Bruins 2015-16 PRESEASON - Training Camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I'm going to the first and third home game, and might try to snag one for the second game, too.

Don't count on the NHL Network - last year, BOS@WSH preseason was blocked, despite it not being shown on NESN. It's silly to block a Boston game played in Washington - I could almost understand blocking a game at the Garden that hasn't been sold, but c'mon.

I will be there for the 3 home games.

For those going to the away games...Cheer loud for our boys :yo:

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
When was it announced that this Sundays Game will be on NESN?

It's been quietly on the Bruins website for awhile now - if you look where they have the NJD@BOS in Providence up, they've had NESN listed for awhile.

Here's NHL Network's full preseason schedule:
http://www.nhl.com/ice/page.htm?id=107572

The live games listed are NJD@BOS, BOS@NYR, and BOS@WSH. Additionally, NYR@BOS is on tape delay. I bet that NHLNet will be blacked out for the NJD game, since NESN has it. I just hope that the other three skate through unobstructed.

I also know that NJD@BOS is the only game that will be broadcast on NESN.

The only games not listed are BOS@DET, DET@BOS, and WSH@BOS. The Caps aren't picking their away game. And Detroit isn't covering either of the Boston games:

http://redwings.nhl.com/club/page.htm?id=91543

So much for Original Six Hockey (TM).

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The next 3 weeks are all about getting ready for the 3 game homestand in 5 days to start the season. The B's MUST get 4 points in those 3 games and that could be a tall order.

Winnipeg? Made the playoffs last year in a tougher conference.

Montreal? Can you have a must win game on October 10th??? This almost qualifies. A message must be sent early.

Tampa? A team that the Bruins can usually beat at TD.

Fasten your seatbelts :popcorn:

FLUTO SHINZAWA | ON HOCKEY
This will be a particularly important preseason for Bruins

This year, starting Thursday with fitness testing, preseason will be no time for goofing around. The Bruins have work to do.

After missing the playoffs last season, the changes the Bruins are planning for 2015-16 are not minor. For the last eight years, Zdeno Chara has stayed at home to be in position for a reverse. Brad Marchand has spent his entire NHL career staying wide on breakouts along the left-side wall.

These will be hard habits to change.

This year, Chara and the defensemen will be taught to move to the front of the net instead of hanging back. The shift will put them in better position to join the rush or defend against a net-front attack. Marchand and the wingers will be expected to pull off the walls and overload on the strong side. The changes are designed to push back against 2-1-2 forechecks, generate more center-ice speed, and attack the offensive zone with more threats.

The priority in camp is to cycle through the breakouts repeatedly until the adjustments become second nature.

“What we’re going to do in training camp is to try and get those guys to feel real comfortable with it,†Julien said.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
5 Questions for Bruins as they open training camp
http://www.bostonherald.com/sports/...estions_for_bruins_as_they_open_training_camp

Not since Claude Julien pulled on his Black and Gold windbreaker for the first time in 2007 have the Bruins faced such uncertainty at the start of a season. The B’s are a team in transition as they gather for training camp today. No lines are set. No defensive pair is a given.

That doesn’t necessarily mean their downward slide has to continue, but there are many questions facing this team.

Here are just five of them. I’m sure you might have one or two more:

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Pull-ups today:
  1. Trotman = 41
  2. Krug = 40
  3. Chara = 37

I wonder if Kevan Miller participated. If he did, makes me question if his shoulder injury is going to linger throughout the season.

Edited to add:

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pull-ups today:
  1. Trotman = 41
  2. Krug = 40
  3. Chara = 37

I wonder if Kevan Miller participated. If he did, makes me question if his shoulder injury is going to linger throughout the season.

Can I ask what you mean with K.Miller question?

If you mean you are worried that he wasn't in the top3 then I would ask why.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Can I ask what you mean with K.Miller question?

If you mean you are worried that he wasn't in the top3 then I would ask why.
Kevan Miller beat out Chara with last year's pullups. Not seeing him in the top-3 makes me wonder just how well his shoulder has healed.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Kevan Miller beat out Chara with last year's pullups. Not seeing him in the top-3 makes me wonder just how well his shoulder has healed.

But they did less than Trotman and Krug did this year, and now Chara did more than he did last year.
That was just the top3, he could very well be in the +30 club.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
My memory was wrong anyway. Just looked it up and Chara actually bested Miller last year. Disregard my worry regarding Miller's shoulder, for now.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch

Reasonable question, especially since the injury is on the shoulder. Maybe he just did the minimum so as not to reinjure it - I don't know if the fitness testing is pass/fail, or just for record keeping, but I'd rather he save the shoulder for the game - especially with Seidenberg out.

That said, the pullups are judged rather leniently. Fast forward about 3 minutes:

[NHL]637745[/NHL]

"Upon further review, the chin did NOT cross the line. Bad pull up, Chara."

northeastern

Apr 16, 2009
boston
Anyone going to state of the Bruins? My question got selected woo, I'm basically asking if clode has lines in mind and will try to build chemistry or if he's leaving it to preseason to look for chemistry and go from there...

Not going to lie they said you win an autographed memorabilia thing if your question got picked so i tried to sell an appealing question. I never win anything

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Anyone going to state of the Bruins? My question got selected woo, I'm basically asking if clode has lines in mind and will try to build chemistry or if he's leaving it to preseason to look for chemistry and go from there...

Not going to lie they said you win an autographed memorabilia thing if your question got picked so i tried to sell an appealing question. I never win anything

Same and same - I got a question picked, and it was kind of blatantly produced to be picked to get free memorabilia.

"Cam, are you designing the Winter Classic jerseys again for 2016, and do you have any sneak preview or hints for us besides the logo?"

Translation: "Hey, STHs. You can buy Winter Classic jerseys. Remember - they're Designed by Cam(TM)!"

It's actually my first Bruins autographed item, I'm ashamed to say. I don't win much in general, although I have had good luck with the Bruins, winning a Dunkin card and a Garden card last year. That said, I'd rather the team be lucky.

Dellstrom

Pastrnasty
May 1, 2011
Boston
Seidenberg really needs to be healthy to redeem himself. At least it's not another knee injury, for all we know it could just be a precautionary, but he needs to be healthy for the whole year... He, Z, and Krejci. All three of them played at 50% last year.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
I know that pull ups doesn't equal hockey strength, but, even as a Trotman supporter, him finishing 1st on that list is something I find shocking.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
I know that pull ups doesn't equal hockey strength, but, even as a Trotman supporter, him finishing 1st on that list is something I find shocking.

I'm more shocked to see Krug that high. Chara doesn't even leave the ground to do a pullup. For these guys to beat him is amazing.

ap3lovr

Dec 31, 2005
New Brunswick
Wonder if Sunday's lineup will be AHL players and rookies.

In the past it has been a mix of both. Though because of changes in the system I wouldn't be overly surprised if they decided to make the bulk of cuts really early and try to get guys into a game type atmosphere early.

The Jersey Number

number nerd
Jul 15, 2010
Halifax
Haven't been able to come across a B's training camp thread yet (if I'm mistaken or blind, feel free to move this to the appropriate thread). But I was just wondering when and\or if someone gets their hands on a numerical listing of the training camp roster (jersey numbers), if they could post it here please? Thanks in advance!

BB88

Jan 19, 2015

Great, remember it too.

This gets me thinking that Pasta and Connolly are our top6 Rw favourites.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad