Post-Game Talk: Bruins 5 - Mike Sullivan's Penguins 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
I think if we a top 10 pick they will bet on themselves and send the 2025 unprotected. I mean. Talk about waving the tank-flag otherwise "we have the 7 overall this year. But we are sure we will be even worse next year. Pleae get your seson tickets for next season btw"

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
That's the problem right there. Too many identify Crosby and Malkin as the team.
The heart should be for the team, not 2 players.

Even when Mario and Jagr were around, I never felt like they were the only ones who mattered and everything should be catered to them.
I cared about team results and getting the most out of the support players. Anything and everything to win championships.

If people are willing to throw away 5+ years of the organization to make the core 3 happy, they are not Pittsburgh Penguins fans. They are core-3 fans.

Really just Crosby and Malkin fans. Most make digs at Letang.

Reactions: AuroraBorealis

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
Sullivan is getting even more delusional: “We’ve got to do a better job,” Sullivan said. “Our forwards change and give them a three-on-two. You simply can’t change. And if you’re tired, you simply can’t be tired. You’ve got to stay and compete. That’s what winning hockey is about. I thought we learned that lesson today.”

Okay, Sully we will turn off fatigue option for the next game, maybe we will get to score a few goals then.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Sullivan is getting even more delusional: “We’ve got to do a better job,” Sullivan said. “Our forwards change and give them a three-on-two. You simply can’t change. And if you’re tired, you simply can’t be tired. You’ve got to stay and compete. That’s what winning hockey is about. I thought we learned that lesson today.”

Lol. "Stop getting older! Stop getting slower!"

SomeDude

Mar 6, 2006
Pittsburghish

Okay, Sully we will turn off fatigue option for the next game, maybe we will get to score a few goals then.
"Why are you all out there skating like a bunch of 35 year olds?????"

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
Happened with San Jose in 14-15 with their core being 35+.
Their names will forever be etched in the 2017 EA NHL default team against PIT when you start the game.

This is where PIT mentally should've been from day 1 of the season. It is time for all to be sent out for greener pastures and for the team to really embrace Sully and his systems for the next 3 years.

The Great Mighty Poo

Thank You 59.
Feb 21, 2020
Scatbox
That's what I'm afraid of. We keep Sullivan, and just get worse.

We certainly aren't on the trajectory of getting better. Would rather just give SJ our pick this season. Next year we are going to be worse.

OT: The most predictable thing in the post game press conference, is that Bunting's nickname is "Bunts".
My nickname for Sullivan rhymes with "Bunt".

Asuna

Lvl 94 Sub-Leader
Apr 27, 2014
Pittsburgh

ain't no way that's a real quote

Super Luigi

Jul 13, 2019

What the f*** is this horseshit 💩

When as a coach you lose your team you are done. Thanks Sully for everything but this team doesn't want to play for you anymore.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Generally speaking, the system allows for players to have a bit of freedom offensively. At its best, it allows for attacks off the rush plus controlled cycles down low. As mentioned by others, it plays to Sid's strengths. Where it's failing is that it has fewer rush opportunities as other teams have matched the Pens' speed, so the Pens now have to rely on dumping the puck in, which they're ill equipped to do.

Plus, it was a stark contrast to Johnston, which was rigid structure. Sid has always been willing to play within structure defensively, but he was clearly unhappy in Johnston's pack mentality offensive structure. Players literally were supposed to stick together and not be more than a certain distance apart under Johnston.

So Sullivan comes in, frees Sid up offensively, they win, they get into a routine...and now Sid doesn't want to disrupt the routine. The scheme, Sullivan's priorities, the way he handles the locker room, it's all familiar to Sid. At this age, I don't think he's all that excited about changing a system, dealing with a new personality, etc.

I think what it comes down to is Sid would probably understand a coaching change, and he'd be fine with someone who brings some new ideas and isn't a Tortorella type. But if there's a way to keep Sullivan, Sid would probably be more comfortable.
I agree with this, which is why someone like Dubas needs to sit him down and say, if you want to try to win again here and sign an extension, we need a new coach with fresh ideas

Last edited:

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
This team with this coach:
iu

Reactions: BusinessGoose
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad