Post-Game Talk: Bruins 4, Devils 2 - the losing continues

Status
Not open for further replies.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
Yeah there's really not much else to say; give Kinkaid a shot tomorrow, if anything just to give Schneider a break to recover mentally. He's getting left out to dry but he looks a little lacking in confidence as well.

Other than that, not much else we can do really.

Monstar Jay*

i wish they would trade jagr,cammy,zid for picks or prospects and start tanking for mcdavid even if we only had a 5% chance it would be worth it.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
Yeah there's really not much else to say; give Kinkaid a shot tomorrow, if anything just to give Schneider a break to recover mentally. He's getting left out to dry but he looks a little lacking in confidence as well.

Other than that, not much else we can do really.

DeBozo will leave Cory in, just to pile drive what confidence he might have left, into the ground.

GameSeven

ἢ τὰς ἢ ἐπὶ τὰς
Jan 11, 2008
53700-Alec-Baldwin-perfect-loop-gif-iF6f.gif

My liver hates the way this season is headed

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
So only one player played less then JJ tonight, and that was Too too.

No d-man played less then Lars.

12 minutes for lars, 18 for Sal.

There was faceoff early in the 3rd in Bostons zone, when Zids and Gelinas were the d-men. Dano made note of it. Obviously Devs saw this as an oppurtunity for some offense.

Who was taking the faceoff. The worst faceoff guy on the team of coarse. Boston wins the faceoff, quickly clears the zone, and so much for the Gelinas Zidlicky pairing.

Pretty lousy coaching going on here.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Fire DeBoer, please and thank you.

And that's all I have to say bout that.

Uli Hiemer

Dr. Evil
Oct 19, 2011
Queens

There was faceoff early in the 3rd in Bostons zone, when Zids and Gelinas were the d-men. Dano made note of it. Obviously Devs saw this as an oppurtunity for some offense.

Who was taking the faceoff. The worst faceoff guy on the team of coarse. Boston wins the faceoff, quickly clears the zone, and so much for the Gelinas Zidlicky pairing.

Yikes..this does not paint a pretty picture. I would never blame everything on Deboer because I think these players are awful but that is some rotten coaching.

britdevil

Tea with milk...
Feb 15, 2007
UK
I don't think Stephen Gionta would get NHL minutes with a single other NHL franchise. He's that bad.

I'm not even sure that the top two thirds of the AHL teams would have any use for him.

Just a terrible player.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
Pete is like J-Mac a lot in the sense that when he feels pressure, he plays his pets and turtles. Remember how Mac kept playing scrubs like Magnan-Grenier and Taormina because those were his guys in Albany? Well Pete regresses back to the guys who were his heroes in 2012 - Sal, Zidlicky, Bernier, Gionta. Those were the guys who stepped up for him three years ago and so that's who he throws his Hail Marys to now.

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
remember when we were 3-0-0? hahahaha

1 regulation win in the past 12.

We overachieved so hard at the start, i remember people complaining that we were playing terribly but everyone else was convinced things were fine because of our record. Now we're getting the results we deserve with our level of play and full blown panic has finally set in :laugh:

Not that we shouldn't be very worried, but i never believed for a minute this was a playoff team even after our hot start.

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
Pete is like J-Mac a lot in the sense that when he feels pressure, he plays his pets and turtles. Remember how Mac kept playing scrubs like Magnan-Grenier and Taormina because those were his guys in Albany? Well Pete regresses back to the guys who were his heroes in 2012 - Sal, Zidlicky, Bernier, Gionta. Those were the guys who stepped up for him three years ago and so that's who he throws his Hail Marys to now.

Taormina actually wasn't horrific though :laugh: (for the 15-20 games until he got hurt anyway)

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Does it usually get more quite here when the team is losing, or is it the other way around?

I think it's about the same, just fewer people making more noise when they are losing. When they are winning it's a lot of different people saying a few things.

tailfins

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2005
On the one hand, I think much of the board is overreacting to silly stuff. For instance, people were singing Gionta's praises just a couple of games ago. Also, while we got Cammy back, Havlat and Henrique are still out. Plus, we've all acknowledged this is a transition year, and that the real value is in getting the kids on D to play.

That said, Pete is digging a hole here. Or at least the team is digging one for him. Zero points in 4 games is not ok - particularly with the existence of the loser point. It looks as if he's running out of buttons to push. Pete's relying on veterans regardless of results. It reeks of desperation, and I think the team can sense it. While the team keeps trying hard for Pete, at some point soon the team either needs to find a way to string together some wins (not just one), or they need a new voice.

This is a game where Josefson should have played more. Cammy should have been double shifted a bit - see if he could have sparked Elias at all. Or put Cammy and JJ together. Something other than throwing the same guys out there that have lost the last three (now four) games in a row.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
I don't think Stephen Gionta would get NHL minutes with a single other NHL franchise. He's that bad.

I'm not even sure that the top two thirds of the AHL teams would have any use for him.

Just a terrible player.

I'll disagree here, I think he's an OK player, I like him as a 4th liner, but gio getting 50% more ice time then JJ tonight?

And this is more a questioning of how little JJ plays then it is how much gio plays. But I cannot understand it.

Benedict Parisechuk

Army of Pandolfo's
Apr 5, 2013
Chicago, IL

It's amateur hour in Newark. The amount of crap that this clown has gotten away with is hideous. There is no reason why he should still be coaching this team. This garbage has gone on long enough. I can't take it anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad