Injury Report: Bruins ‘23 - ‘24 Injured List

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
The Bruins officially placed Milan Lucic on long-term injured reserve and called up Oskar Steen from Providence to take his spot. Additionally, Jesper Boqvist was sent back to the Baby Bs.

Lucic took a shot off his right foot eight days ago in the win over the Kings in Los Angeles.

“A couple of weeks,” said Montgomery when asked about a timeline for Lucic, who was seen watching the game Saturday night from the ninth floor of the Garden with a walking boot on his right foot.

Another of the walking wounded, Jakub Lauko, made a quick trip through the dressing room, his left eye still pretty swollen and purple after he took a skate to the face against the Blackhawks Tuesday. Lauko, who posted a selfie with the shiner, was smiling and in good spirits.

“I shouldn’t have told him that people like the scars and cuts,” said Montgomery. “So, he probably published it trying to get more clicks.”

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
Matt Grzelcyk exited with an upper-body injury midway through the first period.

“It’s going to be a couple of weeks, it looks like [on Grzelcyk],” coach Jim Montgomery said.

The Bruins host the Maple Leafs Thursday and will need to replace Grzelcyk.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Matt Grzelcyk exited with an upper-body injury midway through the first period.

“It’s going to be a couple of weeks, it looks like [on Grzelcyk],” coach Jim Montgomery said.

The Bruins host the Maple Leafs Thursday and will need to replace Grzelcyk.
Does anyone have any idea what happened? I saw him go down but didn't have a sense. Hoping, given his history, that it wasn't shoulder.:oops:

The Hockey Tonk Man

May 3, 2007
Toronto
Does anyone have any idea what happened? I saw him go down but didn't have a sense. Hoping, given his history, that it wasn't shoulder.:oops:
I remember seeing him laying on the ice after a whistle in the Bruins zone. That's the last I saw of him. Didn't really see if anything happened though.

Reactions: Number8

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home

Minimum Timeframe: To qualify for LTIR, a player must be expected to be out of the lineup for a minimum of 24 days and 10 NHL games. This ensures that the rule is used only for significant injuries that require a substantial recovery period.

Last edited:

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

Minimum Timeframe: To qualify for LTIR, a player must be expected to be out of the lineup for a minimum of 24 days or 10 NHL games, whichever comes first. This ensures that the rule is used only for significant injuries that require a substantial recovery period.

Wonder if it’s a fractured collarbone

Reactions: hrdpuk

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
Wonder if it’s a fractured collarbone

Ahhhh the memories….

I was in hockey camp one year and this kid gets crunched, one of the coaches kept telling him walk it off….. well skate it off…. Whatever he was saying…. I know we were kids but even I was kinda thinking man I don’t think this kid is ok…. Next day I see the kids mom flipping out in the rink screaming at every and any employee there… turns out the kid broke his collarbone the day before.

Reactions: HustleB

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
Ahhhh the memories….

I was in hockey camp one year and this kid gets crunched, one of the coaches kept telling him walk it off….. well skate it off…. Whatever he was saying…. I know we were kids but even I was kinda thinking man I don’t think this kid is ok…. Next day I see the kids mom flipping out in the rink screaming at every and any employee there… turns out the kid broke his collarbone the day before.
I know someone who broth theirs falling out of a tree.

I'm honestly surprised it doesn't happen more often the way players fall or get crunched along the boards

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I know someone who broth theirs falling out of a tree.

I'm honestly surprised it doesn't happen more often the way players fall or get crunched along the boards
Agree- my brother broke his falling off the bed when we were kids.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Ahhhh the memories….

We used to play tackle football without pads in middle school. A friend of mine broke his left collarbone during one of these games. Literally his first day back after that one healed, he got tackled again and broke the other one. He stopped playing after that.

I still remember it even though it was nearly 25 years ago. He was literally back for like 2 minutes before it happened again.

• Wow
Reactions: Bruinswillwin77

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
So, while I cant go into details ( yet).
Looch is doing better.
My nephew had to meet with him Friday ( Ill say why when Im allowed to).

But his boot is off and no noticeable limp.

PXL_20231101_175632017.jpeg

Sheppy

Nov 23, 2011
The Arctic
Any timeline on Lucic? Would be nice to get him back for the Leafs game on the 2nd of December.

Edit: Just saw Wally's post. That's good to hear.

Reactions: 22Brad Park

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad