Rumor: Bruce Speculation Thread (Dreger: Andrew Brunette?)

BoHorvat 53

What's a god to a Kane
Dec 9, 2014
None of the insiders have had anything right with the team yet.

So let's not get worked up with the latest shit thrown at the wall. Especially not Darren Dreger who's fallen down a notch or two in the rumor breaking department. (Or a hack like Dave Pagnotta for the matter, who I think guessed one thing right and parlayed it into an insider tag.)

This goes deeper than insiders lol the f***ing president of the organization is going on local radio stations to shit on the head coach, there is absolutely smoke here regarding Boudreau getting fired/those being potential replacements because we're in the middle of the season.

• Love
Reactions: m9 and PuckMunchkin

Kevinsane

Kraken up.
Apr 11, 2022
Dawson Creek, BC
I don’t think it’s an either/or situation. One can agree that Boudreau is a good coach and still wonder why he makes the roster decisions he does.

It’s not an uninformed take to wonder why Burroughs and Podkolzin are sitting when the plan was to get younger.

It’s not an uninformed take to wonder why Demko is sitting because he’s off his game but Stillman starts despite looking like he’s lost on the ice.

It’s not an uninformed take to wonder why Andrei Kuzmenko, a player who CHOSE this team, isn’t getting prime minutes when the goal should be to keep him happy if the club hopes to resign him.

I’d take a sometimes frustrating Boudreau over the best of Yeo or Cull if the goal remains to win.
If the season is indeed lost, and conceded as such by the front office, you’re still left with the dichotomy of the need to develop the younger players and a head coach with an expiring contract that justifiably isn’t too concerned right now with the future.

Add in an owner with a verified history of meddling and it’s not even a case of whether everyone’s on the same page. Are they even reading from the same book?

me2

Go ahead foot
Jun 28, 2002
Make my day.
With the way some of the posters are posting right now it would be embarrassing to many in this forum.

Many of us ARE hockey savvy and know that it is not the coach, this coach did great last year, he didn't forget how over the summer.

Calling for his head on a team that has less than a 5% chance at the playoffs, a team that has so many problems is stupid, plain and simply stupid.

When Pettersson states he will not sign a long term deal that's the time he may be traded because this team cannot be fixed in 17 months and he already said he sign for 3 years to see where the team was at. Even if Demko wins the Vezina the team isn't good enough.

It is just so embarrassing to see "Fire Boudreau" over and over again. OR the lamenting on Rutherford not doing anything when is not his job, it is the GM's job.

All that has happened if Rutherford created and excuse to distract fans from an Alvin mistake. If he was truly as pissed off as he seems to be in the media Alvin's name or the state of the team by cap or lack of moves.

1280648480-Funny-kermit-the-frog-cartoon.jpg

Rutherford talking to Allvin

Vector

Feb 2, 2007
Junktown

This is the best we can get!?

I had posted the two accounts he retweeted earlier but deleted the post. It’s dumb. One is from an account made this month and the other is some dude pretending to have insider info. Two made-up stories are not multiple accounts.

Taj completely lost the plot and is angry that his stupid #Tajplan didn’t come to fruition.

It’s fully possible Tocchet is there guy and I’ll be extremely disappointed. His coaching record is just Travis Green with a different coat of paint. Plus there’s the constantly ignored gambling issue.

Reactions: Pastor Of Muppetz

alternate

Win the week!
Jun 9, 2006
victoria
With the way some of the posters are posting right now it would be embarrassing to many in this forum.

Many of us ARE hockey savvy and know that it is not the coach, this coach did great last year, he didn't forget how over the summer.

Calling for his head on a team that has less than a 5% chance at the playoffs, a team that has so many problems is stupid, plain and simply stupid.

When Pettersson states he will not sign a long term deal that's the time he may be traded because this team cannot be fixed in 17 months and he already said he sign for 3 years to see where the team was at. Even if Demko wins the Vezina the team isn't good enough.

It is just so embarrassing to see "Fire Boudreau" over and over again. OR the lamenting on Rutherford not doing anything when is not his job, it is the GM's job.

It is the team, the player mix, being capped out, having anchor contracts.

Maybe that is just all too much for these posters, one thing at a time posters, 128 character posters, children, to understand. Those are the posters that give the rest a bad reputation because they are used, USED like toilet paper, as click bait, and make the majority of the smart fans look like them, childish.

What has Bruce done to deserve this anger?
All that has happened if Rutherford created and excuse to distract fans from an Alvin mistake. If he was truly as pissed off as he seems to be in the media Alvin's name or the state of the team by cap or lack of moves.
No defence and Rutherford just says they couldn't get it done, "they" being the GM and assistants so he rants about "structure" and training camp. The training camp is only so long, CBA rules. If the players came in out of shape or not ready how is that Bruce's fault? How can Bruce be held accountable for the bad group of players? Bruce didn't trade for Stillman but he has to play him. Same with the rest.
He has to play Miller to death to make the extension seem to be a good thing. Maybe over playing clause guys is a method of helping them decide to waive.

So you don't think Darryl Sutter for example would get better results with this group? Or maybe you're one of those super savvy hockey fans that think the coach has next to zero impact on the way the team performs?

Bruce was a breath of fresh air last season, no question. Also pretty clear at this point Boudreau and this coaching staff aren't the right fit.

There's absolutely flaws with the roster. But I strongly disagree with the idea we should just accept a bad fit behind the bench until we get a perfect roster.

It's fully possible to believe that BB is a bad fit, and that this roster needs to be improved.

But if Tochett is their answer, fml.

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
Tocchet is completely incompetent.
I had posted the two accounts he retweeted earlier but deleted the post. It’s dumb. One is from an account made this month and the other is some dude pretending to have insider info. Two made-up stories are not multiple accounts.

Taj completely lost the plot and is angry that his stupid #Tajplan didn’t come to fruition.

It’s fully possible Tocchet is there guy and I’ll be extremely disappointed. His coaching record is just Travis Green with a different coat of paint. Plus there’s the constantly ignored gambling issue.

Tocchet never spent any time as a head coach prior to his NHL gigs (which were both disasters) and he was not a noted special teams assistant in Pittsburgh, which is supposed to be his signature achievement. His 'style' is poorly imitating Mike Sullivan and he has no ability to adjust, between games or especially in-between periods.

Andre Tourigny has been so much better it's kind of disgusting that Tocchet lasted as long as he did in AZ. I really hope for the sake of the league and you guys that Tocchet is not the guy. Seattle dodged him and I'm hoping Vancouver does too.

Petey But Really Jim

I lejdjejejejejjejejjdjdjjdjdjdndndnnddndhdjdjdndd
Sponsor
May 3, 2021
I don’t think it’s an either/or situation. One can agree that Boudreau is a good coach and still wonder why he makes the roster decisions he does.

It’s not an uninformed take to wonder why Burroughs and Podkolzin are sitting when the plan was to get younger.

It’s not an uninformed take to wonder why Demko is sitting because he’s off his game but Stillman starts despite looking like he’s lost on the ice.

It’s not an uninformed take to wonder why Andrei Kuzmenko, a player who CHOSE this team, isn’t getting prime minutes when the goal should be to keep him happy if the club hopes to resign him.

I’d take a sometimes frustrating Boudreau over the best of Yeo or Cull if the goal remains to win.
If the season is indeed lost, and conceded as such by the front office, you’re still left with the dichotomy of the need to develop the younger players and a head coach with an expiring contract that justifiably isn’t too concerned right now with the future.

Add in an owner with a verified history of meddling and it’s not even a case of whether everyone’s on the same page. Are they even reading from the same book?
the left hand is trying to take water away from migrant workers, and it’s wondering why it has no help. meanwhile the right hand is raining punches down on a five year old.

Pastor Of Muppetz

Oct 1, 2017

This is the best we can get!?

Rick Tocchet is not the right coach for this group...I remember when Torts was hired by the Canucks..It instantly felt like an awkward fit..Tocchet would be the same.

I'm still holding out hope that Boudreau pulls through this crappy start...“You want to run through a brick wall for him.” Quinn Hughes.

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Rick Tocchet is not the right coach for this group...I remember when Torts was hired by the Canucks..It instantly felt like an awkward fit..Tocchet would be the same.

I'm still holding out hope that Boudreau pulls through this crappy start...“You want to run through a brick wall for him.” Quinn Hughes.
how is this not a perfect group to try an ass kicker coach on?

Petey But Really Jim

Sponsor
May 3, 2021
Tocchet is FAQ's kinda guy. He would be perfect for this team... perfectly awful. A one man tank.
if one signing could simultaneously get OEL to demand out(i know executing a deal is another story, but the NMC is a problem in and of itself) and be a disaster on ice wise? holy crap yes please?

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I thought this might interest all of you in regards to Rutherfords comments.

Jose Theodore was on a podcast with Ribeiro, Latendresse, Dagenais and Max Lapierre a few months ago. He famously didn't get along with Boudreau. He still called him a "good coach", but to be honest it sounded a bit ironic within the context (he was blasting him before, only to end with "he's a good coach" while turning his head away). What he did mention though was how disorganized Boudreau was, basically saying the players could do whatever they wanted.

Reactions: MarkusNaslund19

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003
Tocchet would actually not be a bad Keenan analog and would jive with this actually being the darkest timeline since ‘97. And oh look, we’re going to trade the captain again.

The good news is if the comparison holds, we should be near the end of this shit show and the next rotation may actually bring the return of respectable Canucks hockey.

That is after everyone currently associated with the coaching staff and front office is fired.

RutherPlan

Jan 2, 2022
I don't think there will be any firing of the coach this year, they will do a full court press in the offseason. Brunette should be top priority now, anything he touches turns into a monster team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad