Post-Game Talk: Bruins 1, Lottery 0

Sam Spade

May 4, 2009
Maryland
Pens played great would be nice if someone could score.

Two observations. BB needs something because right now he might as well not even play for all he is contributing.

Lovejoy is not better than Despres.

Last edited:

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
Definitely loved how the Pens played. Just to add to the small discussion going on... why the hell do we always force pucks to the point. I'd rather just shoot from 10-15 feet away and get rebounds. I hate how often we force it to the points. We did it under DB, too.

Coastal Kev

There will be "I told you so's" Bet on it
Feb 16, 2013
The Low Country, SC
Pretty solid game.

Frustrating how crippled the offense is without Sid and/or Geno though.

Nope, not surprising at all. When "some people" here are complaining about the organization, this is exactly what we are referring to. This organization's incompetence is CYA'd by two generational talents. Poor drafting and player development isn't noticed by the casual fan since we win in the regular season.

But make no mistake, the Pens have under achieved the past five years and it's only going to get worse from here on out.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Pens played great would be nice if someone could score.

Two observations. BB needs something because right now he might as well not even play for all he is contributing.

but Lovejoy is a good quote and doesn't drink do drugs gamble well, whatever it is this week.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Definitely loved how the Pens played. Just to add to the small discussion going on... why the hell do we always force pucks to the point. I'd rather just shoot from 10-15 feet away and get rebounds. I hate how often we force it to the points. We did it under DB, too.
Isles are doing that too, even when they are on fire. The difference is that they have the competent shooters at the blueline. We don´t. As much as advertised Ehrhoff´s shot was, it´s so weak now for whatever reason. Martin is terrible offensively too, so weak. Tang doesn´t have a big shot. Pouliot was scratched.. Lovejoy doesn´t have it. Scuderi is laughable. Well, Ian Cole remains..

Frankie Carbone

Mar 13, 2015
The Buckeye State
I'd rather have the sound off or listen to Mike Lange out of sync with the game than listen to those 2 clowns.
I swear that they destroy my brain cells every time I listen to them. Errey is tolerable in small doses but Steiggy is beyond horrible.

Most other teams announcers (French or English) > NBC > no sound > S & E.

Well said LOL!

66-30-33

Jan 24, 2006
Victoria, BC
Watch hockey listening to announcers in Punjabi. I once recorded a hockey game for someone not aware the channel was in Punjabi.

Your Boy Troy

Sep 19, 2013
Brampton, Ontario
I'll give JR some credit, I've liked how Ian Cole has played so far. He makes crisp smooth passes. A hard accurate slap shot from the point. He is one of the few players on the team that doesn't shy away from scrums and fights.

Blame cannot be put onto Greiss for that goal he gave up. It's incredibly difficult to a adjust to a shot that's deflected.

Winnik has been good. Never going to be in favor of the return that Nonis got. However, I am relived that the bottom-six doesn't have a Mark Arcobello or an Andrew Ebbett.

I have never seen a team get pushed around as much as the Pens. It's humiliating. ****ing Marchand was acting like a heavyweight when he got into it with Perron. You know why he does that? Because this team has a reputation of turning the cheek. Not even the referees/linesmen want to do anything about it. Penalties are rarely given out, the linesmen purposely let punks like Marchand and Clutterbuck do whatever they want without any consequences.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002

There is just no question about this. They're both probably #5 d-men on a good team. One on an upswing, one either peaking or on a downswing. Just a colossally bad trade that is going to look lot worse unless Despres suddenly decides to become a Hare Krishna.

I'll give JR some credit, I've liked how Ian Cole has played so far. He makes crisp smooth passes. A hard accurate slap shot from the point. He is one of the few players on the team that doesn't shy away from scrums and fights.

It's why the Despres deal is so weird. The Cole/Bort deal to us is like the Lovejoy/Despres deal to Anaheim. We didn't really have to make a deal, and Cole fills our needs less than Bort, but it was too good to pass up. He looks pretty solid. Maybe he can have a Niskanen/Lovejoy resurgence with us. But even if he does it only slightly lessens the sting of the Lovejoy/Despres deal.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
So, im waking up and sees that Ebbett recalled and Pouliot sent down.

I see why they want Ebbett as insurance. But sending Pouliot down makes no sense. He had 1 bad game. But before that he was looking like one of our better defensemen imo. And seeing how bad the PP is, combined with probably at least one of geno/sid not playing, I don't see how he doesn't have a spot on the 1st PP. ..

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
So, im waking up and sees that Ebbett recalled and Pouliot sent down.

I see why they want Ebbett as insurance. But sending Pouliot down makes no sense. He had 1 bad game. But before that he was looking like one of our better defensemen imo. And seeing how bad the PP is, combined with probably at least one of geno/sid not playing, I don't see how he doesn't have a spot on the 1st PP. ..

There is still a salary cap. Pens can have as many players up as they want, but they still have to be cap compliant until playoffs.

Sending Pouliot down gives the team cap room to bring up Ebbett as insurance if Malkin, Crosby, or both can't play tomorrow. Pens would have to play one forward short or possibly put Malkin or Crosby on IR (which has time restrictions that I am not sure the Pens meet) to keep Pouliot up.

deakka

Nov 6, 2009
Ok. I was thinking that after the deadline there were no limits. I might just have played with 7D instead. Let the forwards rotate a bit (exept Adams, he only plays if everyone else is dead tired). I'm sure one defenseman could take the odd shift on the 4th line if it came to that

drpepper

Dec 10, 2013
Ok. I was thinking that after the deadline there were no limits. I might just have played with 7D instead. Let the forwards rotate a bit (exept Adams, he only plays if everyone else is dead tired). I'm sure one defenseman could take the odd shift on the 4th line if it came to that

The only problem with that is the game against Detroit is already the second of a back to back where the Pens played the previous game down a forward.

They are already going to be tired and being down a forward disadvantages the Pens more than having Pouliot available gives them an advantage.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
Well, speaking about Ryan Wilson and his neverending defending of Chris Kunitz.. when you try to argue with him about Kunitz, you are blocked from his twitter account. It was probably the best possible thing for me, because I couldn´t stand his short-sighted "analyses" anyway. But wtf, is that guy stubborn as hell.

cygnus47

Sep 14, 2013
Well, speaking about Ryan Wilson and his neverending defending of Chris Kunitz.. when you try to argue with him about Kunitz, you are blocked from his twitter account. It was probably the best possible thing for me, because I couldn´t stand his short-sighted "analyses" anyway. But wtf, is that guy stubborn as hell.

You can ignore people you disagree with, you don't have to prove everyone on the internet wrong.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
You can ignore people you disagree with, you don't have to prove everyone on the internet wrong.
And that´s what is Ryan Wilson obsessed to do with his Corsi agenda. He is possessed to prove everyone wrong and claims that Chris Kunitz is a very good hockey player based on those crappy stats. He ignores how many offensive chances he´s missing, how many pucks he´s flubbing etc.. he just sees THAT CORSI. He doesn´t blame Kunitz for missing empty-nets, he praises him for taking a shot attempt in those cases instead. How stupid is that??

He is also using those stats on the players that he has never seen play before, too. Such as Rob Klinkhammer when we traded for him. He didn´t even know him before, but found his Corsi and suddenly was speaking strongly about him... For Ryan Wilson, Klinkhammer is better than Sutter/Spaling. Goc is better than Sutter/Spaling. Kunitz is a legit TOP6-er etc.. Man, do I hate Corsi. It can be helpful in the context, but no way am I judging players based on Corsi and Corsi alone.

Michael8771*

We've scored one goal or less in four of our last six. Crosby or no Crosby that's unacceptable. As far as the territorial play, Visually, I think we more than held our own. We had the chances, we just couldn't finish. Probably deserved a better fate.

Lomez

Too Awesome for Top 100
Mar 29, 2009
PGH, PA
And that´s what is Ryan Wilson obsessed to do with his Corsi agenda. He is possessed to prove everyone wrong and claims that Chris Kunitz is a very good hockey player based on those crappy stats. He ignores how many offensive chances he´s missing, how many pucks he´s flubbing etc.. he just sees THAT CORSI. He doesn´t blame Kunitz for missing empty-nets, he praises him for taking a shot attempt in those cases instead. How stupid is that??

He is also using those stats on the players that he has never seen play before, too. Such as Rob Klinkhammer when we traded for him. He didn´t even know him before, but found his Corsi and suddenly was speaking strongly about him... For Ryan Wilson, Klinkhammer is better than Sutter/Spaling. Goc is better than Sutter/Spaling. Kunitz is a legit TOP6-er etc.. Man, do I hate Corsi. It can be helpful in the context, but no way am I judging players based on Corsi and Corsi alone.

It's dangerous for people who don't watch, understand or have ever played the game. Ryan Wilson is a buffoon.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad