Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Bruins expect Jake DeBrusk and Matt Grzelcyk to return Wednesday - The Boston Globe
Jake DeBrusk and Matt Grzelcyk rejoined the Bruins for a workout Monday and both are expected back in the lineup Wednesday night when the Bruins face the Rangers at Madison Square Garden.
Grzelcyk, sidelined for six of the 11 games this season, will plug back into the No. 2 defensive pairing with right side running mate Brandon Carlo. He also will be the No. 1 point option on the power play.
DeBrusk, often at David Krejci’s left wing the last couple of years, likely will begin the night on the No. 3 line centered by Charlie Coyle, with his wing opposite Anders Bjork still to be determined.

Charlie McAvoy crashed heavily into Frederic in the latter stages of Monday’s workout, tumbled to the ice, and didn’t look like a happy camper as he made his way to the room. Per Cassidy, McAvoy chipped a tooth in the pileup and headed directly to the dentist’s chair …

Jack Studnicka, also sidelined all last week, joined the workout Monday, but was sporting a red (noncontact) sweater … Still no sign of right winger Ondrej Kase, who exited the lineup nearly a month ago (Jan. 16), likely with a concussion.

Last edited:

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
DeBrusk officially activated. Grzelcyk good to go, we'll see if Cassidy makes the change. Studnicka remains on IR even though he could clear. (only a roster move)

Bruins Cap.PNG

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005

Okay Jake.... As a hockey player, not sure you should admit that.... Just sayin'.....

I've had my bell rung on the football field and the ice (spoiler alert: not by NFL/NHL players) and shot by a refrigerated paintball. Granted, most paintballs players don't refrigerate or freeze their ammo, but when they do, I'd rather have my bell rung. Now, if I had a choice between the Kadri hit and a cold paintball, I'll choose the latter.

Last edited:

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I've had my bell rung on the football field and the ice (spoiler alert: not by NFL/NHL players) and shot by a refrigerated paintball. Granted, most paintballs players don't refrigerate or freeze their ammo, but when they do, I'd rather have my bell rung. Now, if I had a choice between the Kadri hit and a cold paintball, I'll choose the latter.
I haven’t faced frozen paintballs but regular paintballs hurt less then bee stings professional athletes should pretend they can’t feel pain of that degree.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
such generalizations. a weak pistol painter might not hurt, but a fully pumped fancy launcher unused until the final shot of a game left a welt on me that lasted years. no bee ever got me for years. not everything correlates conveniently with your experiences or lack thereof.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
such generalizations. a weak pistol painter might not hurt, but a fully pumped fancy launcher unused until the final shot of a game left a welt on me that lasted years. no bee ever got me for years. not everything correlates conveniently with your experiences or lack thereof.
Which is why I noted my limited experience. Not too mention, I think you took my post more seriously then I did, but hey man, someday maybe I will work on filling out my frozen paintball and Pumped Fancy Launcher experiences, so that I can write posts more favorable to you. gtfo.

Chevalier du Clavier

Écrivain de ferrage
Jul 20, 2005
I haven’t faced frozen paintballs but regular paintballs hurt less then bee stings professional athletes should pretend they can’t feel pain of that degree.
You're not wrong. I've been hit with a paintball and never felt it. Sometimes you get hit and it just bounces off of you without exploding, which means you stay in the game. I got hit in the middle of the forehead once, barely felt it. I asked my teammate whether I was hit and he said, "Nah!" I took my hat off at the end of the game and had a huge paint spray in the middle. But, like @Bumper, I got drilled in the butt and I danced around in circles for quite a while. It was sore for quite some time and welt lasted weeks.

Bumper

Apr 16, 2018
(Only) Halfway To Everywhere
I guess I'm glad mine wasn't in the butt. it was on my arm through a jean shirt. I was the last of a raid-the-fortress team and the gun that hit me was the encamped team's yet-unused overkill gun they made sure to try before losing the option. it didn't hurt much for too long, but the years of having a mark was a good reminder of how much it did hurt that day and week. the projectile itself can hurt plenty or not at all, but please don't dismiss claims that it can hurt quite a lot and have lasting physical repercussions. further: anybody freezing them is a sick freak I wish help for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad