Bruin Picks via Mock Drafts

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
No chance Bruins draft a Russian in the first round. I wouldn't either. I hope Barzal is gone before the Bruins pick. Has a Zach Hamill feel to me. Just my opinion. Not a fan of Barzal obviously.

When you watch Konecny he has that killer goal scoring instinct that the Bruins really need.

If the Bruins do not select Konecny I hope Kylington is the pick, or the real dream would be if Werenski falls to #14.

Hamill in his dreams and fantasies while skating around with the puck doesn't even have the skills, speed, and elite hockey sense that Barzal has.

Barzal is elite and will be elite.

Dicky113

Oct 30, 2007
I missed it, someone said that?

Man I don't know what it would take to get Ekblad, probably something like Hamilton + Pastrnak. It would be tough.

Hahaha.

The guy was legitimate 1D in his first season as a teenager. He is as untouchable as mcdavid. Offering them an unproven forward and a defenseman who is starting to look like he has major flaws is laughable.

RedeyeRocketeer

Jan 11, 2012
Canada
Hahaha.

The guy was legitimate 1D in his first season as a teenager. He is as untouchable as mcdavid. Offering them an unproven forward and a defenseman who is starting to look like he has major flaws is laughable.

I'm not disagreeing. But it would start there and probably need more. Anyway we agree it's way more than Krejci.

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
My fantasy draft would have Timo Meier drop to us at #14. Then, Edmonton moves its second rounder (#33) to us and we select Jacub Zboril. With the Philly pick it's either Al Dergachev, Rasmus Andersson or Denis Guryanov.

Russians are a risk, no doubt, but look at Panarin and Tikhonov (Sp) who want to play in the NHL, the former on a two year ELC, after performing in the KHL.

bbfan419

Jul 3, 2006
Moncton NB
One guy the Bruins should consider in the second round if he is availabe at #37 is Dennis Yan, very underrated, the kid can play.

rcduthie77

Mar 31, 2007
Hamilton, Ontario
My fantasy draft would have Timo Meier drop to us at #14. Then, Edmonton moves its second rounder (#33) to us and we select Jacub Zboril. With the Philly pick it's either Al Dergachev, Rasmus Andersson or Denis Guryanov.

Russians are a risk, no doubt, but look at Panarin and Tikhonov (Sp) who want to play in the NHL, the former on a two year ELC, after performing in the KHL.

Draft Dergachev or Guryanov, then sign Panarin &/or Tikhonov and I'd be VERY happy.

Like both the potential draft picks, size, speed, skill and both have performed in professional leagues.

Panarin has explosive offensive potential & Tikhonov can play both ends of the rink with a bit of grit tossed in.

Also keep an eye on Fillip Ahl, hes plummeting down draft boards for some unknown reason (at least to me). If he's available in the 3rd round he could be a tremendous pickup. 6'4'' 200+ at 18 years old with a good stat line in both juniors and pros in Sweden.

Dr Quincy

Jun 19, 2005
Draft Dergachev or Guryanov, then sign Panarin &/or Tikhonov and I'd be VERY happy.

Like both the potential draft picks, size, speed, skill and both have performed in professional leagues.

Panarin has explosive offensive potential & Tikhonov can play both ends of the rink with a bit of grit tossed in.

Also keep an eye on Fillip Ahl, hes plummeting down draft boards for some unknown reason (at least to me). If he's available in the 3rd round he could be a tremendous pickup. 6'4'' 200+ at 18 years old with a good stat line in both juniors and pros in Sweden.

I think Ahl is a guy who has size but doesn't always use it, isn't a great skater and has questionable offensive upside. I think he's a safe bet to be a player in the league, but is he more than a 3rd liner? Sometimes players like him do blossom and you get Jamie Benn. Sometimes you get Mikko Lehtonen.

FrankBruins

Sep 5, 2010
Montreal, Quebec
Believe it's pronounced "pee-lon". Would be a problem, though, if the "l" were missing. ;)

Actually the play on words Pilon/pylon is less of a stretch in French than in English if you pronounce his name right!

It's really pronounced [pilɔ̃] if you can read international phonetic alphabet, whereas you transcribed it as [pi:lɔ:n] so it's more like a short "pee" than a long, and the "on" sound is pronounced as vowel, with no consonant articulation at the end. It is called a nasal vowel, which English doesn't have. Think of the "on" in "Bonjour"! ;)

Last edited:

slim399

May 1, 2002
Boston
Visit site

Ratty

Feb 2, 2003
Rive Gauche
Visit site
http://www.mynhldraft.com/2015/NHL-Draft-Profiles/Pavel-Zacha

This has him the most NHL ready center behind McEichel.

Would love having an offensive line like that and then a Lucic-Bergeron-Marchand to go against teams top line. Eriksson-Spooner-Connolly would be a solid 3rd line
Reading that evaluation it's obvious that Zacha's a centre. Not sure how that would work with Krejci, if indeed, he dropped to us at 14.

Love to have him though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad