Confirmed with Link: Bruins cut ties with Mitchell Miller( MOD warning post 410)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
According to posters here Isaiahs mom was a liar and doing this for attention. That Miller was an honest stand up kid now.

Weird.

I don't think anyone was calling her a liar. But there were many things that were very confusing and I wish she'd clarify. Like the apparent taunting that took place only 2 years ago? The apology and letter apology she says she never got but we know he said one? Either way, it doesn't matter anymore.

Signing this kid was a mistake from day f***ing 1. Everyone involved needs a good smack.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Still embarrassing. You’re 1 of 32 franchises, Original 6 to boot. You’re supposed to be the best of the best. Do your due f***ing diligence. Amateur hour
So they don't do any due diligence on a kid with actual red flags but bend over backwards to reach for the tiniest "red flags" on draft prospects and deem that they have character issues. What a joke. Who does the research and PR for this organization?

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I still want heads to roll though. The embarrassment this brought the franchise for something they didn't even stick to through the weekend is unacceptable.

internally there needs be a look in the mirror. If Im old man Jacobs I want answers.

I didnt post lat night but in addition to what I was told about O’ree I was also told Jacobs Senior ‘was on his way to meet with them last night’.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
internally there needs be a look in the mirror. If Im old man Jacobs I want answers.

I didnt post lat night but in addition to what I was told about O’ree I was also told Jacobs Senior ‘was on his way to meet with them last night’.

I'm honestly shocked that Jacobs wasn't involved from the start. I have to imagine they either soft balled who Miller was when pitching the idea.

Or they thought the blowback wouldn't be anywhere near as bad.

Reactions: Bradely and Gordoff

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
I’m baffled by some of the responses I’m seeing here.

I understood people felt “second chances” can be earned/ should be given/ etc.

THE DUDE AND HIS AGENT LIED. FURTHER CEMENTING HIS POS STATUS.

There are no winners here. The damage is done. Enough.

Smitty93

Dec 6, 2012
We understood this to be an isolated incident and that he had taken meaningful action to reform and was committed to ongoing personal development. Based on that understanding we offered him a contract.

Your golden boy lied to the front office, but of course you are fine with that.

This is total bullshit. Every single person here knew it was a multi-year thing. If they want to say he lied about community work or apologizing to the victim, that's fine, but everyone knew everything else 2 years ago.

BigGoalBrad

Jun 3, 2012
Actually Miller did a pretty good job of that on his own.
Yeah 7 years ago.

I don't feel that bad for him and he looks like he'd be cast to play a nasty bully in a HS movie. That is also why I advocate.

I went to Church today like I do every Sunday this isn't a perfect world and I honestly hate that Donny and Cam are getting crushed for this too. I've been given second and third and fourth chances and am familiar with the legal system it just all sucks. Hopefully we can get back to hockey.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Especially proud of all our players. They were polite with the media but I cannot imagine the shitstorm that went on behind closed doors, at their players meeting, etc.

Not just their doing but I can only imagine based on their tone from the interviews this was not something they were willing to "wait and see" on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad