News Article: Bruins and Celtics Require Proof Of Full Vaccination Or Negative Covid Test For Fans 12+

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I feel bad for the people with legitimate medical reasons that they can't be vaccinated (but those are exceedingly rare.)

It's going to make the lines getting in the building slower if they have to manually check every Vax card along with the ticket. But overall the right thing from a common sense standpoint and a liability standpoint.

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
I feel bad for the people with legitimate medical reasons that they can't be vaccinated (but those are exceedingly rare.)

It's going to make the lines getting in the building slower if they have to manually check every Vax card along with the ticket. But overall the right thing from a common sense standpoint and a liability standpoint.

ought to figure out a way to verify once and never again - obviously this won’t apply to neg tests but it could help

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

I think that is why they have the testing option.

I am glad they are doing this and hopefully we will have an vaccine app soon so they don't have to deal with paper cards

Reactions: Ladyfan

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
ought to figure out a way to verify once and never again - obviously this won’t apply to neg tests but it could help
I'm sure they will continue to explore all avenues to make this simpler but because the state isn't digital yet, it would be hard to verify cards that were uploaded ahead of the game so they are using the paper card at the door option

Reactions: KnightofBoston

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Seems like a pic of my vax card will count as a digital copy? Hope so, not sure where my original flew off to.
It is ok per their policy

TD Garden will accept the original vaccination card or a digital copy of the vaccination card that can be checked against a valid ID (for those 18 years or older) as proof of full vaccination~. For guests 18 years or older, valid forms of ID include driver’s license, state identification card, or passport.

Health & Safety Info | TD Garden

Reactions: BruinsFanSince94

Highatop308

Only took 4 months!
Jun 23, 2010
308, row 15. seat 28
I hope they go back to multiple entrances like they had before it was 100%. You enter based on seat location. Less lines, easier to police. Also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s treated like the play it safe promise which was a quick glimpse and you walk by.

Reactions: Alicat

08SeaBass08

Maybe next year.
Jul 8, 2010
Funkytown, Boogie Wonderland
I don't know about anyone else, but I got a text message after my second shot with a link to my vaccination history. I'd assume that plus my ID would verify it. Am I delusional about this? Should I carry the card stock copy, too?

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
As a STH I support this, people don't have to go to games and this isn't forcing anything but if you want to attend you have to be healthy.

To be fair, it's so incredibly easy to fake a vax card that it really doesn't matter if they do or not.

There have been a few examples made of people using fake docs (women in Hawaii comes to mind) but I'd imagine fake cards will be a thing for sure.

Reactions: Ladyfan and Alicat

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
Not a fan but will do it without issue because I love watching the Bruins live and can take the minor inconvenience of bringing it and needing to make sure I don’t lose it. Just another thing to keep track of and I feel it goes against our private freedoms.

Also, I’m vaccinated and everyone in the building should be so I do not think we should also have to wear masks.

Last edited:
Reactions: Oates2Neely

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
I don't know about anyone else, but I got a text message after my second shot with a link to my vaccination history. I'd assume that plus my ID would verify it. Am I delusional about this? Should I carry the card stock copy, too?

Right now there isnt a central state data base. I got text from my UMass Provider too.
Id suggest having the paper card in hand. Thats the only recognized official proof at this time. Unfortunately.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
No. I got one as well after both my doses. I believe you can go online and get a digital copy.

But like Wally said above, there is no central database in MA yet so paper card is probably best for now

I'll have to dig through my email for my confirmation email to see if it has the website on it

Reactions: 08SeaBass08

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
I hope they go back to multiple entrances like they had before it was 100%. You enter based on seat location. Less lines, easier to police. Also wouldn’t be surprised if it’s treated like the play it safe promise which was a quick glimpse and you walk by.
That was the best thing they could have done. Quick and easy.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
all for it, glad we require it here on the island, hospital I work in has just started accepting patients with Covid, 11 are in ICU right now, 10 unvaccinated, one with only their first shot, another hospital has over 20 in ICU, all but one again unvaccinated

Reactions: Ladyfan and LSCII

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad