Confirmed with Link: Bruins Acquire Dimitry Orlov and Garnet Hathaway from Washington

What you think?

• Love it?

Votes: 242 64.2%
  • Like it?

Votes: 109 28.9%
  • Dislike it?

Votes: 7 1.9%
  • Hate it?

Votes: 8 2.1%
  • No opinion

Votes: 11 2.9%

• Total voters

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

peanuts-linus.gif

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I forgot about that. Never heard what the "joke" was but I did hear that he was in trouble. I only tuned in today for 15-20 minutes out of curiosity and when I realized that those two weren't on I wanted to see what they had to say about the B's. It was surprisingly better than I expected but alas their dumb-ass callers ruined the good (B's) vibe.

The "joke" was told to Felger, who was sitting in a room with 2 African Americans in the background. After checking with Felger that the two guys couldn't heat him, he told Felger to be careful, because the last time he was around two guys like that, his car got stolen. It was a dumb, and undeniably racist thing to say.

• Wow
Reactions: Gordoff and Ladyfan

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH
Team seems like they are all fighting a cold.
Coyle was sniffling and stuffed up his entire interview.
Bergy sounded really stuffed up on his NBC phone interview
Monty was sniffling as well on his interview

Gordoff

Formerly: Strafer
Jan 18, 2003
The Hub
The "joke" was told to Felger, who was sitting in a room with 2 African Americans in the background. After checking with Felger that the two guys couldn't heat him, he told Felger to be careful, because the last time he was around two guys like that, his car got stolen. It was a dumb, and undeniably racist thing to say.
YIKES! Thank you.

Orlov-McAvoy
Lindholm-Carlo
Gryz-Clifton
Forbort-Zboril

*top 7 locked
and loaded.

Aeroforce

Apr 28, 2012
Houston, TX
Being a sentimental sort, I am sad for Craig Smith, and how can one not love AJ Greer's heart?

This trade doesn't exactly make them the "Big, Bad Bruins," but they are now built for playoff hockey in the modern era.

I also love the timing of the trade. Chemistry is vital in hockey, and this year's Bruins squad has it in spades. Shipping out a popular player in the locker room and bringing in two known nemeses has its risks. They join the team on the road, away from their home routines; great for team bonding, and the two former Caps can support each other.

There will also be growing pains, and doing this a week before the trade deadline gives them a little more time to be clicking on all cylinders come playoffs.

I don't usually believe in hazing, but to welcome two former enemies into the fold, I wouldn't mind them inviting Kevan Miller in to take care of some unfinished business.

As for Hathaway, too bad we don't play Anaheim again. On my hockey bucket list is to one day see Hathaway fight Drysdale.
9_Milburn_Drysdale_and_Jane_Hathaway_q6vosx.webp

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Being a sentimental sort, I am sad for Craig Smith, and how can one not love AJ Greer's heart?

This trade doesn't exactly make them the "Big, Bad Bruins," but they are now built for playoff hockey in the modern era.

I also love the timing of the trade. Chemistry is vital in hockey, and this year's Bruins squad has it in spades. Shipping out a popular player in the locker room and bringing in two known nemeses has its risks. They join the team on the road, away from their home routines; great for team bonding, and the two former Caps can support each other.

There will also be growing pains, and doing this a week before the trade deadline gives them a little more time to be clicking on all cylinders come playoffs.

I don't usually believe in hazing, but to welcome two former enemies into the fold, I wouldn't mind them inviting Kevan Miller in to take care of some unfinished business.

As for Hathaway, too bad we don't play Anaheim again. On my hockey bucket list is to one day see Hathaway fight Drysdale.

I see what you did there. That was good.

Reactions: Aeroforce

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby

Ngl kinda love adding a defenseman who will do that

Reactions: Mainehockey33

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad