Friedman: Bruins among teams "in" on Simmonds

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Take Marcus Johansson instead and save yourself your first. Johansson for your second!

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
I wanted Simmonds on the Bruins badly 5 years ago.

Now...meh.
I agree ,a few years back I would be all in. I am tired of the Bruins giving overpriced contracts to players who had their best prodution years for another team......

Reactions: StrBender

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
If Boston wants Simmonds they can pony up a first in 2019 and a conditional 3rd in 2020 which becomes a 2nd if Simmonds re-signs. Otherwise, someone else will get him and we can lock down this joke of a discussion.

Great, awesome.

Let some other idiot Gm trade for him and sign him to a longterm contract.
No Bruins fan wants to see Simmond get signed to a longterm deal.

Reactions: StrBender

Cosmic avenger

Oct 27, 2018
The way the flyers are playing they will be buying soon and simmonds will be off market. But if on market will be 4 or 5th option at forward but will still cost 1st rnd pick. Nashville front runner i think

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I don't know. Maybe if Simmonds was there instead of Heinen, that game never makes it to OT. :naughty:

All in good fun - I think Simmonds would be a good fit, but I can also understand not wanting to pay the price if you don't feel it's your year.
Personally I like to think if the Bruins get the PP for Pastrnak being tripped late, it doesn't go to OT!

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Personally I like to think if the Bruins get the PP for Pastrnak being tripped late, it doesn't go to OT!

Eh, there was a blatantly missed hich sticking on Konecny as well. I tend to not think about game outcomes being affected by refs unless it's overly blatant - like the Rams saints game. I think I know which one you're talking about, where he trips over Giroux? Giroics leg came up but I can at least see that (objectively speaking) as Giroux tumbling and Pasta not being able to get out of the way. Then you have to consider if they actually score on the PP or not, etc. It's a lot of what ifs.

Heinens wide open net that he fanned on is definitely the one that should've made it happen though.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
The way the flyers are playing they will be buying soon and simmonds will be off market. But if on market will be 4 or 5th option at forward but will still cost 1st rnd pick. Nashville front runner i think

The flyers, as good as they are playing, will need to play something like 775 hockey the rest if the year to be guaranteed a playoff spot. They aren't mathematically eliminated yet, but they definitely shouldn't be buying rentals, and they should be selling them, because even if they make it, this team isn't making any noise.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
With 5 playoff teams at 59-60-61 ptswith only TB out of reach, the math is a little different (no math major though).

If just 1 of these teams finish at .500 rest of the way they get to 91 pts. Philly needs to play .677 (21 wins out of 31 g). Got to lose in ot a few times more than the other teams ahead.

Low odds but not selling yet.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Eh, there was a blatantly missed hich sticking on Konecny as well. I tend to not think about game outcomes being affected by refs unless it's overly blatant - like the Rams saints game. I think I know which one you're talking about, where he trips over Giroux? Giroics leg came up but I can at least see that (objectively speaking) as Giroux tumbling and Pasta not being able to get out of the way. Then you have to consider if they actually score on the PP or not, etc. It's a lot of what ifs.

Heinens wide open net that he fanned on is definitely the one that should've made it happen though.

Yeah the lack of call was bad, but it wasn't the reason we lost. Heinen has done what he did last nice unfortunately too many times this season.

Reactions: Starat327

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Yeah the lack of call was bad, but it wasn't the reason we lost. Heinen has done what he did last nice unfortunately too many times this season.

My jaw dropped during that scramble and i saw him just waiting at the top of the crease. My mind had honestly already processed that the game was over.

If Boston can get their 2nd and 3rd lines producing, thats an incredibly scary team. Doesnt seem like you get much support from your bottom 6 at all. (limited viewing, obviously)

duffy9748

Nov 26, 2007
I think Nashville is the most likely destination. Unless they're in on Panarin/Duchene/Stone, I think they'll move a 1st+ for Simmonds.

If I'm a Boston fan, I wouldn't move futures for Simmonds.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
My jaw dropped during that scramble and i saw him just waiting at the top of the crease. My mind had honestly already processed that the game was over.

If Boston can get their 2nd and 3rd lines producing, thats an incredibly scary team. Doesnt seem like you get much support from your bottom 6 at all. (limited viewing, obviously)

Your limited viewing gave you the right assumption. What you saw last night is reflective of our season as a whole. That is why you will see a lot of Bruins fans in threads regarding middle 6 wingers. Our top line is disproportionately responsible for our total offense. When they slump, the team slumps. Our bottom 6 production is horrid.

Collectively, all of the players that regularly rotate through the bottom 6 have a 0.2 PPG average.

Prorate that out to an 82 game season, this is what our average bottom 6 player produces:
16.4 pts in an 82 game season, which would be 7.6g - 8.8a based on how their contribution aligns to their total point contribution

Compare that to out Top 3:
97.7 pts in an 82 game season, which would be 39.2g - 58.5a based on their collective contribution

Top 4-6 (only 2 consistent players in this group, so this is just them)
51.1 pts in an 82 game season, which would be 21.2g - 30a based on their collective contribution

Thank you for entertaining my boredom at work so I can do some analysis haha.

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Your limited viewing gave you the right assumption. What you saw last night is reflective of our season as a whole. That is why you will see a lot of Bruins fans in threads regarding middle 6 wingers. Our top line is disproportionately responsible for our total offense. When they slump, the team slumps. Our bottom 6 production is horrid.

Collectively, all of the players that regularly rotate through the bottom 6 have a 0.2 PPG average.

Prorate that out to an 82 game season, this is what our average bottom 6 player produces:
16.4 pts in an 82 game season, which would be 7.6g - 8.8a based on how their contribution aligns to their total point contribution

Compare that to out Top 3:
97.7 pts in an 82 game season, which would be 39.2g - 58.5a based on their collective contribution

Top 4-6 (only 2 consistent players in this group, so this is just them)
51.1 pts in an 82 game season, which would be 21.2g - 30a based on their collective contribution

Thank you for entertaining my boredom at work so I can do some analysis haha.

Haha, man that is wild. Eerily similar (maybe not the numbers, i dont care to do the math) of our season last year, where G - Couturier - TK/Jake carried the team to the playoffs, basically. The Top pair was exceptional and the rest seemed kinda meh (again, oddly similar to what I saw from the bruins last night). The only 'clear' difference it seems, between this years Bruins and last years Flyers is your fairly consistent good goaltending - even if it isnt always rask.

compan

Sep 30, 2009
Nashville
Haha, man that is wild. Eerily similar (maybe not the numbers, i dont care to do the math) of our season last year, where G - Couturier - TK/Jake carried the team to the playoffs, basically. The Top pair was exceptional and the rest seemed kinda meh (again, oddly similar to what I saw from the bruins last night). The only 'clear' difference it seems, between this years Bruins and last years Flyers is your fairly consistent good goaltending - even if it isnt always rask.

If we didn't have good goaltending...it would be bad. Real bad.

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
Doubt it. Flyers and Bruins have only made 3 trades in the last 18 years. Don't see Philly sending a potential impact player to Boston.

Edit: 3 or 4. Whatever.

Last edited:

Starat327

Top .01% OnlyHands
Sponsor
May 8, 2011
Philadelphia, Pa
Doubt it. Flyers and Bruins have only made 3 trades in the last 18 years. Don't see Philly sending a potential impact player to Boston.

I just realized that the 3rd Rounder we got from Rinaldo is the 3rd rounder we used to pick Ustimenko. This makes me happy.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad