Management Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy fined $25K for criticizing officiating

Flannelman

Quiet, Gnashgab.
Dec 3, 2006
It’s only money and honestly I thought his comments were timid. And I find it so ironic on all these public forums the Isles fans saying Cassidy is manipulating the refs w this? Do you not see what Trotz did and on Beegys first face off being thrown out? Jeebus

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Trotz, is playing the “who me” game now. You worked them. You can’t admit it. Just move on and say next question. I’m so sick of his shit. I’m sick of questionable calls going one way . I’m sick of bull shit calls in OT. Here’s my thing Coach Trotz did you call Bergeron a cheater. It’s a simple Yes or No.
He’s playing Game 5 Berube.

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
"Civil" means "don't you dare disagree with how the game was reffed"

Didn’t think he was over the top or disrespectful but gets $25k fine for pointing out the glaring inconsistencies in the calls being made. NHL got those priories right.

At no point did he disagree with the calls on us just highlighted the shocking lack of consistency. Guess he should have just said veteran Isles players cheat by running interference plays and the officials need to take look at it and be better.

IntentionallyWide

The poster formerly known as gobruins14
Sponsor
Aug 9, 2006
I wish he took it a step further and said that the poor officiating impacted the outcome of the game. Really get his money's worth out of it. Is there a GoFundMe?

Reactions: BMC

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I love hockey....I just wish the NHL management was of a caliber to run this game the way it deserves

Bettman has been a genius at increasing owner revenue and a clown managing the product

the Cassidy fine is one more example of his priorities.....don't tell me my garbage smells and don't you dare hold your nose while you say it

Amen.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Monopoly system with the ability to gag/censor criticism -- regardless of how it is delivered or whether it is holds merit or not.

Ve vill not tolerate ze lip. You vill keep it shtuuck or you vill get a trip to ze Russian Front.

It was funny when Major Hochkstetter and General Burkhalter did it. Now it's just f***ing creepy.

Reactions: BMC

Number8

Oct 31, 2007

That is so over the top is has to qualify as harassment. I don't know if those referees wanted their testicles cupped and fondled or not. No Neck Barry just waded right in and physically molested them with those comments.

I am so happy that wasn't accompanied by a video. Grotesque.

bruinshoper

Sponsor
Jan 20, 2011
What an opportunity for players to show their coach they have his back though… Everyone shows up to practise with some cold hard cash, and they hand the bag to coach. Who cares how much is in it…

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Trotz right now is moving the crystal ball in what ever direction he wants to, he's not only controlling the officials with his Bergy comments he's controlling Cassidy by responding out on it. Too me he's doing a magnificent job of spinning a web around the Bruins and the officials.

nORRis8

The NHL, the stupidest League ever.
Sep 16, 2015
RedDeer, Alberta
The penalty on Kuraly was a complete mystery.
Sean attempted to interefere with the Isles player, failed....naaaaah, its a penalty.

Berube critisized the officials after game 3 of the finals in 2019 plus this year as well that calls were one-sided....no fine either time.

Last edited:
Reactions: BMC and TCB

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It's so weird that during the regular season we see that most games are well officiated by quite a few refs who are not big names. The memorably bad games tend to be done by the usual suspects. The NHL says it chooses the absolute best refs, based on performance, to do the playoffs, and then promotes them round by round based on performance as well. What the hell is the criteria they are using to judge ref performance?

What the hell is the criteria they are using to judge ref performance?
Whether or not the ref is doing all they can to promote the league's adgenda.

I use to love playoff hockey with high hopes year after year, now I just kinda casually watch knowing the refs already been given their directive.
NHL officiating has taken away my innocent appreciation of expecting an honest outcome. I love the sport, I love the game itself and always will, but NHL officiating is so very very bad it sucks! Not only do teams have to overcome an opponent to win they have to also overcome an incompetent or completely agenda driven refs. The integrity of the league is to be questioned.

Reactions: JOKER 192

cat400

Jul 30, 2005
The NHL is the only pro league that has two sets of rules:

1. one for the regular season
2. one for the playoffs.

Patrice Bergeron was able to adapt to the new face off violation rules instituted in 2017 to where he won over 60% of his draws during the regular season: a season where there appeared to be fewer faceoff violations per game.

Now suddenly in the 2nd round of the playoffs, the Bruins centres appeared to be the main violators of what appears to be a new interpretation of the rule.

Reactions: Bruinaura and BMC

Pia8988

May 26, 2014
The bergeron thing happens every year. I remember i think babcock did it and bergeron started getting thrown out at a higher rate

Reactions: Bruinaura

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad