Post-Game Talk: Bruins 2, Penguins 1 (OT) - And So It Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
Sprong comes back from being scratched, has couple of good games playing in less than ideal for him spot, then gets scratched again, then gets in the lineup to play 4-5 minutes a night to be a benchwarmer. It has been a story with him all season.

Whatever inch of confidence he gets, is getting crushed by Sullivan right away.
Total misusage gives you a broken player.

LOGiK

Nov 14, 2007
I'm upset I missed the game. I could have used a good laugh tonight =/

Reactions: KIRK

Nakawick

Minty Fresh
Apr 5, 2010
The Range
Disappointing game. Sid's line snake bitten, Geno had a nice shot on the PP, but his line was outplayed by Krejci's line. Brassard's line maybe one good shift a period. No push from the back end outside of Letang and a couple from the rest combined. Jarry was solid, yet adventurous.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Sprong comes back from being scratched, has couple of good games playing in less than ideal for him spot, then gets scratched again, then gets in the lineup to play 4-5 minutes a night to be a benchwarmer. It has been a story with him all season.

Maybe he should try scoring a goal and not being on the ice when the other team scores goals

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC

Yup.

And by contrast look to Rust and compare the treatment. If anyone deserves to be getting a fire lit on their butt it's the 3.5 million dollar man. But no, he gets rewarded and Sprong gets shunned.

Mario should step in and fire everyone. Or trade Sully + Rust to Arizona for Tocchet.

Reactions: Ginormousthumbs

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The last play was someone hit him on the boards then he got the puck and shot it then we didn’t see him again.

It didn’t look like anything at the time.

And we’re missing Rust too? What happened there?

DesertPenguin

Apr 22, 2015
Need another D man either as a rental or long term to fill the hole left by Schultz. There's enough guys leftover to form a third pair between Oleksiak, Maatta, Riikola and Ruhwedel. Figure it out.

Guentzel Crosby Hornqvist
Pearson Malkin Kessel
Looks ok for the top 6.

Bottom 6 has pieces that should work but together are less than the sum of their parts. Find guys who work with Brass and then construct the 4th line with guys on thw roster, at WBS or through trade as needed. Bottom 6 guys aren't that tough to aquire.

We need a RHD and something new injected into the bottom 6. Pearson move actually helped a lot by swapping a guy that should be a 3rd liner for a 2nd liner for the top 6

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
I see I upset some Sprong fans in the GDT by saying I'd bench him in the 3rd. :laugh:

Sorry, I care more about the team than any individual player. Sometimes you shorten the bench. What's really amusing is that I'm a Sprong supporter and had literally just said that he needs to keep getting games despite not producing. You guys aren't doing him any favors around here with the Saint Sprong attitude. Just sayin'

Flame away
If you think that 1st goal was on him, then you clearly have little understanding of NHL hockey. He made a late read skating backwards and couldn't stop in time.

Sid does this to every top-pairing defenseman in the game, every single game. He gets guys open for a second or three with his starts/stops almost every shift. They can't bury it from 8 feet, much less 30 like Debrusk did.

That goal was on Jarry. He was way off his angle. It's a shot that NHL goalies stop 98 times out of 100.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
If you think that 1st goal was on him, then you clearly have little understanding of NHL hockey. He made a late read skating backwards and couldn't stop in time.

Sid does this to every top-pairing defenseman in the game, every single game. He gets guys open for a second or three with his starts/stops almost every shift. They can't bury it from 8 feet, much less 30 like Debrusk did.

That goal was on Jarry. He was way off his angle. It's a shot that NHL goalies stop 98 times out of 100.
well, that goal got on books as officially Sprong's, just check the pundits twitter lines...

Reactions: canadianguy77

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010

It wasn’t on him, but he still made a poor read and got caught puck watching.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
nearly broke his leg hitting the boards late in the 3rd

Wow
This team...it’s reminding me of 2014 season except Sid and Geno are a lot older, our forward depth is even worse and the defense is more overpaid while also being worse....other than that, things are going swimmingly....:)

CLB is going to pulverize us tomorrow especially without Horny and Rust...I hope they call up a few WBS players...can’t be any worse than what we’re playing now in the bottom 6...and at least we’ll get to see what we have there

canadianguy77

Apr 20, 2006
It wasn’t on him, but he still made a poor read and got caught puck watching.
And you can say that about every other Penguins player tonight at least once. They didn't get burned though, because Jarry made the saves he was supposed to make.

This wasn't some sort of defensive clinic we put on. They had 37 shots. Almost all of them way more dangerous than the one Debrusk put through.

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016

Sprong did go a little too deep offensively and then didn't recover to pressure Debrusk very well.

But question: yeah Sid and Jake needed a line change, but, is skating lazily to a line change during a period where you have the long change, while your opponent has 100% possession and is in a counterattack with no signs of dumping and changing themselves a good idea?

edit: let me get another vid, NHL YouTube channel is blocking embedding now? something new....idiots

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
And you can say that about every other Penguins player tonight at least once. They didn't get burned though, because Jarry made the saves he was supposed to make.

This wasn't some sort of defensive clinic we put on. They had 37 shots. Almost all of them way more dangerous than the one Debrusk put through.

Don’t disagree. Call it bad luck to some degree, but Sprong still has to bare down and play better. Coach doesn’t like him. Go prove him wrong. I know it’s a tough task but he’s not doing himself any favors.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
Theres just too much suck from the top down.
JR sucked the last 2 summers.
The Sully and Recchi duo has sucked for awhile. Only thing they can hang their hat on is making a hot PP last season.
The depth players the brass have full belief in atm suck.
#1 G has sucked.
And thats not even starting on the D problems.

Only truly real positive thing is Tanger's play which makes all the sucky stuff even more frustrating.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
If we’re without Horny and Rust tomorrow, this is what I would do with the lineup...

Brass-Sid-Simon
Pearson-G-Phil(unfortunately...got to load up top two lines)
Jake-Grant if ready, or Sheahan-Sprong
WBS-Blueger/Lafferty-WBS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad