Injury Report: Bruins 2021 Injured list II

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border

• Pastrnak and Hampus Lindholm both skated before practice, but neither will travel with the team for this week's trip to St. Louis and Pittsburgh. Cassidy did say that he expects both to return before the end of the regular season, perhaps even this weekend. "That's the plan is they should be ready that week before [the playoffs] and maybe as early as this weekend," said Cassidy. "I'm ruling them out for Tuesday/Thursday, not Saturday/Sunday. They've both played in the playoffs. Pasta's had a lot of playoff games over the years. Lindholm not as many recently, but certainly has played. For them, it's getting their game back in order, their timing, etcetera."
  • Linus Ullmark did not skate on Monday and will also remain back in Boston this week, though Cassidy said the team is hopeful he'll be able to return this weekend. Troy Grosenick will travel with the Bruins as the backup netminder."Linus has never played in the playoffs, so for him, there's gonna be a lot of newness," said Cassidy. "I think he's going to want to be 100 percent in his own mind. For him, we've got to make sure he's in a good place, how much he plays before. Time will tell with that."
  • Patrice Bergeron took a maintenance day on Monday but will be ready to play on Tuesday against the Blues.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

One of the very few things clear for the Bruins at the moment is that they’re just two weeks away from the playoffs.

Who’ll be the pick as starting goalie on opening night? Yet to be answered.
Will the sharpshooting David Pastrnak be ready to rip on the power play? Not for the next couple of games, but perhaps by this weekend, hopefully by Round 1.
Is new defenseman Hampus Lindholm a go? Again, not for the next couple of games, and again, possibly by the weekend. The smooth-skating Swede hasn’t suited up in the playoffs since the spring of 2018.

Fresh from clinching a playoff spot with Saturday’s 2-1 win over the Penguins, the Bruins nonetheless are not ready for playoff prime time. Pastrnak, Lindholm and would-be No. 1 goaltender Linus Ullmark again missed practice Monday, and they were joined on the injured list by forward Jesper Froden, who was banged up late in Saturday’s win.

Ullmark, who took a puck to the face mask last Thursday, has not handled a shot since turning away eight attempts by the Senators in that first period.

Pastrnak hasn’t skated a shift in two weeks, not since appearing to aggravate an oblique muscle vs. the Blue Jackets April 4.

Lindholm, the prized pickup at the trade deadline, also has been down and out for a fortnight, exiting with what appeared to be a knee injury April 5 in Detroit.

None of those three will play in St. Louis or Pittsburgh (Thursday), but Cassidy remained hopeful that one or more could suit up this weekend, be it Saturday at home vs. the Rangers or Sunday night in their first visit to Montreal of the season.

Reactions: hrdpuk and sooshii

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
Reactions: Dizzay and hrdpuk

Kegs

Nov 10, 2010
I bet pasta and lindholm could play. They just giving them extra time to be safe. That’s me reading between the lines.

Reactions: Arthuros

DarrenBanks56

May 16, 2005
pasta could prob play but is he going to be junk like 2020 against tampa when he had the similar injury?? its not good news as we are short on scoring as it is.

HustleB

Cautiously Optimistic
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2017
Welcome to the Jungle
I'm reading about guys being ready but leaving them out of the lineup to play it safe. I'm feeling like if they were truly healthy it would be Bergeron maybe Marchand too that I would love to see them take a couple games off. Cant sit all the best players but if Pasta were 90% I'd let him play while recovering in order to give Bergeron time. I dont think Pasta and Lindholm are 90%. So could they play today I am sure, but would they be more like 90 or 70%. I'm feeling it would be more like 70% unfortunately. Hopefully I am wrong.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Today’s Globe:

Making progress​

Pastrnak, Hampus Lindholm, Linus Ullmark, and Jesper Froden skated under the watch of skills coach Kim Brandvold Wednesday back home in Brighton. Barring a setback, said Cassidy, Ullmark will play Saturday vs. the Rangers or Sunday in Montreal. “Obviously, that’s good news,” said the coach. Lindholm, added Cassidy, should be back in the lineup next week, at least for the final two games (Buffalo, Toronto). Cassidy did not offer any specifics on Pastrnak, other than to note he went through the paces with Brandvold

Reactions: Shane Jazz

KillerMillerTime

Jun 30, 2019
I have seen mention of Pastrnak dealing with a core muscle injury.
So is he dealing with a hernia or a pulled groin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad