Management Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy fined $25K for criticizing officiating

rocketdan9

Feb 5, 2009
Boston Bruin head coach Bruce Cassidy has been fined $25,000 for publicly criticizing the officiating of his team’s second-round series against the New York Islanders, the league announced Tuesday.

F^#^^# the nhl relations

I hope Jacobs pays this on behalf. Cassidy had to rip them

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
Seem like a pretty hefty fine considering Bruce didn't exactly go Torts on them. Good on him for at least pointing out the obvious. Wish he would work them a lot more when it matters -- during the game. A few seconds of anger and shoulder shrugging here and there doesn't seem to work.

Reactions: GabeTravels

Emerz

#1 PLD Fanboy
Jun 5, 2013
Nova Scotia
Nothing Cassidy said was wrong, he just had the balls to say it out loud. There is a clear difference in standard on what is a penalty for the Bruins vs what is a penalty on the Islanders. The real stink should be trying to get to the bottom of why that is.

Whether it's the refs respect for Trotz or what exactly is happening here - he was quoted yesterday fluffing up the linesmens "games" and how they're doing an excellent job and have to watch out for the cheaters - lo and behold, Bergeron is getting kicked out of the dot left right and center all night long.

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
Pay it in pennies

\
qw61H6.gif

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
No other choice here now but to double down, punch them in the throat Wednesday, and win it in 7 on Friday.

Drift

Jan 9, 2012
Sooo:

Cassidy - 25000
DeBrusk - 5000
Krejci - 5000
Ritchie - 5000

hahaha NHL's loving the bruins this postseason.

Reactions: Cronuss

missingchicklet

Jan 24, 2010
It's so weird that during the regular season we see that most games are well officiated by quite a few refs who are not big names. The memorably bad games tend to be done by the usual suspects. The NHL says it chooses the absolute best refs, based on performance, to do the playoffs, and then promotes them round by round based on performance as well. What the hell is the criteria they are using to judge ref performance?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
Embarassing it's that high of a fine compared to the max fine for players, wish more coaches would start criticizing the refs like this maybe there'd be some accountability. Don't blame coaches for not doing it though.

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
I love hockey....I just wish the NHL management was of a caliber to run this game the way it deserves

Bettman has been a genius at increasing owner revenue and a clown managing the product

the Cassidy fine is one more example of his priorities.....don't tell me my garbage smells and don't you dare hold your nose while you say it

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
When you look at the list of officials working in the second round you can see how weak the NHL is regarding officials.

Losing Chris Rooney to injury made things worse.

Referees – US [/SIZE]

Francis Charron, Gord Dwyer, Jean Hebert, Chris Lee, Wes McCauley, Dan O’Rourke, Brian Pochmara, Francois St. Laurent, Kelly Sutherland

Referees – Canada

Eric Furlatt, Brad Meier, Kevin Pollock

Out from Round 1: Marc Joannette, Steve Kozari, Frederick L’Ecuyer, TJ Luxmore, Jon McIsaac, Garrett Rank, Kyle Rehman, Graham Skilliter

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad