Management Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy fined $25K for criticizing officiating

SPLBRUIN

Mar 21, 2010
Trotz right now is moving the crystal ball in what ever direction he wants to, he's not only controlling the officials with his Bergy comments he's controlling Cassidy by responding out on it. Too me he's doing a magnificent job of spinning a web around the Bruins and the officials.

Only because the NHL brass are as a dumb as they come, we here can all see through this charade.

Reactions: Bodit9

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
When you look at the list of officials working in the second round you can see how weak the NHL is regarding officials.

Losing Chris Rooney to injury made things worse.

Referees – US [/SIZE]

Francis Charron, Gord Dwyer, Jean Hebert, Chris Lee, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Rourke, Brian Pochmara, Francois St. Laurent, Kelly Sutherland

Referees – Canada

Eric Furlatt, Brad Meier, Kevin Pollock

Out from Round 1: Marc Joannette, Steve Kozari, Frederick L’Ecuyer, TJ Luxmore, Jon McIsaac, Garrett Rank, Kyle Rehman, Graham Skilliter

It amazes me how Eric Furlatt and Brian Jokemara get this far. I suppose the fact that TJ Suxmore, Jon Myeyessuck and Milk Crate L'Ecuyer have a limit is small consolation.

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
With his New York Islanders up 3-2 in the best-of-seven set against the Boston Bruins, Trotz was asked Tuesday about Bergeron’s response.

“That’s a comment I would make to every veteran centerman in this league,” Trotz said over Zoom. “You always look for an edge and he’s very good at it. …"

Did I miss his comments about the Penguins veteran centers and their cheating in the first round?

Reactions: BMC and Alicat

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
With his New York Islanders up 3-2 in the best-of-seven set against the Boston Bruins, Trotz was asked Tuesday about Bergeron’s response.

“That’s a comment I would make to every veteran centerman in this league,” Trotz said over Zoom. “You always look for an edge and he’s very good at it. …"

Did I miss his comments about the Penguins veteran centers and their cheating in the first round?
Nope. He didn't say a word.

Guy is a clown

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Does Cassidy get the gate if the B's lose this series? I think its time, young players take a step backwards when he gets his hands on them. Can ALL of Sweeny's picks suck this bad?

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Trotz is a clown

Also he's built like a snowman. Idk where his neck is

He's no clown, and he knows exactly what he's doing. I don't like the "gamesmenship" or "softening up the refs" crap either, but many coaches do it.

It grates, given the calls and non-calls in the series.

Cassidy's complaints come too late, and to me, he's been outcoached in the series.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
He's no clown, and he knows exactly what he's doing. I don't like the "gamesmenship" or "softening up the refs" crap either, but many coaches do it.

It grates, given the calls and non-calls in the series.

Cassidy's complaints come too late, and to me, he's been outcoached in the series.

outsmarted as well

Reactions: Saxon Eric

KrugAvoy

Aug 11, 2017
Lowell
Does Cassidy get the gate if the B's lose this series? I think its time, young players take a step backwards when he gets his hands on them. Can ALL of Sweeny's picks suck this bad?

If he does who is the coach? I have a feeling Sweeney and Neely just promote Leach from Providence and make him HC.

Reactions: 4ORRBRUIN

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
outsmarted as well

I think there are a couple of things you can point to, and I'm no Xs & Os type.

He left the fourth line on the ice in game four, near the end. What was that?

He's failed to adjust third and fourth line deficiencies, which have been considerable.

I like Bruce but both he and Sweeney/Neely need to get serious about bringing in greater physicality, because it's hurt them every season for quite awhile now. That's an argument for another day.

If they don't adjust an bring everything possible, the series is over. The Bruins may be the better team, but they haven't played like it. Credit to NYI and Trotz.

He may have no neck. He looks like a bullet out there. I wouldn't want to get him mad at me, either.

Reactions: BMC and TCB

BRUINS since 1995

May 10, 2010
Au pays de la neige

He's failed to adjust third and fourth line deficiencies, which have been considerable.

I like Bruce but both he and Sweeney/Neely need to get serious about bringing in greater physicality, because it's hurt them every season for quite awhile now. That's an argument for another day.

If they don't adjust an bring everything possible, the series is over. The Bruins may be the better team, but they haven't played like it. Credit to NYI and Trotz.

He may have no neck. He looks like a bullet out there. I wouldn't want to get him mad at me, either.
Gordie would have no problem with Trotz mad ;)

Reactions: GordonHowe

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

Trotz is a great coach its as simple as that but Varlomov has a whole lot to do with his greatness right now, along with the injuries to Carlo and Miller.

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Trotz is a great coach its as simple as that but Varlomov has a whole lot to do with his greatness right now, along with the injuries to Carlo and Miller.

And.....2 plays.

Pasta missing a wide open net in game 4.

Marchand not being able to tuck in a goal in the first last night that would have put them up 2-0.

Not ragging on them because things happen...but those two go in and the series is likely over.

Reactions: BMC and TCB

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
Not killing penalties has hurt them in this series. They managed to stonewall the Capitals in that series but have not been able to do the same against the Isles. Missing chances with wide open chances doesn't help either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad