Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

ORRMAN

Dec 3, 2008
That’s the problem exactly. Brandon Carlo on most teams would be a fifth or sixth defenseman. The fact that he elevated to a top slot on our team says everything. Yes, the same Brandan Carlo, who keeps us hemmed in our end time after time inability to win board battles or just clear the zone. Always an adventure when he is on the ice. I miss Peek a hell of a lot more
I agree with you about Carlo, but he has played much better in these playoffs than he did during the regular season. I think Peeke is a much better/safer choice, but I'll take the current version of Carlo, for now.

Today’s Globe:

Sweeney had good news regarding banged-up Bruins Andrew Peeke and Danton Heinen. “I expect everybody at some point in time to be available in this series,” Sweeney noted ...
Fantastic - I love our D-depth with Peeke back! I'm sorry to say that I hope Gryz does not play another shift for this team.

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Charlie Mac looks like he's playing injured

He is taking on too much and seems overwhelmed.

I hope he isn't hurt and has a good game today. Confidence is a real thing.

When Brad hugged him after game 7, he looked like he wanted to cry. go to 2:04 (just click on youtube). Brad gives him an extra-long hug because he knows Charlie is upset.

Last edited:

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Sad that I'm this excited for Heinen to come back, but that's just how this team is constructed. Definitely not a skill guy, but just in terms of having a safe and responsible winger out there for 15 minutes I think it goes a long way.
Heinen isn't without skills. He is a good skater, is smart and seems to be good as a PK guy. He is pretty consistent.

He can play on any line and is happy to do so. For the price he has been very good.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
Heinen isn't without skills. He is a good skater, is smart and seems to be good as a PK guy. He is pretty consistent.

He can play on any line and is happy to do so. For the price he has been very good.
I agree. Just a game of semantics between us it seems.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Heinen close to return​

Danton Heinen skated on a reworked third line with Coyle and Trent Frederic on Saturday, with Montgomery noting that Heinen is close to being cleared and missing the last five games because of injury. “We’ll know more tomorrow for sure to see how he responded in practice,” Montgomery said. “But that’s the best he’s looked in practice.” . . .

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
I saw the thread on the main boards but didn't want to respond due to....you know

But anyone who says he deserves it, or that it was a hockey play, really doesn't enjoy hockey and is a neanderthal....ask yourselves what be you be thinking if it was someone on your team.....or your kid.

I am a bruins fan through and through, but also a hockey fan and that is the kind of crap that deserves a serious suspension....I would not want to see that done to any player, on any team, it doesn't belong in the game

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I saw the thread on the main boards but didn't want to respond due to....you know

But anyone who says he deserves it, or that it was a hockey play, really doesn't enjoy hockey and is a neanderthal....ask yourselves what be you be thinking if it was someone on your team.....or your kid.

I am a bruins fan through and through, but also a hockey fan and that is the kind of crap that deserves a serious suspension....I would not want to see that done to any player, on any team, it doesn't belong in the game
People suck. All good.

I’m shocked that anybody other than Bruins fans will admit it was a punch. Not many, but more than 0! Progress

Also, heavily scrutinized

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia

I know what you are trying to say. It just got the best of me, reading some of the posts on the main board and i made a post (perhaps was a violation of the rules, as I was informed )My apologies. That was a very dirty and scumb bag play that Injured Marchand . A play that has no place in the game. I fine the NHL's lack of response for this very frustrating. Any intentional hit to the head is not something this beautiful game of hockey needs . Fighting is something very different than this

BiteThisBurrows

Feb 11, 2022
F#&kn NHL! They failed to do the right thing and bring Bennett in for a hearing to suspend and fine him!.
The refs failed to even call a penalty or even acknowledge that it happened.
Scrutinize my A$$!
I'm am so done with this League for now!
Like it or not, Marchand is a villain for everybody outside Boston (and their fanbase) and people think he gets what he deserves and so he takes cheap shots all the time. This was more flagrant but it's an old story. It's a bed that he made and has not been able to get out of, even though he's been a boy scout overall for years. (relatively speaking)

Sucks but it is what it is and probably keeps him out of the hall of fame as well.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Like it or not, Marchand is a villain for everybody outside Boston (and their fanbase) and people think he gets what he deserves and so he takes cheap shots all the time. This was more flagrant but it's an old story. It's a bed that he made and has not been able to get out of, even though he's been a boy scout overall for years. (relatively speaking)

Sucks but it is what it is and probably keeps him out of the hall of fame as well.
It's sad but you're probably not far from the truth if not spot on.

bruinsfan1968

May 6, 2019
It's sad but you're probably not far from the truth if not spot on.
No it's not true what they said, Marchand is no villain!
His actions over the years are a result of the NHL not ever having his back, ever!
He only did what he thought he had to do to protect himself from the cheap, dirty shots because the NHL is too busy protecting the true scumbags!
The League has made sure March and never gets any support from the system and this lack of action is proof of that!

Mad-Marcus

Apr 26, 2002
Seacoast, NH
No it's not true what they said, Marchand is no villain!
His actions over the years are a result of the NHL not ever having his back, ever!
He only did what he thought he had to do to protect himself from the cheap, dirty shots because the NHL is too busy protecting the true scumbags!
The League has made sure March and never gets any support from the system and this lack of action is proof of that!
I have loved Marchand since he was in Jrs. but he is no choirboy.
But the NHL makes a good point for never rehabilitating your reputation. Why bother if the "League" is going to hold your history against you even after you grow up.

Reactions: BBruins

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad