Post-Game Talk: Bruins break losing streak to habs

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011
Who would you have hired instead of Therrien?

I can dig up my old post of mine saying ,before any coach were being considered or Gm's.

I said Habs should hire

Roy coach
Carbo as asst
Robinson as asst and d coach

At that time ,it was all possible.

One thing certian,this same team would not be on pace to score Under 200 goals....heck Roy got habs cast away Andrei Benoit playing 20 mins a game.23 pts...and they just past the Blackhawks

Habs talant is being misused....

Like running a 6 speed race car in fouth gear all race.....

Last edited:

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
8 regular wins in the last 36 games
Worst, 3 of them came the same week Price was named 1st star of the week in the NHL.

In those last 36 games, the Habs scored 2 goals or less in 21 of those games.

Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Markov, Subban, Beaulieu, Briere, Desharnais, Eller and we don't have what it takes to build offensive?

And now we had Vanek to that group.....3 games with 2 goals or less in a row???

The set-up is wrong (DD=All the Offense Plek=All the Defense)
The line-up is wrong (Galchy and Vanek playing off-position)
The system is wrong (Grinding for offensive talents)

Unless we erase the board and re-start with a fresh start...nothing will change.
Price can save our ass, but that's about it.

And by erasing the board, i mean erasing the Pac-DD / Plek - Gio duo....i think it's time for a change!

Waiting for Monctonscout's reply to this.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
If I may throw in my two cents...

If Montreal scores on even ONE of those breakaways they had on Rask; the whole complexion of the game changes. Sometimes the puck bounces your way; and sometimes it don't... It's really as simple as that.

There isn't a Bruins fan I know that would feel confident playing Montreal in the playoffs. Including me.

The Canadiens will be in the playoffs and won't go away quietly. They almost never do. They're in a funk, and will snap out of it.

Halifaxhab*

If Montreal scores on even ONE of those breakaways they had on Rask; the whole complexion of the game changes. Sometimes the puck bounces your way; and sometimes it don't... It's really as simple as that.

There isn't a Bruins fan I know that would feel confident playing Montreal in the playoffs. Including me.

The Canadiens will be in the playoffs and won't go away quietly. They almost never do. They're in a funk, and will snap out of it.

While I agree with this to a point. Les Boys played with ZERO heart in the 2nd and it sunk them.

Instead of Playing FrankieBoo, get Pateryn in for a callup, see what he can do against the Bruins/Flyers. He's a RHD and tearing up the AHL right now. Put him on the 3rd pairing. We also have a kid named Beaulieu whose callup could add a better dman for PP time than little Frankie.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
A whole lot of bad tonight. A good first turned into an ugly second and third. This is starting to remind me of the swoon near the end of last season. The team is not good enough. We will go nowhere until we get better depth on D and a true number one centre. Deharnais and Plekanec are not the answer. Add to the mix a coach who does not seem to make the necessary adjustments.

The reason Habs have swoons at end of season is because they are way too ****ing old. Not too small. Too old in too many key positions.

99th post on this, and no one ever talks about it. :shakehead

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

Like when we went into a 10 game funk at the end of last year and then wilted like delicate flowers in the desert ? ( to be honest the bruins did the same but turned it around in the playoffs).

I dont see anyone being afraid of playing the habs. Too small, too soft, cant score ES, and we need world class goaltending every night.

We might be a team that is designed to do better than average in the regular season, how anyone thinks that we are a team built for the playoffs is beyond me.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
The reason Habs have swoons at end of season is because they are way too ****ing old. Not too small. Too old in too many key positions.

we can be both, but how anyone can look at our top 6 and say we are not too small means you have one of those circus mirrors.

Habaneros

Habs Cup champs 2010
Oct 31, 2011

Funk? No.

5 on 5 scoring near dead last in Nhl says differently.

On pace to score under 200 goals in 82 games,is no funk......

8 regulation wins in last 36 is no funk....

What it is point blank,is Price masking a BROKEN system....Name me the last team to win a cup scoring under 200 goals in a season.

The Habs talent is a 6 speed...the coach drives it in 4th gear .....

Last edited:

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
I wonder what Therrien said in the room during the first intermission?

The team was flying in the first. They didn't convert their chances, but they dominated the Bruins during the first 20 minutes. Galchenyuk looked like a man on a mission, carrying Briere and rejuvenating Eller. That was the best period he's played in a long time.

So what the **** did Therrien say that completely killed their momentum? Did he say they werent playing enough defense? Did he ***** about the "lack of execution"?

In his post game presser, he said it wasn't a "lack of effort" but rather a "lack of execution". Well yeah, Gio should've hit the empty net and Vanek could've shot more, but they had no ****ing emotion after that first.

We all knew the game was over after the Bruins scored that first goal. This team has no leadership, no emotion, no passion. Combine that with this moron of a coach and it doesn't look too good.

And lol @ Bouillon's ice time.

Halifaxhab*

I agree with this too, but the size of these older players plays into it as well. Gionta, old AND small, just looks tired all the time. A kid like Gallagher is still very effective, same size and style (from Gio's early days) but not Gio.

depth dmen are long in the tooth, and how effective can Markov be come playoffs when he's playing 27mins a night, while a younster like Subban plays less?

And at what point do we say, "screw it" and let Galchenyuk play 18mins a night as a centre in an offensive role with players like Vanek and Gallagher/Briere?

Briere will look the best at the end of the season out of the Greybeard squad as the poor bugger sees maybe 10-12 mins a night on a GOOD night. (and to be clear....I've ALWAYS hated Briere and his leg drop fist swing cele)

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
While I agree with this to a point. Les Boys played with ZERO heart in the 2nd and it sunk them.

Maybe they were discouraged at the missed chances in the first. Like the rest of us mere mortals, it's hard to stay positive sometimes.

I agree that they could have had a little more fire in the 2nd and 3rd periods. As you can probably guess, I don't follow the Canadiens very closely at all; but I think that the game on he 24th will be a far better indicator of how these two match up. Will the Bruins be overconfident? Will Montreal bounce back? I know Montreal just came off a putrid road trip, but a couple of days to get their hads right before facing Ottawa will be just what the doctor ordered. I wouldn't want to be the Senators on Saturday. If I were playing for the Habs on Saturday, I'd want to tear somebody's head off (figuratively, of course).

rfournier103

Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
Funk? No.

What it is point blank,is Price masking a BROKEN system....Name me the last team to win a cup scoring under 200 goals in a season.

I was actually trying to look on the bright side (I can't believe I said that). I probably don't see it because Boston is almost always the cure for whatever ails the Habs. Your points are noted, and I wish you the best of luck going forward. See you on the 24th.

Halifaxhab*

Maybe they were discouraged at the missed chances in the first. Like the rest of us mere mortals, it's hard to stay positive sometimes.

I agree that they could have had a little more fire in the 2nd and 3rd periods. As you can probably guess, I don't follow the Canadiens very closely at all; but I think that the game on he 24th will be a far better indicator of how these two match up. Will the Bruins be overconfident? Will Montreal bounce back? I know Montreal just came off a putrid road trip, but a couple of days to get their hads right before facing Ottawa will be just what the doctor ordered. I wouldn't want to be the Senators on Saturday. If I were playing for the Habs on Saturday, I'd want to tear somebody's head off (figuratively, of course).

They could have been discouraged, but they were playing more on their heels so to me (and this is just an opinion) it looked like a coaching adjustment.

As for the weekend, the Senaturds will come at us hard, as usual. But if Budaj plays the Habs better be ready for 1-2 iffy goals. The guy is a good backup....but isn't able to pick a team up and carry it like Price does.

But come playoff time, if any Bruin fans think that MTL is an easy out they would be very delusional (as you've already mentioned)

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
8 regular wins in the last 36 games
Worst, 3 of them came the same week Price was named 1st star of the week in the NHL.

In those last 36 games, the Habs scored 2 goals or less in 21 of those games.

Pacioretty, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Plekanec, Markov, Subban, Beaulieu, Briere, Desharnais, Eller and we don't have what it takes to build offensive?

And now we had Vanek to that group.....3 games with 2 goals or less in a row???

The set-up is wrong (DD=All the Offense Plek=All the Defense)
The line-up is wrong (Galchy and Vanek playing off-position)
The system is wrong (Grinding for offensive talents)

Unless we erase the board and re-start with a fresh start...nothing will change.
Price can save our ass, but that's about it.

And by erasing the board, i mean erasing the Pac-DD / Plek - Gio duo....i think it's time for a change!

Is that for real? The Habs really have only 8 regulation wins in their last 36 games?

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011

Are you available ? I'm serious.

I understand that teams go through dry stretches, but that's not the habs, its been all year.

Someone else mentioned this in the GDT thread. Does it bother anyone that with 15 games or so left, we still don't have ANY defined lines up front or on D ? The success of the EGG line seems like a long ago dream and I know that adding a kingpin like Vanek might shake things up a bit, but this is unreal. Its like before the game Therrien goes into his office and pulls names out of a hat. This might not be the absolute worst way to do things but he does it before every freaking game.

I know that Cube was well rested from all of the times he spent in the presbox, but how can a guy go from a perpetual scratch to most TOI?

I also think that this constant juggling is the underlying problem with PK's play, he's had more partners than lindsey lohan. If he never gets into a grove ( aside from on the pp with markov) his only choice it to rely on his own skills which means he ends up trying to do it alone way to much.

There is so much disfunction that its even hard to know why way to go to get out of it.

dreamingofdrouin*

The 1st game back after a west coast trip is always a struggle,Rask is now 3-10-2 lifetime vs Montreal,if the Canadiens don't make the playoffs or are gone like last year in the 1st round,Therrien will be fired and probably replace with Guy Boucher......Tuesday night should be very interesting and electric Patrick Roy passed over as coach back in Montreal on march 18th.

still hurts....but maybe someday.

The Real Guy Lafleur

May 5, 2010
Thurso
I'm french and I say this "must speak french" coach has to stop now.

Our best options don't speak french and for our team to succeed we need to go with the best options. Therrien is hurting us by his lack of knowledge.

Bergevin needs to have some balls and act on this a.s.a.p.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Funk? No.

This is a very succinct post. Especially like the 6 speed car analogy.

Halifaxhab*

I'm french and I say this "must speak french" coach has to stop now.

Our best options don't speak french and for our team to succeed we need to go with the best options. Therrien is hurting us by his lack of knowledge.

Bergevin needs to have some balls and act on this a.s.a.p.

Agreed! We know Molson can afford to hire a fooken interpreter. And the best troll move on that would be to have the interpreter sponsored by Sun Media. Why? because eff you PK Peladeau, that's why.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Therrien was last seen kicking a garbage bin down St. Catherines screaming at P.K. who was nowhere in sight.

Just to add a serious point. Why can't the assistant coach speak french and translate? Is there only 1 chair available for press conferences or maybe they're too cheap to buy another podium to place beside the other one?

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
I never said the game was lost because of missing on 3 breakaways. That was one of many reasons. All of them the responsibility of the players. Not the coach.

Well if you want to take it this level, nothing is won or lost with the coach since he's not the one on the ice. Literally a monkey could be a coach and he wouldn't be at fault if the team loses since the players are the ones not converting chances/missing D coverage, etc.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Therrien was last seen kicking a garbage bin down St. Catherines screaming at P.K. who was nowhere in sight.

Just to add a serious point. Why can't the assistant coach speak french and translate? Is there only 1 chair available for press conferences or maybe they're too cheap to buy another podium to place beside the other one?

If they are going to get a translator, its better that they get someone who has nothing to do with coaching. But everyone knows, a translator (any translator) is pretty much a non-starter.

on the off chance that they do go with a non francophone coach, they need to get someone with experience ( unlike cunnyworth) who can take the heat and laugh it off, but again that's pretty much a non-starter as well.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
I really wish the Nordiques would come back, if only to give the 'this team must have a Francophone coach!' crowd another team to go cheer for...

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
If they are going to get a translator, its better that they get someone who has nothing to do with coaching. But everyone knows, a translator (any translator) is pretty much a non-starter.

on the off chance that they do go with a non francophone coach, they need to get someone with experience ( unlike cunnyworth) who can take the heat and laugh it off, but again that's pretty much a non-starter as well.

I feel like if we can poach Waite from Chicago we should be able to take Quenneville as well. Who cares about hurt feelings, get this guy.

Bergevin could sell him on some bit about being a trailblazer for the team to bring them back into dominance when it didn't matter what language the head coach spoke, only winning and blah blah blah.

HABS win CUPS*

we are getting ****ed over hard by the olympics injuries unfortunately :cry:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad