Former Bruins Jarred Tinordi

Mr. Make-Believe

The happy genius of my household
This only doesn’t make sense if Tinordi is terrible. If we truly could have easily done better and Tinordi is a net negative on the ice.

And that COULD be the case. He may be absolutely awful. I don’t know, I haven’t given him a second thought since his draft year (when I thought the Habs over-drafted him in the first round). I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him play. Not that I’ve ever taken notice.

However, I feel it’s likely that he’s actually a passable presence who could bring some nasty to a blueline that would welcome it. Every reason people are for the claim seems legit. I hope he’s good, that he adds some depth and that he sticks.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
This only doesn’t make sense if Tinordi is terrible. If we truly could have easily done better and Tinordi is a net negative on the ice.

And that COULD be the case. He may be absolutely awful. I don’t know, I haven’t given him a second thought since his draft year (when I thought the Habs over-drafted him in the first round). I’m not sure I’ve ever seen him play. Not that I’ve ever taken notice.

However, I feel it’s likely that he’s actually a passable presence who could bring some nasty to a blueline that would welcome it. Every reason people are for the claim seems legit. I hope he’s good, that he adds some depth and that he sticks.

I read The Athletic on it....basically they don't have anyone to be tough in front without 55 and 86 the coach said...he said 67 and 58 just aren't those kinds of players....moore or Gryz either...At some point I would expect the 3 LD to be Gryz, Zboril and Tinordi

SpitfireIX

Jun 11, 2007
Grenville, Qc.
I dont believe anyone who thinks this is a garbage move. Literally no risk move right now. Bargain bin Sweeney does it again.

Its not a garbage move, Tinordi is a garbage player. Yes your right there is no risk or huge loss. Tinordi is is awful though, makes Miller look like he should have his number retired. My thinking is the just want to light a fire under Uhro and Zboril. They have both played well all in all but have been pushed off the puck and knocked around a little to much for players their size and type.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
my not important enough comment was for his mouth. He’s done nothing in the league was my point. He’s not important enough to have a mouth like that IMO of course.

the time on ice was plenty of time for either situation. Have you never seen a guy make a beeline right at the other guy and take care of business? I mean it happens all the time. He could have taken care of whatever he wanted to but chose not to, which is fine I guess just shut up then.

none of the tough bruins showed sack last night and I said that. Ritchie and Wagner needed to be more physical and someone should have taken on Lindgren, preferably the guy trying to make a name for himself in the league IMO.

I kind of wonder if Quinn told his team not to engage in fights unless absolutely necessary, knowing Boston's sleeping bear tendencies. Marchand wanted to spark the team by going against Fox but got denied a fight and was left there to pick up his gloves. Frederic confronted Buchnevich after the hit on Marchand but he also had no interest.

I would have liked them to force the issue and just start wailing on someone but I don't think that's how the Bruins are coached how to play the game, since they put so much emphasis on playing the game " the right way ". That night, i felt the Bruins wanted to let it get to the point where using a fight or two would help lift the team but the Rangers weren't willing to give them that. Maybe today will be different. I will say this: a third straight game with a heavy collapse should put Cassidy in the hot seat. I'm not an alarmist by nature but another game where the team falls apart so easily has to send warning signs to management that something isn't working, even if the built in excuse of injuries is there.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
I’m not expecting much from Tinordi but I don’t see the downside here. After watching Moore the last two games, can he be worse than that? Maybe, but he’d really have to try hard to suck more than that.

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
I’m not expecting much from Tinordi but I don’t see the downside here. After watching Moore the last two games, can he be worse than that? Maybe, but he’d really have to try hard to suck more than that.

If (can we call him Tiny?) he can come in and play a Miller type roll until we get back to full health then then I have no issues with the claim.

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
It smells concern to me...Miller Gryz? Lauzon might be out long duration. One more injury to any of the other active D bruins are in a little trouble. I don't see Tinordi making regular appearances.

IMO you can't 100% blame the D for the horrible play last 2 games. This was on the team and mostly the forwards for giving up. I was extremely annoyed how s$%t 3 of 4 lines played last game.

Reactions: Over the volcano

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I saw Cassidy give an intense head shake when Moore just iced the puck where he had time. I think he may have seen enough. Too bad because Moore seems like a real decent guy and was useful his first year.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Might be worth a flyer but unfortunately the kid doesn’t have the brains for the league. Maybe he could make it work in a limited role when much more experience can help him. Will see. Not much to lose to try.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
It's a band aid move until Lauzon and Miller return, that's all.
It also tells me there is no one else in Providence that they have confidence in to play at the NHL level yet.
Hurry up Mason, we need you!

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I watched the Sabres game yesterday and boy are they bad.
Hall showed no interest in doing anything on the ice.
Skinner has totally lost his confidence was playing on the 4th line and did absolutely nothing.
Their two best players were Okposo and Montour.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
I watched the Sabres game yesterday and boy are they bad.
Hall showed no interest in doing anything on the ice.
Skinner has totally lost his confidence was playing on the 4th line and did absolutely nothing.
Their two best players were Okposo and Montour.
That’s good because if anyone had illusions of the Bruins cruising to an easy division win , forget it . Just make the playoffs and playing Buffalo 8 times will help .

Reactions: aguineapig

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
As Bruins add Jarred Tinordi to blue line, Bruce Cassidy looks for more help from within - The Boston Globe

Armed with whiteboard, video clips, rubber bands, Gorilla Glue, and a Staples warehouse worth of paper clips, Bruce Cassidy and his fellow coaches tried to piece together the Bruins’ confidence during a workout Saturday afternoon outside of Manhattan.
As for more tangible roster fixes, such as adding capable bodies to a talent-challenged back line, well, as a stupefied Martin Brody famously muttered after coming face-to-face with the behemoth white shark in “Jaws”: “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
To that end, the Bruins late Saturday morning claimed 6-foot-6-inch Jarred Tinordi, a left-shooting defenseman, off waivers from Nashville. A former first-round pick of the Canadiens, Tinordi, 29, will not be available for Sunday’s noon matinee (NBC, 98.5) remix with the Rangers at Madison Square Garden.

“He’s a bigger, stay-at-home guy,” said Cassidy. “So there’s a big body that could complement [Charlie] McAvoy, if that’s the way we go against top lines. [Jeremy] Lauzon did that job. [Zdeno Chara] did that job. Obviously, those three guys are not exactly the same, but they’re bigger bodies that can be shutdown guys.

“I’m not saying that he’s going to go in the first pair, because we haven’t seen him yet, but he is that type of defender who could find a lot of usage in our back end right now because we lack that.”

Reactions: Gordoff

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
As Bruins add Jarred Tinordi to blue line, Bruce Cassidy looks for more help from within - The Boston Globe

Armed with whiteboard, video clips, rubber bands, Gorilla Glue, and a Staples warehouse worth of paper clips, Bruce Cassidy and his fellow coaches tried to piece together the Bruins’ confidence during a workout Saturday afternoon outside of Manhattan.
As for more tangible roster fixes, such as adding capable bodies to a talent-challenged back line, well, as a stupefied Martin Brody famously muttered after coming face-to-face with the behemoth white shark in “Jaws”: “You’re gonna need a bigger boat.”
To that end, the Bruins late Saturday morning claimed 6-foot-6-inch Jarred Tinordi, a left-shooting defenseman, off waivers from Nashville. A former first-round pick of the Canadiens, Tinordi, 29, will not be available for Sunday’s noon matinee (NBC, 98.5) remix with the Rangers at Madison Square Garden.

“He’s a bigger, stay-at-home guy,” said Cassidy. “So there’s a big body that could complement [Charlie] McAvoy, if that’s the way we go against top lines. [Jeremy] Lauzon did that job. [Zdeno Chara] did that job. Obviously, those three guys are not exactly the same, but they’re bigger bodies that can be shutdown guys.

“I’m not saying that he’s going to go in the first pair, because we haven’t seen him yet, but he is that type of defender who could find a lot of usage in our back end right now because we lack that.”
If Tinordi comes in and plays on the 1st pair then Don Sweeney is GM of the year .

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
if Jarred Tinordi all of a sudden turns into his father, Sweeney deserves manager of the decade. lol

Realistically. He's a big body who plays mean, can handle himself and doesn't back down , that in itself will be a breath of fresh air.

Durnberg

Feb 2, 2007
So hets get Tinordi for toughness....Yet we already have Ritchie....Maybe someone should just ask Ritchie to stand up for his team mates....Seems to me that should be done. If we have a guy that just went toe to toe with Tinordi,,,why do we need Tinordi.???....

We need Ritchie on the ice

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Is there any downside? If he sucks he can go back on waivers or chill on the taxi squad. Lauzon and Gryz will be back eventually. See how he does, hopefully he plays well and can stick. Could use another big, physical body on the back end.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Its not a garbage move, Tinordi is a garbage player. Yes your right there is no risk or huge loss. Tinordi is is awful though, makes Miller look like he should have his number retired. My thinking is the just want to light a fire under Uhro and Zboril. They have both played well all in all but have been pushed off the puck and knocked around a little to much for players their size and type.
if they wanted to light a fire for $700,000 I was and still am available:laugh:

I don`t have huge issues with this move, Tinordi is not and will not be the answer on the back end, the move is simple, the B`s are hurt on the back end (I think Miller is more serious than they are letting on), they have little to no bite and in spite of the fact Tinordi isn`t that good at hockey, they don`t want their goalie and some other teammates getting the ice wiped with their asses on it and Tinordi has been brought in. When he plays, it`ll be insulated minutes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad