Post-Game Talk: Bruins 2, Penguins 1 (OT) - And So It Goes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
We have a very pricey blue line that has been playing like dog **** all season.

We have a $6 million winger that can’t complete a pass anymore.

We have Rust with a brand new big contract looking like garbage every night.

But hey, let’s focus on Sprong! He’s somehow responsible for this **** show!!!
5t9gCjX.gif

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
We have a very pricey blue line that has been playing like dog **** all season.

We have a $6 million winger that can’t complete a pass anymore.

We have Rust with a brand new big contract looking like garbage every night.

But hey, let’s focus on Sprong! He’s somehow responsible for this **** show!!!

It's clearly what Sully is focused on....lol. A coach is supposed to help players succeed. Can anyone say that Sully in the last 12 months has done anything but try and damage Sprong.

Last year he benched him after one bad period in Anaheim............ok, if that's the standard. But nope, we saw Kuhn and Rowney get a sweater for the vast majority of the season even though they crapped away games a lot more than Sprong ever did.

I hate Sully. I won't root for the Pens to win until he's gone. IN fact, I will root for a epic losing streak so that he and Recchi will be gone. Recchi is clearly out of his element.

Last edited:

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Also, I am really really hoping the support for Aston-Reese is some horrendous joke that I am misunderstanding.

I'm going to hit the gym and forget I just wasted an hour watching this shit.

Reactions: John Titor

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
This isn't a terrible outcome. We got a point but didn't fool ourselves into thinking that this was even remotely good enough. Have collected 4 out of a possible 6 points in the last 3 games.

I think JR will be working the phones this week to see if there's anything out there.

Ginormousthumbs

Jul 7, 2013
West Side
It's clearly what Sully is focused on....lol. A coach is supposed to help players succeed. Can anyone say that Sully in the last 12 months has done anything but try and damage Sprong.

Last year he benched him after one bad period in Anaheim............ok, if that's the standard. But nope, we saw Kuhn and Rowney get a sweater for the vast majority of the season even though they crapped away games a lot more than Sprong ever did.

I hate Sully. I won't root for the Pens to win until he's gone. IN fact, I will root for a epic losing streak so that he and Recchi will be gone. Recchi is clearly out of his element.

I’m trying the same idea with Mike Tomlin and sadly it’s not working. The only comfort is that I know once the playoffs roll around, he’ll find a way to mess things up.

vodeni

Oct 27, 2010
Pittsburgh
this is the first time in Geno -Sid era that they are playing top level hockey and the team sucks. Half of this is on Jim R., he tied gazzilions on that attrocious defense, and also got a team full of faceless pluggers with zero talent. Than Sully makes some stubborn roster decisions, playing muckers, forcing some line combos that just don't make sense....Kessel should only play with Brass and a vey fast and possession solid LW, Geno should have Rust and Pearson thats three solid lines, also bring at least for two games a whole new fourth line from AHL, TB, or Lafferty, Angello, etc...try to ignite the spark, cause nothing nothing is working right now for the bottom six...

Reactions: ColePens and KIRK

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
I see I upset some Sprong fans in the GDT by saying I'd bench him in the 3rd. :laugh:

Sorry, I care more about the team than any individual player. Sometimes you shorten the bench. What's really amusing is that I'm a Sprong supporter and had literally just said that he needs to keep getting games despite not producing. You guys aren't doing him any favors around here with the Saint Sprong attitude. Just sayin'

Flame away

Reactions: ColePens

EliteGoaltending

Jan 7, 2016
So Pens couldn't beat a depleted Bruins team, with Bruins having zero PPs and a goal called off in a game...

Same old s***.
Rutherford and Sullivan need to get their stuff together like yesterday. Going into the season, I was down on both of them, but still was hoping for better from Sully...well it's only been worse.

Watching how quickly Bruins move the puck out of their zone and how they move it as a unit, made a contrast from watching Sullivan's cluster*** system.

Trades, youth, better coaching overall is needed.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
Didn’t see the game...what th **** happened to Horny? Is there a clip?

SHOOTANDSCORE

Eeny Meeny Miny Moe
Sep 25, 2005
Rust was starting to look like his old self. So of course he got injured.

This could be a really rough stretch without Horny and Rust but forcing them to recall a few guys isn't the worst thing in the world.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
I see I upset some Sprong fans in the GDT by saying I'd bench him in the 3rd. :laugh:

Sorry, I care more about the team than any individual player. Sometimes you shorten the bench. What's really amusing is that I'm a Sprong supporter and had literally just said that he needs to keep getting games despite not producing. You guys aren't doing him any favors around here with the Saint Sprong attitude. Just sayin'

Flame away

Ok, but please explain how and why Rust continually get shoved with Sid?

EightyOne

My posts are jokes. And hockey is just a game.
Nov 23, 2016
Rust was starting to look like his old self. So of course he got injured.

This could be a really rough stretch without Horny and Rust but forcing them to recall a few guys isn't the worst thing in the world.

No matter who they call-up, the team loses a lot of 'grit' and strength.

Not sarcasm.

Ok, but please explain how and why Rust continually get shoved with Sid?

Sullivan lives vicariously through guys like Rust and wants tough kids to get top line minutes.

Possibly sarcasm.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
Didn’t see the game...what th **** happened to Horny? Is there a clip?

The last play was someone hit him on the boards then he got the puck and shot it then we didn’t see him again.

It didn’t look like anything at the time.

Reactions: Andy99

Ryder71

Nov 24, 2017
The last play was someone hit him on the boards then he got the puck and shot it then we didn’t see him again.

It didn’t look like anything at the time.
Horny's a tough cookie though, so because he did miss the rest of the game it is a bit of a concern.

Reactions: Tom Hanks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad