News Article: Bruins and Celtics Require Proof Of Full Vaccination Or Negative Covid Test For Fans 12+

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
I understand their concern and have no problem providing a negative test if I were to end up in Boston but showing papers akin to a govt permission slip to see a hockey game doesn't seem right inside.

Nah. It's a private facility and the owners of said facilities can make whatever requirements they want for them to allow you access. This isn't a government mandate, so that argument is nothing more than a strawman. This is the same as a 7-11 saying no shirt, no shoes, no service.

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
Agreed, but even so, it's not like they don't have options. Simply provide a negative test and you can still attend. I honestly don't get why some folks are mad over this. They didn't say everyone HAS to be vaccinated. It's you have to be vaccinated OR provide proof of being Covid free. But this always comes back to a percentage of people who don't want to do either for some really weird reason.

seems like a good use of resources to clog up testing facilities so people can attend bruins games

Reactions: NextBigThing

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Nah. It's a private facility and the owners of said facilities can make whatever requirements they want for them to allow you access. This isn't a government mandate, so that argument is nothing more than a strawman. This is the same as a 7-11 saying no shirt, no shoes, no service.

everything always comes back to jeff spicoli :D

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
seems like a good use of resources to clog up testing facilities so people can attend bruins games

To get a PCR test down here you need to have symptoms and it's ordered by your doctor, or you have to pay full price for it instead of insurance. I assume they're allowing home tests as proof as well?

KrejciMVP

Jun 30, 2011
Tampa, Florida
To get a PCR test down here you need to have symptoms and it's ordered by your doctor. I assume they're allowing home tests as proof as well?

its pretty easy where I live in St Pete, its a drive through at CVS and its as quick as ordering a cup of coffee at McDonald's

Reactions: LSCII

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Because of the potential for exposures? It’s not about money here. This is about the general safety of the people in the building.
yeah but arent the tests done days in advance of the game? people could get exposed on the way to the game.

LSCII

Cup driven
Mar 1, 2002
Central MA
yeah but arent the tests done days in advance of the game? people could get exposed on the way to the game.

Beats me. I assume it would all depend on what tests are acceptable and if there are parameters around when it has to have been done. Either way, it's not going to be perfect and people attending will be exposed whether they realize it or not. It's really about mitigating the risk and reducing it as much as they possibly can to make it as safe as possible for everyone. Aside from the vaccination requirement or negative test proof, you still have to wear a mask too, so all of that in a coordinated effort, should minimize things as much as they can.

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
Beats me. I assume it would all depend on what tests are acceptable and if there are parameters around when it has to have been done. Either way, it's not going to be perfect and people attending will be exposed whether they realize it or not. It's really about mitigating the risk and reducing it as much as they possibly can to make it as safe as possible for everyone. Aside from the vaccination requirement or negative test proof, you still have to wear a mask too, so all of that in a coordinated effort, should minimize things as much as they can.
so dumb.
it honestly should be vaccinated only and masks optional.

isnt canada vaccinated only?

Reactions: LSCII

BNHL

Dec 22, 2006
Boston
Went to the Eagles concert and they checked that you had a piece of paper or a picture of one,and masks were also required,but as soon as people were in,every blessed mask came off,thank God.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Stay very close to info only.
If *you* segue into government stuff or rights or just general Covid data/claims or any other non Garden requirements *you* will be removed.

As stated a bazillion times - use main Covid Board.

Last edited:

Oates2Neely

Jan 19, 2010
Massachusetts
This narrative isn't going to work here since he's the one who ok'd this policy as the owner of the TD Garden.
What narrative? Jacobs has no idea how this will effect attendance. If attendance suffers you can count on him to say/ do something about it. My gut tells me he will raise ticket prices if the building isn’t full

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
What narrative? Jacobs has no idea how this will effect attendance. If attendance suffers you can count on him to say/ do something about it. My gut tells me he will raise ticket prices if the building isn’t full
This isn't about money at all. This is him caring about public health.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad