Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4- Jets 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
More upset about the goals against streak ending than I am about the result. I had the game penciled in as a loss when I learned of Vilardi also being out. The Bruins are very good. Even being without Bergeron and Krejci, they haven't lost much of a step from last year. I hate that they've been so good for so long. Remember when we all mocked them for Connor, Barzal, and Kylington?

Jets played a better 3rd until that shitty short handed goal against. Noticed that Ehlers was back with KC instead of trying to spread it all out. That 2nd period was trash. Throw it in the harbour with the rest of the tea bags.
*Chabot, not Kylington. Boston being successful now doesn't mean they made the right decisions then. They were facepalm worthy picks.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Wouldn’t it make sense, since we had our lines all humming along, that we inject someone from the moose into that 1c role and keep all else the same? I really don’t know, but the team has been very good and messing up every single line seems counterproductive.

I remember Chevy saying that players on the moose were groomed to come in and play at those positions.

I think we would be better off keeping everything exactly the same but adding a producing center from the moose into our vacant position.

By moving Lowry to 1c, we don’t only make the first line worse, but the third and every other line with the cascading moves.

Lambert and Luscius are injured so we are short skilled C's on the Moose as well. Unfortunately Tonianto is the best we have. I'd have moved Kupari up myself.

Reactions: Howard Chuck

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
I thought the Jets battled pretty hard but no Scheifele and Vilardi is tough to overcome. Boston is a good team, no shame in losing tonight. Hopefully Scheifele and Vilardi are both playing tomorrow especially Scheifele. Every single time Scheifele has been injured over the years we just aren't the same team especially offensively. Streak was cool but you absolutely have to pull the goalie in that situation, not pulling Helly for the extra attacker would have been hard to explain in the dressing room after. One thing about this though is it has to show Chevy he has to somehow find another Stastny type center for the playoffs.

Mud Turtle

Jul 26, 2013
top c out
top rw out
peffetti hurt
ehlers hurt
multiple sick
down 1 with 4 mins left to go in the game against one of the best teams in the league, I'm sorry but that wasn't good enough is just wrong
I’m away in Europe and have limited access to the Jets for the next while. So we had people out sick too?? Who was all missing from this game?

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Wouldn’t it make sense, since we had our lines all humming along, that we inject someone from the moose into that 1c role and keep all else the same? I really don’t know, but the team has been very good and messing up every single line seems counterproductive.

I remember Chevy saying that players on the moose were groomed to come in and play at those positions.

I think we would be better off keeping everything exactly the same but adding a producing center from the moose into our vacant position.

By moving Lowry to 1c, we don’t only make the first line worse, but the third and every other line with the cascading moves.
Players get moved around all the time. Granted we don’t have a player on the Jets that can step into the the #1 center role after Scheifele but there is no one on the Moose is remotely close to being ready to take on that role.

Reactions: Jets 31

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
*Chabot, not Kylington. Boston being successful now doesn't mean they made the right decisions then. They were facepalm worthy picks.

No, I was referencing the meme that was posted right before Boston picked.

1000013596.jpg

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
Players get moved around all the time. Granted we don’t have a player on the Jets that can step into the the #1 center role after Scheifele but there is no one on the Moose is remotely close to being ready to take on that role.
If Scheifele can't play tomorrow and Vilardi does we should try Vilardi at center with Connor and Ehlers . I like Lowry but he's not a number 1 center and now that great 3rd line isn't very great with Tony there, kind of a double whammy to 2 lines.

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
Good pushback in the third, bit of a bad break on the 3-1 goal that went against play and was a weird bounce.

This team isn't built to play without Scheif. Centre depth is atrocious, Vlad is barely (if at all) a 2nd line C and Lowry has no offensive talent within him. Need need need Scheif healthy.

Jack7222

Mar 17, 2021
Yeah, didn't have a big problem with the 5 on 5 here, they did a pretty decent job limiting chances and had guys out sick and injured.

To me though it shows two things:

1. A talent infusion at forward would be very good. I don't know that it has to be a center, a strong winger would help a ton too.

2. This is another game that could've been won with a strong powerplay. Not sure what's going on there but it feels like we're going to leave points on the table with the PP problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad