Friedman: Bruins among teams "in" on Simmonds

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Ok lets say Fletcher doesnt love that 20ish pick of yours. Tell me who you are willing to offer along with a second rounder. Young rw with scoring potential available? Senyshyn? Cehlarik? Studnicka (not a rw)?

Something tells me Simmonds will not return a first but 2-3 other pieces.

None of the above.

Maybe he'll get what you want, but it will be a huge mistake if the Bruins are the team to offer it.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
If we need to give a 1st up for Simmonds I would prefer the Bruins take the first and put it towards a deal for Stone or Panarin instead.

Reactions: Tripod

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
Please go get him Boston. An aging, declining power forward dangling as trade-bait at the deadline is exactly the kind of fools-gold that GMs will pay a premium for... and then regret immensely.

Reactions: mflo77

MetM

Nov 29, 2009
Yes, if Simmonds is the SECOND acquisition my opinion changes. If he is the big fish I'm livid.

Exactly, if they over pay for him I will be mad.
Let the other teams have him otherwise, the Bruins are not in a position to go all-in this year.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I wanted Simmonds on the Bruins badly 5 years ago. Now...meh.

5 yrs (or 7) ago your equivalent of Mike Richards to get Simmonds + BSchenn (now Frost and Farabee)+ 2nd rounder would have been Krecji or Bergeron.

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
That is not fixed at all. Raffl for a 2nd let alone adding Blidh is horrid!
Are you going to ignore me when Simmonds end up getting traded and the Flyers get back at least a first OR an A level prospect?

Blidh does NOTHING for the Flyers. They have SEVERAL wing prospects better than him. The Flyers would essentially be dealing Simmonds and a 4th for a 2nd. That just takes the laughably bad proposals to an entirely different level.

Putting Raffl in there was to prove a point, which obviously flew right past you.

Reactions: Tripod

The Madrigal

Apr 26, 2016
In a simulation
If Boston wants Simmonds they can pony up a first in 2019 and a conditional 3rd in 2020 which becomes a 2nd if Simmonds re-signs. Otherwise, someone else will get him and we can lock down this joke of a discussion.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Never mind, I was wrong. The Flyers should definitely trade Simmonds and a 4th for an average prospect they don't need and a 2nd. That is certainly fair value.

I don't care what the Flyers can get from somewhere else. Go get that first! But, not from Boston. Not what they need. They need someone who can DRIVE some offense not chill in front of the net.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
I don't care what the Flyers can get from somewhere else. Go get that first! But, not from Boston. Not what they need. They need someone who can DRIVE some offense not chill in front of the net.

I don't know. Maybe if Simmonds was there instead of Heinen, that game never makes it to OT. :naughty:

All in good fun - I think Simmonds would be a good fit, but I can also understand not wanting to pay the price if you don't feel it's your year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad