Friedman: Bruins among teams "in" on Simmonds

Boston Bruno

Mostly not serious input..
Nov 2, 2002
Calgary
Sell Donny. Team doesnt have it, and you are contemplating performing plastic surgery on a corpse. Looks good in the end, but still in a coffin.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
Hornqvist
Oshie
Andersen
Pacioretty
Saad
Ehlers
Kapanen

These are the guys that Simmonds is tied with for goals. Can we at least slow down on the demise of Simmonds especially comparing him to Lucic today. In the future, who knows. But today, despite his decline, he can still pot some goals.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Simmonds would be 4th on the Bruins in goals, and 5th for points for forwards.

Let's not pretend that the Bruins have a ton of player playing better than him this year despite his decline.

So what. Anyone in the league with 19 points would be 5th among Bruins forwards in points. That has nothing to do with the cost of getting them. Plus his points come on the powerplay and the Bruins have the 2nd best powerplay in the league.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Let's not pretend that the Bruins have a ton of player playing better than him this year despite his decline.

Those guys aren't worth 1st+ either.

Midd6 is a major problem for Boston, and Sweeney needs to spent on quality longterm top6 option.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA

The Bruins DO need that 6th forward yes. Simmonds does not appear to be good enough anymore. Especially for the price and next contract.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
So what. Anyone in the league with 19 points would be 5th among Bruins forwards in points. That has nothing to do with the cost of getting them. Plus his points come on the powerplay and the Bruins have the 2nd best powerplay in the league.

17 of his 23 points at at 5v5 or 4v5 this year, so this is just wildly inaccurate. As someone mentioned in this thread earlier, people shouldnt talk about things they dont know anything about.

Tripod

I hate this team
Aug 12, 2008
Nova Scotia
The Bruins DO need that 6th forward yes. Simmonds does not appear to be good enough anymore. Especially for the price and next contract.
Agreed....the need so one for that 6th guy. Simmonds can be that guy, but I do agree that someone like Stone is the ideal fit, even if he costs more.

As for price, we shall see.

Next contract, I 100% think he will be overpaid and have been against re-signing him for a few years. To me, the risk/reward is too much risk. But I don't think the Bruins would look to re-sign him anyway.

Personally, I have said Simmonds fits Nashville the best given their PP is bad, they NEED a net guy for it, and now just lost toughness in Watson. And having Lavi as coach who knows Simmonds already. Just seems a perfect match.

I do think the Bruins go after Stone the hardest.

He Is Knocking

Jul 1, 2015
I'd love to see Simmer go to T.B. ,Boston or preferably Nashville, be prepared for a 1st plus for Simmonds however.

Last edited:

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Agreed....the need so one for that 6th guy. Simmonds can be that guy, but I do agree that someone like Stone is the ideal fit, even if he costs more.

As for price, we shall see.

Next contract, I 100% think he will be overpaid and have been against re-signing him for a few years. To me, the risk/reward is too much risk. But I don't think the Bruins would look to re-sign him anyway.

Personally, I have said Simmonds fits Nashville the best given their PP is bad, they NEED a net guy for it, and now just lost toughness in Watson. And having Lavi as coach who knows Simmonds already. Just seems a perfect match.

I do think the Bruins go after Stone the hardest.

As a fan I am 100% fine with Sweeney overpaying for that forward but it cannot be a rental either. Someone like Stone would be a good fit, with a reasonable extenstion.

I've always loved Simmonds aside from his visor breaking Mark Stuart's hand and leading to an infection and essentially ending Stuart's Bruin career. ;)

No fault of his own though.

For the 3rd line and for a 2nd and depth prospect type deal I'd be happy with him as a rental.

Sweeney cannot be trading a 1st for a rental again this year.

Reactions: Tripod

Snotbubbles

Oct 25, 2007

Simmons doesn't play on the Flyers top PP unit anymore. He has 4 goals and 2 assists on the PP this season. He has 11 goals and 6 assists at ES. Which would place him 3rd on the Bruins in ES goals and 5th in ES points. He would be an upgrade to whatever the Bruins are using on their 3rd line.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Simmons doesn't play on the Flyers top PP unit anymore. He has 4 goals and 2 assists on the PP this season. He has 11 goals and 6 assists at ES. Which would place him 3rd on the Bruins in ES goals and 5th in ES points. He would be an upgrade to whatever the Bruins are using on their 3rd line.

An offensive upgrade, yes. I don't think anyone is arguing that he's not an upgrade. I'm arguing that he's not an upgrade worth a 1st round pick.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
An offensive upgrade, yes. I don't think anyone is arguing that he's not an upgrade. I'm arguing that he's not an upgrade worth a 1st round pick.
Ok lets say Fletcher doesnt love that 20ish pick of yours. Tell me who you are willing to offer along with a second rounder. Young rw with scoring potential available? Senyshyn? Cehlarik? Studnicka (not a rw)?

Something tells me Simmonds will not return a first but 2-3 other pieces.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Ok lets say Fletcher doesnt love that 20ish pick of yours. Tell me who you are willing to offer along with a second rounder. Young rw with scoring potential available? Senyshyn? Cehlarik? Studnicka (not a rw)?

Something tells me Simmonds will not return a first but 2-3 other pieces.

Wouldn't deal any of them personnally.

If you go spending go fix a damm need.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
Seeing Simmonds in a Bruins jersey will be vomit inducing.

Hope he's traded elsewhere.

Reactions: BB88

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad