Post-Game Talk: Bruins break losing streak to habs

Canadiens Ghost

Mr. Objectivity
Dec 14, 2011
Smurfland
Biggest LOL for me:

Boullion leads both teams for TOI. What an absolute travesty.

Couldn't watch the game but I didn't believe it when I read this. I thought it was another exaggeration from one of our bipolar fans. So I decided to take a look at the stats nonetheless... :facepalm::silly::baghead::loony::dunno::dunce::huh::scared::help::help::help:

Gawd dammit! Seriously! What the flying **** is wrong with Therrien?

The Right Price

May 9, 2010
Pacioretty-Desharnais-Vanek
Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher
Moen-Briere-Gionta
Prust-Eller-Weise

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Emelin
Beaulieu-Weaver

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Paccioretty-Desharnais-Bournival
Vanek-Galchenyuk-Gallagher
Briere-Pleks-Gionta
Prust-Eller-Weise

Tinordi-Subban
Markov-Weaver(Gorges)
Emelin-Murray (Beaulieu/Weaver)

Le Tricolore

Boo! BOOOO!
Aug 3, 2005
Montreal
Playing Bouillon is not the reason the team lost. Budaj let in three stinkers, and Rask stopped Montreal on the breakaway three times...

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The Habs get three clean breakaways and are easily stonewalled: conclusion Therrien is an idiot.

20 feet from the crease Gionta has 3/4s of an empty net and Rask watching for giant rainbow colored flies at the other end. Does he even hit the net? No, he misses by a few yards. Conclusion: Therrien is an idiot.

Bouillon plays 23 minutes and doesn't allow a goal while on the ice during a game were the Bruins score 4. Conclusion: Therrien is an even bigger ***ing idiot.

Most of the Habs couldn't make a half decent pass if they were skating only a couple of feet from each other -and I'm looking at you Patches - Conclusion: Therrien is a moron.

Budaj last night showed why he can't be trusted as a starting goalie: Conclusion: Therrien is a Pejorative Slur.

Patches and the rest of the forwards not named Gallagher play ring-around-the-goalie 60 ft away from the crease and the Conclusion? Therrien is (pick your insult)

You guys see a pattern here?

Last edited:

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
I'm in Argentina so thankfully I missed this. No surprise, without Price, this team is awful. Unfortunately this is the painful medicine we need to get rid of Therrien. But keep making excuses for him - no, this team isn't winning the cup without him, but when every single player regresses from misuse, scapegoating the players is missing the forest from the trees. The usage from yesterday is just incredible.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
The game wasn't lost because of 3 missed breakaways, stop writing this stupid ****. The game was lost because defensive coverage was crooked, the offensive was mostly inept aside from these breakaways (stopped by Boston to their credit) and Budaj let in a bunch of weak goals.

That is all.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
I'm in Argentina so thankfully I missed this. No surprise, without Price, this team is awful. Unfortunately this is the painful medicine we need to get rid of Therrien. But keep making excuses for him - no, this team isn't winning the cup without him, but when every single player regresses from misuse, scapegoating the players is missing the forest from the trees. The usage from yesterday is just incredible.

You missed the game yet you still want to comment. Interesting. The Habs not scoring on three breakaways tells me that Therrien's game plan was more than adequate and the players didn't regress because of him.

Gionta standing at most 20 feet from the crease & missing not by inches, not by feet but by quite a few yards a net without a goalie is not Therrien misusing his players.

The Bruins were ready to be had last night and the coaching staff's game plan was there to take them. The players didn't show up after the first period.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
The game wasn't lost because of 3 missed breakaways, stop writing this stupid ****. The game was lost because defensive coverage was crooked, the offensive was mostly inept aside from these breakaways (stopped by Boston to their credit) and Budaj let in a bunch of weak goals.

That is all.

I never said the game was lost because of missing on 3 breakaways. That was one of many reasons. All of them the responsibility of the players. Not the coach.

hockeyfan2k11

Jun 11, 2011
The Habs get three clean breakaways and are easily stonewalled: conclusion Therrien is an idiot.

20 feet from the crease Gionta has 3/4s of an empty net and Rask watching for giant rainbow colored flies at the other end. Does he even hit the net? No, he misses by a few yards. Conclusion: Therrien is an idiot.

Bouillon plays 23 minutes and doesn't allow a goal while on the ice during a game were the Bruins score 4. Conclusion: Therrien is an even bigger ***ing idiot.

Most of the Habs couldn't make a half decent pass if they were skating only a couple of feet from each other -and I'm looking at you Patches - Conclusion: Therrien is a moron.

Budaj last night showed why he can't be trusted as a starting goalie: Conclusion: Therrien is a Pejorative Slur.

Patches and the rest of the forwards not named Gallagher play ring-around-the-goalie 60 ft away from the crease and the Conclusion? Therrien is (pick your insult)

How will you manage when therrien gets canned?

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

Half of your arguments just point out mistakes by Therrien's usage, systems and lines :laugh:

Budaj
Passing not working
and Gionta has been missing net all season yet still in a top 6 role

Therrien does get too much flak but he gets outcoached bad some nights.. He often tries to make these weird decisions that 1 time out of 6 makes him look brilliant and he gets praised for it by RDS but they don't mention all the times that they backfire

Scriptor

Jan 1, 2014
Considering the Habs got three breakaways from BOS errors and couldn't score, coupled with Gionta missing by ten feet an open net shot when the game was still well within reach should lay some blame on the players.

Not to mention that the two first goals came after a D tripped himself up and Gionat lacked the energy to skate an extra stride or two….

But, I forgot, Therrien is a moron and that's always why we lose. ;)

I agree Therrien should've adapted his lines more quickly but, reducing the game analysis to simple conclusions doesn't show how bright some posters might otherwise be….

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
I never said the game was lost because of missing on 3 breakaways. That was one of many reasons. All of them the responsibility of the players. Not the coach.

The players are prepared by the coaching staff. The coaching staff prepares the game plan. In this game the players didn't look coherent enough on the ice for me to just single out 1 error or a group of them. There are errors in every game anyway, it doesn't mean they'll lose every single one of them.

The problems in this game were caused by a lack of preparation and the obvious problem Therrien has with playing Vanek imho. It really has nothing to do with the players making errors, or letting a few bad goals in, or missing a few opportunities. This team can win even with those. If they can pull huge come backs, I have no doubts that they could have win this game with a better game plan.

There ain't no such thing as excuses according to Therrien anyway, so he should know it before anyone else.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
Half of your arguments just point out mistakes by Therrien's usage, systems and lines :laugh:

Budaj Who did you want him to play? Tokarski? Dubynk?
Passing not workingReally?
and Gionta has been missing net all season yet still in a top 6 roleI never wanted Gionta here. I thought the signing was another Gainey bonehead move. But Therrien uses him more as a shut down forward than as a scoring one.

Your post is a perfect example of the irrational hatred for Therrien. And I am someone who didn't want Therrien here.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Playing Bouillon is not the reason the team lost. Budaj let in three stinkers, and Rask stopped Montreal on the breakaway three times...

Don't bring facts into a Therrfien hatefest...it's obviously his fault guys can't score on breakaways and Budaj isn't stopping anything...

:sarcasm:

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal
If if if if...

..Boston hit three posts and Budaj made a lucky save with the shaft of his stick.

LePoche69

Jul 15, 2004
Montreal

I'm certainly not in love with Therrien. I don't like all of his decisions. But you get a point here. He's not the reason the team has problems right now. In fact, I think this team is right where it should be in the standing: fighting for a playoffs spot.

Overall, I think Therrien is doing an ok job with the players he has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad