Bruin Picks via Mock Drafts

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
Reading that evaluation it's obvious that Zacha's a centre. Not sure how that would work with Krejci, if indeed, he dropped to us at 14.

Love to have him though.
Pretty sure he can play left wing too. I'm still not sure how I feel about him. Some of the scouting reports I've read make it sound like another all the tools but no toolbox type of prospect. Sounds like there are questions regarding his hockey IQ.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
If you have the choice between these players who do you pick? Kyle Connor, Timo Meier, Jansen Harkins, Pavel Zacha, Travis Konecny, Yevgeni Svechnikov or Paul Bittner.

Eddie Munson

This year is my year. I can feel it. ‘86 baby!
Jul 11, 2008
If you have the choice between these players who do you pick? Kyle Connor, Timo Meier, Jansen Harkins, Pavel Zacha, Travis Konecny, Yevgeni Svechnikov or Paul Bittner.

IMO

Pavel Zacha
Timo Meier
Travis Konecny
Kyle Connor
Jansen Harkins
Yevgeni Svechnikov
Paul Bittner

In that order. You can Throw Zboril and Chabot in there between Konecny and Svechnikov if you were to ask about defense as well.

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Oksanen is an overager, he's 22. He's not eligible for the draft. Wouldn't be surprised if he goes back for his senior year and then some team signs him. Not sure of his actual decision yet though.

Would like Bs to sign and send him to Prov, hes big, got some wheels, and shoots a lot. Plenty of upside.

kman22

Apr 11, 2010
Would like Bs to sign and send him to Prov, hes big, got some wheels, and shoots a lot. Plenty of upside.

I was hoping they'd sign him last year as a defenseman, but the transition to forward went better than I could have imagined.

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
IMO

Pavel Zacha
Timo Meier
Travis Konecny
Kyle Connor
Jansen Harkins
Yevgeni Svechnikov
Paul Bittner

In that order. You can Throw Zboril and Chabot in there between Konecny and Svechnikov if you were to ask about defense as well.

Konecny for me out of this group.

If they go D it's Chabot or Roy.

All bets are off though if Barzal is still on the board.

MattFromFranklin

Fire Sweeney and Neely
Jun 19, 2012
Franklin, MA
Picked Jacob Larsson at #37 in the mock draft that I'm in. Love this kid. Think he could be even better than Kylington.

Larsson and Arnesson could be a good pairing somewhere down the line.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Konecny for me out of this group.

If they go D it's Chabot or Roy.

All bets are off though if Barzal is still on the board.

Ultimately I think the top 13 picks are: McDavid, Eichel, Hanafin, Strome, Marner, Crouse, Provorov, Barzal, Werenski, Zacha, Rantanen, Meier, Connor.

If that's the case Boston is looking at: Zboril, Kylington, Chabot, Konecny, Harkins, Merkly, Svechnikov, Bittner.

Out of that group I'd be happy with Konecny, Zboril or Chabot. It's truly a toss up though when looking at that group of 8 players. I probably even missed one or two others who would also be decent candidates for that spot too.

BruinsPortugal

Dec 3, 2009
Portugal
Ultimately I think the top 13 picks are: McDavid, Eichel, Hanafin, Strome, Marner, Crouse, Provorov, Barzal, Werenski, Zacha, Rantanen, Meier, Connor.

If that's the case Boston is looking at: Zboril, Kylington, Chabot, Konecny, Harkins, Merkly, Svechnikov, Bittner.

Out of that group I'd be happy with Konecny, Zboril or Chabot. It's truly a toss up though when looking at that group of 8 players. I probably even missed one or two others who would also be decent candidates for that spot too.

I think Konecny is everything we should want. Amazing skater, amazing skills, amazing worker and full of determination. He is short but the kid can flat out play. For me is a no brainer really.

Give me Konecny in the first and a defenseman with that early second and that draft is a huge win.

HuskyBruinPride

Aug 1, 2011
I think Konecny is everything we should want. Amazing skater, amazing skills, amazing worker and full of determination. He is short but the kid can flat out play. For me is a no brainer really.

Give me Konecny in the first and a defenseman with that early second and that draft is a huge win.
exactly what I have in mind

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005

Toss Jeremy Roy into that mix. He's a very good RD, does pretty much everything very well.

I agree with you on how the Top 13 picks go.

My Top 3 of whose left:

1) Konecny
2) Roy
3) Chabot

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Agree on what the top 13 SHOULD be, but every year in every draft someone reaches for someone unexpectedly. It wouldn't shock me at all if one of those 13 is sitting there available at 14.

Like, it wouldn't shock me if Werenski somehow was there at 14. Not saying it's likely, but it feels like D men always drop in every draft. I mean, in the Dougie year some mocks had us with Bealieau and he wasn't picked until much later.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008

This kid to me just has the "it" factor. Similar size to Drouin when he was drafted so his size doesn't scare me. His hands, skating and shot are top notch and I feel like he's jsut too good to pass on at 14 if he's there (barring a drop from someone).

Would love Pilon with that 37th pick but would be curious if any of those late first round defensemen slide down that far.

Eddie Munson

Jul 11, 2008
Agree on what the top 13 SHOULD be, but every year in every draft someone reaches for someone unexpectedly. It wouldn't shock me at all if one of those 13 is sitting there available at 14.

Like, it wouldn't shock me if Werenski somehow was there at 14. Not saying it's likely, but it feels like D men always drop in every draft. I mean, in the Dougie year some mocks had us with Bealieau and he wasn't picked until much later.

It's always a possibility. All you can do is speculate until all is said and done. I'd be ecstatic if Werenski, Provorov, Crouse or Barzal slip. Someone always seems to every year.

I'm just afraid the good old boy's club in charge right now are far too in love with the old Big Bad Bruins mantra and pull a 2003 and pick Carlo. I hope my fears are just a nightmare and not reality. IMO, If the B's want to start turning this ship around it starts with nailing the first two picks in this draft!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
It's always a possibility. All you can do is speculate until all is said and done. I'd be ecstatic if Werenski, Provorov, Crouse or Barzal slip. Someone always seems to every year.

I'm just afraid the good old boy's club in charge right now are far too in love with the old Big Bad Bruins mantra and pull a 2003 and pick Carlo. I hope my fears are just a nightmare and not reality. IMO, If the B's want to start turning this ship around it starts with nailing the first two picks in this draft!

For a team that's not rebuilding and doesn't expect to pick as high as #14 in the next several drafts, it's crucial that the Bruins get a legitimate Top 9 forward or Top 4 D-man from their 1st rounder. They cannot afford to whiff on this pick.

I hope a team #13 and below takes a flyer on a guy they like but is rated a bit lower so one of those top 13 guys can drop to the Bruins.

Boston can't afford to get cute here and either take a guy off the board a bit with the 14th pick, or trade that pick for a late 1st and add a 2nd rounder.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
From scouting reports and eyewitnesses, Konecny reminds me of the Carolina's Skinner. Jeff, though, is a bit bigger at 5'11" 200lbs. Room for him to grow.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
From scouting reports and eyewitnesses, Konecny reminds me of the Carolina's Skinner. Jeff, though, is a bit bigger at 5'11" 200lbs. Room for him to grow.

Seems to me he's more tenacious. More of a poor man's Taylor Hall.

Sounds like he has a tonne of competitiveness, which isn't something I'd say about Skinner.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
I would be thrilled if we got Konecny at #14 and at #37 a D like Carlo, Meloche, Kylington or Larsson. If we somehow get the Oilers second round pick this year as well and if he is still there I would take Goalie Mackenzie Blackwood, I think he will be better than the young goalies we have now even Subban. Then deal Subban for a couple second round picks and add even more solid depth.

I think Konecny is a Patrick Kane 2.0 with more grit.

Beesfan

Apr 10, 2006
I would be thrilled if we got Konecny at #14 and at #37 a D like Carlo, Meloche, Kylington or Larsson. If we somehow get the Oilers second round pick this year as well and if he is still there I would take Goalie Mackenzie Blackwood, I think he will be better than the young goalies we have now even Subban. Then deal Subban for a couple second round picks and add even more solid depth.

:laugh: So basically a future MVP of the League? I love Konecny though. I think he's a slightly taller, right shooting Brad Marchand. If we don't take Chabot, I want him.

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston

Can't argue with this logic. I also think that the majority of D prospects that are projected to go in the first round are slightly smaller, more mobile guys. I think there are going to be plenty of big, reliable (slightly more traditional) Dmen available in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

617Marine

Aug 17, 2012
Boston

I like this comparison...

https://www.todaysslapshot.com/nhl-...raft-2015-projecting-the-1st-and-2nd-round/4/

"picture Ryan Callahan’s motor with TJ Oshie’s hands and you’ll get an idea of how fun this kid is to watch."

ashnathan

Apr 22, 2014
Australia
Travis Konecny's Player Profile

Konecny is a prototypical Brian Kilrea type player in the mould of former Ottawa 67’s such as Alyn McCauley, Logan Couture, Mike Peca, and Sean Monahan. Konecny is a highly skilled player, but what has also made him valuable is his leadership, intensity and determination.

Konecny (pronounced Koh-Neck-Knee) was the first overall pick in the OHL draft in 2013 by Ottawa and in his rookie season he scored 70 points in 63 games played en route to winning the Rookie of the year award. Konecny was then named the Captain of team Canada at the Ivan Hlinka tournament where he scored six points in five games to lead Canada to the Gold Medal. In his draft year he has assumed the Captaincy of the Ottawa 67’s and scored 29 goals and 39 assists for 68 points in 60 games.

The high water mark for Konecny this season came at the top prospects game. Konecny stole the show scoring two goals, one assist and delivering a big time hit playing on a line with Connor McDavid and Timo Meier.

Konecny describes himself as a playmaker with skill, that’s reliable at both ends of the ice. The focus this season for Konecny has been to refine his defensive game while still providing offense. He has breakaway speed and great vision and possesses the ability to make plays or shoot while at top speed making him a dynamic offensive player. Despite his smaller size, he plays a physical style of game and is not afraid to deliver big hits and go into high traffic areas which make him a game breaker calibre player.
Profile from: Peter Harling - Apr. 3rd

Travis has a blend of skill, physical play and determination that reminds one of Pat Verbeek. Like Pat, Travis can score and he can do so with a shot from out or determination around the net. He asserts physically and he does not get pushed off puck or out of his space and will punish opponents. Doesn't let himself be denied and he plays with smarts and an intensity that allows him to make a 'dent' in the game

----------------------------------------

A skilled forward who is a threat in all three zones…has great speed and quickness with tremendous feet and balance on his edges; great agility…very flashy with the puck, but smart…able to create space for himself with his quickness and his vision…impressive puck-distributing skills…moves the puck very well and is constantly able to set up his linemates with excellent chances…possesses a hard shot with a deceptive release…effort level is terrific each shift as he is a hard worker and high-compete player…hits, battles and plays hard defensively; always involved…fun player to watch and is already one of the OHL’s most dangerous scorers. (August 2014)

sign me up

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad