Management Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy fined $25K for criticizing officiating

Therick67

Apr 6, 2009
South of Boston
Still think Frederic would have added an element of getting Islanders to take bad penalties. At least he can provide something. I just can’t see why not at this point

Maybe. I don’t really recall him drawing many in the regular season...seemed like he took the penalties or they were matching..

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
Maybe. I don’t really recall him drawing many in the regular season...seemed like he took the penalties or they were matching..
Some players raise their game in the playoffs. You got to find those players. Right now 3/4 are all passengers. If everyone had the drive a Marchand that team would be a dynasty

Otherworld

Oct 26, 2016
The reality here is that the officials have been an intrcal part of deciding the outcome of the game and I am sick of it.

There is absolutely no defending these officials or this league. At this point the only way to the Islanders are in this game is because of the calls that have been made.

Really don't care if some don't agree, its just the God damn truth.

Watching this game just continues to remind me of the infinite amount of times we have been screwed by the officiating including stealing a Stanley Cup from us.

This league can go f*** itself..

And for that price Bruce should really let them have it!

JOKER 192

Blow it up
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
Montreal,Canada
It's so weird that during the regular season we see that most games are well officiated by quite a few refs who are not big names. The memorably bad games tend to be done by the usual suspects. The NHL says it chooses the absolute best refs, based on performance, to do the playoffs, and then promotes them round by round based on performance as well. What the hell is the criteria they are using to judge ref performance?

The ones that best follow their stupid directives

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Our 6'5" defensive defenseman being KTFO'd has a lot to do with the PK sucking.

This isn't necessarily a knock, but it's not a kudo, either: Branden is six five, but he now has a signficant concussion history that is concerning at best.

He's a very good shut down guy, but he's also no one's idea of major physical. Without Carlo and Miller, I fear they're cooked.

Even Billy Jaffe, hardly a mouth breather, agreed today that the Bruins simply aren't big enough, or physical enough, to stand up to clubs that bring this element at playoff time. We've seen it multiple times now.

If it's obvious to Jaffe, and obvious to me, I don't know why it hasn't been obvious to Don Sweeney and Cam Neely over the past SIX years.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
This isn't necessarily a knock, but it's not a kudo, either: Branden is six five, but he now has a signficant concussion history that is concerning at best.

He's a very good shut down guy, but he's also no one's idea of major physical. Without Carlo and Miller, I fear they're cooked.

Even Billy Jaffe, hardly a mouth breather, agreed today that the Bruins simply aren't big enough, or physical enough, to stand up to clubs that bring this element at playoff time. We've seen it multiple times now.

If it's obvious to Jaffe, and obvious to me, I don't know why it hasn't been obvious to Don Sweeney and Cam Neely over the past SIX years.
Let's clone the 2011 versions of Mantruck and Looch

Reactions: GordonHowe

JCRO

At least I'm safe inside my mind
Sponsor
Mar 8, 2011
How many coach fines have we seen over the last two playoffs? Serious question. I feel like this has been more and more common where you only saw it once in a blue moon prior.

The poor officiating is happening in other series as well. Not just here.

IMO this is a big roadblock in growing the game. They need to get their ducks in a row.

Reactions: GordonHowe

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
How many coach fines have we seen over the last two playoffs? Serious question. I feel like this has been more and more common where you only saw it once in a blue moon prior.

The poor officiating is happening in other series as well. Not just here.

IMO this is a big roadblock in growing the game. They need to get their ducks in a row.

But you know what, they likely won't bother. It's easier to be punitive, fine a coach or player, and do nothing.

Which is preciselywhat they done about the truly poor officiating in the NHL, which has become an embarrassing epidemic. Nor, of course, will they do anything about head shots or CTE. That would mean honestly addressing the issue, which would open the door to lawsuits. Which would mean loss of $$$.

League management and ownership are scoundrels.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
Boston Bruin head coach Bruce Cassidy has been fined $25,000 for publicly criticizing the officiating of his team’s second-round series against the New York Islanders, the league announced Tuesday.

I read about the fine before I saw what he said.

and once I saw what he said my reaction was a quote from Wayne's World. "Fined? For that? SH' YEAAAHH RIGHT!"

Reactions: Grimey

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Both just about the consensus picks of available players where they were taken.
Yeah but fair is fair. Looking back on that 2016 draft there are more than a few 1-13 teams that would gladly take Charlie, and a shit ton of 1-24 teams that would take Pasta.

I don't recall the rankings but the Bruins picked them both and they have both been huge winners. Redrafts of both classes would put them significantly higher than 14 and 25.

IMO if we give management shit for botching picks we have to give credit for getting them right -- regardless of whether they were consensus at the time or not.

Reactions: Mr. Make-Believe

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad