GDT: Bruins at Caps April 27, 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

BklyNBruiN

May 7, 2009
www.amishrakefight.org
I can't remember a Bruins team in my lifetime that lost in such disheartening, painful fashion as incredibly often as these guys have

How many times can a team collapse like this in the final 30 minutes?

How many times can a team kick it's fans in the nuts?

This season has been like a stress test, gone out of control

Danial, very well said bud. That is exactly how this team makes me feel. Its just painful to lose games in this fashion. As you said watching this team collapse over and over in the final 30 minutes or so in games. It is really painful to lose like that.

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Once again... Rask is the very least of our problem. Playing a FULL 60 min is...

Agree, although the second goal Rask has to have. Clear view and out of position. But your point stands....this team needs to play harder. But the real problem is that this team is simply incapable of scoring more than 2 goals in a game.

I cannot see us winning a playoff round unless a major change occurs.

TCL40

Jun 29, 2011
I'm not blaming the refs, I know the B's let another one go....I am just pointing out that the officiating was SO poor in this game that it was worse than the lack of killer instinct shown by the B's.

What was frustrating was more in what they let go-I do not understand why refs call the weak penalties on the bruins but then they rarely call the weak ones when they are in the Bruins favor.

jasonbaz77*

remember the days when you had to practically kill a guy to get a powerplay in OT!!

or actually commit a penalty to get one. Now they give out PP's in the last 2 minutes and OT like tic tacs. 95% of the time on phantom calls.

This is the most scrub feces infested officiating in the history of the league.

Scotto74

taking a break
Oct 7, 2005
Kingston, MA
I'm kind of bipolar right now.

On one hand, I want to blame the refs. The three penalties that led to Washington's goals tonight *were* pretty atrocious. The Chara one was flat out inexcusable.

On the other, the way they played in the third period makes me want to blame this team. They're so listless, if they even cared or tried to put together a reasonable strategy on the PP at the end, they'd have found a way. And if Kelly doesn't overskate tha tpuck, who knows how it goes.

Can it be both of their faults? If the reffing fell our way, we still win despite terrible play. If they play with some guts in the third period, we still win despite the officiating.

pretty much how I am feeling. It took both the Refs and the Buins to blow this one. Were the B's playing good at the end of the game nope but if the ref's didn't call those weak calls the B's could of held on to win. Just watched the call on Chara about 4 more times. It was not and will never be a hook.

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
So you are saying that him diving forward and spitting a rebound out in the slot is the correct play?

I already directed blame on the penalty killing and officiating, but our play could have been better all around.

It's a long pass through the box for a one-timer from the dot. Be pleased that he stopped the original shot. A guy who knocks it in from the doorstep is on the PK:ers, or possibly even nobody's "fault" since it's a working PP that flat out outplayed our box. At least that's how I see it.

Daniel Plainview

Jan 8, 2012
Dracut MA
And this blaming the refs again

The same refs who gave us a Power play for the last 1:40 of regulation? Yeah don't blame the horrible Bruins power play for failing for the 800th time. Blame the refs for what happened AFTER we should have won the game in regulation

You excuse makers are getting really tiresome

bolt thrower

No war!
Aug 26, 2006
I wouldn't mind to catch for once a game the Bruins win.Thet last 2 months have been atrocious for me, being able to watch only 2 games where the Bruins managed to win:(

Bruwinz37

Feb 27, 2002
Our team took five penalties and the overall excuses are refs and our PP.

Think it's a bit more than that guys...

Its way more than that and it has been for weeks. But I still feel the need to tell you that you are wrong on the Chara call. No penalty, no way.

Whiskey Sam

Puck Monkey
Oct 22, 2008
The Old Dominion
I'm kind of bipolar right now.

On one hand, I want to blame the refs. The three penalties that led to Washington's goals tonight *were* pretty atrocious. The Chara one was flat out inexcusable.

On the other, the way they played in the third period makes me want to blame this team. They're so listless, if they even cared or tried to put together a reasonable strategy on the PP at the end, they'd have found a way. And if Kelly doesn't overskate tha tpuck, who knows how it goes.

Can it be both of their faults? If the reffing fell our way, we still win despite terrible play. If they play with some guts in the third period, we still win despite the officiating.

Yep, that's the sum of it. Could have overcome the **** officiating, shouldn't have needed to.

Mione134

Queen in the North
Sponsor
Mar 30, 2010
Hogwarts-617
When you sit back on a lead. This is what happens. Clode has been doing this since coming here.

The pp problem is not the players. Even WITH Jagr we still look bad. Time to open your eyes to what I've been saying on here for years. Its the coach. It has to be fixed. This is ridiculous. Enough is enough. Even when we're dead last in pp opportunities, we should be able to score one.

njbruin*

Nov 17, 2007
If I'm coaching the Bruins PP, which I'm probably more qualified than Geoff Ward. I never ever ever put Chara on the ice on a 4 on 3 . They force feed the entire PP through him instead of using the open space.

Latrappe

If Cam allow it
Nov 3, 2006
Agree, although the second goal Rask has to have. Clear view and out of position. But your point stands....this team needs to play harder. But the real problem is that this team is simply incapable of scoring more than 2 goals in a game.

I cannot see us winning a playoff round unless a major change occurs.

In full agreement with you but i wonder what will be Chiarelli's response to this. He's a very conservative guy. It will be against " his nature" to make MAJORS change. A very interesting off-season is awaiting us.

Bruins 54

Nov 20, 2010
Like usual we stop skating in the 3 rd trying to play defensive and hold the lead resulting in penalties ... and having no PP lost it for us ...

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Thankfully PPs are harder to come by in the playoffs. Washington and Montreal will have a lot harder of a time without it.

Glove Malfunction

Ference is my binky
Jan 1, 2009
Pleasantly warm, AZ
Are you serious?!! Blaming the Refs?! Wow

Yeah, when they make a BS call like that? you're daned right I'm blaming them. I'm sick and tired of watching teams get calls that the Bruins don't and us getting penalized for Chara's "hook" or something else similar, that's not a penalty, and at the other end of the ice watch the other team get away with far more egregious and obvious penalties.

Or maybe I should take a page out your book and blame Julien for absolutely everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad