all bets are off. One of my all time favorites but unfortunately in a cap world I think Johnny cashes in big time.

77bestever*

I agree he's not going anywhere this season; but after this year no matter what happens all bets are off. One of my all time favorites but unfortunately in a cap world I think Johnny cashes in big time.

A lot can happen from now till the end of this year and another off season....I think this time next year Johnny B gets a 4 year 20-24 million dollar deal. Chia will get rid of the dead weight.

This team will not miss

KELLY, SEIDS, KRUG, BART, McQUIAD.....not sure how much is there but add that plus a cap increase and we will sign JohnnyB. The team is not perfect...It will take RASK to play up to his contract for us to win the cup. He has not done that yet....And I am not sure he can...But we have time for him to come up big.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad