News Article: Bruins and Celtics Require Proof Of Full Vaccination Or Negative Covid Test For Fans 12+

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Mine's about to rip in half from being folded in my wallet. Seems like they could've thought of a better way than an oddly sized, easily losable card.

It's surprising they haven't created a more permanent solution. Expecting those pieces of paper to survive years isn't going to work.

Good move by the Bruins and Celtics and really should not impact attendance either.

Reactions: UConn126

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Devine Rink
You can still provide a negative test result and attend, so I’m not sure I follow your point? If you want to attend that’s the deal. If you refuse to do either then you stay home. Doesn’t seem unreasonable at all.
So I have to provide a negative test result every time I go to a game? That's going to be a giant pain in the ass. For example, right now every CVS close to me is fully booked for testing until Monday. Mr. Jacobs won't be getting any of my money this season.

Reactions: LSCII

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
So I have to provide a negative test result every time I go to a game? That's going to be a giant pain in the ass. For example, right now every CVS close to me is fully booked for testing until Monday. Mr. Jacobs won't be getting any of my money this season.
It just requires more planning.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Went to the Eagles concert and they checked that you had a piece of paper or a picture of one,and masks were also required,but as soon as people were in,every blessed mask came off,thank God.
That's the part I don't get. It's what, not transmissible when sitting down, but it is transmissible when walking around on the concourse or to your seat? It makes zero sense to me. I also trust vaccinated folks less than unvaccinated when it comes to continuing to wash and sanitize their hands and common areas. Too many think they no longer have to, I've felt all along that's b.s. and you can still transmit it/carry it and give it to others even if you are vaccinated.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
That's the part I don't get. It's what, not transmissible when sitting down, but it is transmissible when walking around on the concourse or to your seat? It makes zero sense to me. I also trust vaccinated folks less than unvaccinated when it comes to continuing to wash and sanitize their hands and common areas. Too many think they no longer have to, I've felt all along that's b.s. and you can still transmit it/carry it and give it to others even if you are vaccinated.

I don't think the mask mandate in the city of Boston works that way. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to wear a mask while indoors regardless, and the people who took them off were actually incorrect. But maybe someone that's paid more attention to it or attended a show can clarify?

As for the rest, I'm going to just not bother responding since it will open a can of worms for the mods.

Reactions: lopey and Ladyfan

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
Reactions: Oates2Neely and NMF

HockeyMomx2

Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
I don't think the mask mandate in the city of Boston works that way. I'm pretty sure you're supposed to wear a mask while indoors regardless, and the people who took them off were actually incorrect. But maybe someone that's paid more attention to it or attended a show can clarify?

As for the rest, I'm going to just not bother responding since it will open a can of worms for the mods.
Our rules here in OR are stricter than there, (I think we have the strictest in the country actually) but even here once you're in a venue for a concert, etc. and sitting in your seats you can take them off. As for the other, I'm just going by what I'm seeing by those around me. Those vaccinated just aren't doing the sanitizing thing (I am) either themselves or common areas they've touched. Those I know not vaccinated aren't vaccinated for medical reasons though so maybe they're a little more stringent because of that.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
How is this possible when they assured everyone that 'no personal information would be retained'? :huh: Is there really no one else that is concerned about this or seeing the slippery slope that this is?? As Aaron Lewis sings, "Am I the only one...?"

we are NOT doing debates here. I dont know where that quote comes from within Mass. , nor do I care in regard to this information thread.
As stipulated , to debate or question please use Covid forum.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
Our rules here in OR are stricter than there, (I think we have the strictest in the country actually) but even here once you're in a venue for a concert, etc. and sitting in your seats you can take them off. As for the other, I'm just going by what I'm seeing by those around me. Those vaccinated just aren't doing the sanitizing thing (I am) either themselves or common areas they've touched. Those I know not vaccinated aren't vaccinated for medical reasons though so maybe they're a little more stringent because of that.

New mask mandate frequently asked questions

So even when seated, you're supposed to keep the mask on here in Boston per the city's mandate, unless actively eating/drinking.

Again, not responding to the rest because yeah. :laugh:

Reactions: Ladyfan

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Again, as per press releases and post 43 here:

Guests under 12 do not need to show proof of vaccination or a negative COVID-19 test (some concerts will have stricter requirements for younger fans) but they will be required, like everyone else, to wear a mask per the city mandate. Masks may be taken off while eating or drinking. A two-strike policy will be in effect for mask violators, with disciplinary measures including ejection.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
if you think 17k fans are gonna keep the masks on all game, you are dreaming, lol.
Nobody is going to keep a mask on in there. Thats rediculous. The playoffs had a mask requirement and nobody kept them on.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
I wasn’t planning on going to any games but for those who are I hope they can find a way to make the process move quickly. At the start I assume it will be quite a mess.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I wasn’t planning on going to any games but for those who are I hope they can find a way to make the process move quickly. At the start I assume it will be quite a mess.

Exactly. I heard the Pats game with just the electronic tickets was a fiasco, so I would imagine you'd have to plan on getting there early just to be inside the building before the puck drops.

The National

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2017
Los Angeles
Exactly. I heard the Pats game with just the electronic tickets was a fiasco, so I would imagine you'd have to plan on getting there early just to be inside the building before the puck drops.
Yeah that’s what I’m kinda basing it on too. Each person is probably gonna take 45 seconds to a minute to check the ID and Vax information/test. Maybe they can find a way to streamline it so we’ll see!

But at least when you finally get inside people can feel safer.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
And now for my absolute personal favorite - the THIRD WARNING.

No Covid Debates. Use the main Covid Board.

This is for Garden venue rules , information and updates.

Many also received personal notices. A gift of a four warnings one may say.

None further. Its your choice.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
BUT YOU can get the shot to protect yourself and kids (under 12) can not yet. So even though you have been vaccinated you can still carry the virus and give it to others. We need to protect the kids

I'm a new Grandpa so I fulling understand

I also went back on the dark side and went in for a half season for the first time in 20 years, so the new policy is great

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad