GDT: Bruins - Canes Monday 8 April at 7pm NHLN-US & 98.5 Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Watched the game, tried to go 7 games with no Bruins but....tell ya, was questioning my decision that first 10 mins. Sloppy D coverage and Tuukka had to make too many quality stops against a weak team but....Brick stated emphatically and more than once, the mission of the coaching staff was/has been to get some offence and regardless if the goaltening for the Canes is horrific, a six spot is a six spot and even a fluky goal can pull a guy out of a slump.

The lines were very interesting and I`ll be honest, way more effective than I imagined they would be. Ference was an absolute beast

Well, the next two I`m unavailable to watch due to other committments. I have absolutely no concerns about this team in regards to the amount of shots, we have seen it before, they get loose for a few games, then reel it in

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
Please explain your thoughs...

Well, I do think Johnson (would be my first choice) played solid thus far for the Bruins, but I don't know whether he can be the #5 guy next to a rookie.
Dougie has had a great rookie season, but I don't know what to expect in the playoffs.
We need Chara to shut down the enemies top-line which he is best at when paired with Seidenberg. I don't even want Boychuk next to Z.
Don't want Hamilton out against the top players yet.

Maybe he can handle it and I'm just too concerned.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
Well, I do think Johnson (would be my first choice) played solid thus far for the Bruins, but I don't know whether he can be the #5 guy next to a rookie.
Dougie has had a great rookie season, but I don't know what to expect in the playoffs.
We need Chara to shut down the enemies top-line which he is best at when paired with Seidenberg. I don't even want Boychuk next to Z.
Don't want Hamilton out against the top players yet.

Maybe he can handle it and I'm just too concerned.

I think you have good points. I agree that Z needs to be with Seids but that leaves the bottom 4 in question especially what to do with Dougie. Not sure what Redden has in him but he May be the better choice for Dougie. Ference/Boychuk scares me but Ference/Hamilton does too.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I think you have good points. I agree that Z needs to be with Seids but that leaves the bottom 4 in question especially what to do with Dougie. Not sure what Redden has in him but he May be the better choice for Dougie. Ference/Boychuk scares me but Ference/Hamilton does too.

Yes, I'd like to see what Redden can bring to the table.
He could be said #5-D next to Dougie.

Ference/Boychuk got it done when it mattered. Of course, it's not 2011 anymore and there will be no Thomas to bail 'em out. And Ference did suck so far even though he improved over the last couple of games.
I wouldn't be entirely comfortable with that second pair but it would be my first choice since Chara-Seids is a must-do imo.

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario
I'll take the win. The majority here will find fault no matter what the Bruins do. I agree they didn't play their best but 6 goals is good even if against a crappy goalie(s) - how many times have people complained that we couldn't beat a crappy goalie so I guess something must have been better last night. I'm enjoying the first six pack I've seen in a long time.

I have faith in CJ and the team and especially Tuukka and I think that they get rolling at the right time which is what really matters.

Will

Feb 29, 2008
I was stuck in the ER from 530-9, so I missed the first two periods and about 5 minutes of the third. I got to see the slight breakdown in the third with the 2 goals in a minute, but they bounced back from that in no time.

Braunbaer

May 21, 2012
I was stuck in the ER from 530-9, so I missed the first two periods and about 5 minutes of the third. I got to see the slight breakdown in the third with the 2 goals in a minute, but they bounced back from that in no time.

Yes, because we got yet another timely save by Rask right after.

8spokesontheB

Cry Havoc!
Dec 24, 2008

Ha!

If your experience was anything like my past ones, you sat there in the waiting room from 5:30 until 8:45, saw the doc, and headed for CVS.

The Bruins looked good last night, I think in no small part to Clode's decent line figures. Jagr and Marchand, whodathunkit?:p:

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I'd say cursed, majority here have stated same concerns as u have. Happy with the offense and concern about the shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad