duh, thanks!
IMG_20211213_213655.jpg

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
He was asked about it.

If he had said "no comment" the media would have had a field day speculating about Cassidy's attitude towards DeBrusk & the situation. I think he wasn't being unprofessional or even critical of DeBrusk. If anything, I think with the Tomlin quote he was registering his displeasure that the Bruins have failed to deal JDB already.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
Perhaps no need to even discuss Debrusk when Debrusk has been one of the better Bruins all season, especially of late.

If it is responding to a pointed question about his relationship with Jake, that continues to be quite damning of the coach.

Bruce needs to get back to focusing on his own work and leading the team. His act of calling out players to the media is tiring. Hold them accountable in other ways.

I would have to disagree with this.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Bruce quoted Steeler's coach Mike Tomlin and the gist of it is that ideally it would be best if they had guys who want to be in the organization but that Jake is doing what he needs to do and handling things professionally and that it isn't a distraction to the room.

Nothing wrong with what he said whatsoever.
I know that as one ages we fall prey to the old "I had to walk to school up hill both ways" mindset.

HOWEVER, if what Cassidy said there is a bit too edgy or harsh, then whoever's feeling get hurt over that would not have done well at all in the era/area/aura that I grew up in. I agree @Alicat..... Good Lord that's the definition of soft to be upset over that.

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
When I hear crap like "Twitter explodes!!!!!" I honestly wish that were true.
Please do explode, along with Facebook and Zuckerberg's weird head.
Bless you.

Went to a nice sushi dinner in Boston last weekend. Sitting near us was a young kid who looked and behaved like Logan Paul (I only know who that asshole is because he fought Mayweather and I was torn to decide who I wanted to lose most). At one point his equally dick-like friend took a video of him with chopsticks sticking out of his mouth and making a pose like he was the most bad ass gangsta rapper from Compton you ever saw (this dork was a white as snow, by the way). Snoop and Dr. Dre would have absolutely cringed.

Anyway, I knew this shit was going to end up on tic toc, or twitter, or some similar brain cell killing method of broadcasting garbage of absolutely zero value.

As I often find myself doing these days, I just mourned for the world just a little bit.

I miss the days when people with virtually nothing at all to add to the world lacked a venue to broadcast their vapid thoughts.

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
the media…boy I tell ya

not a huge Cassidy fan but if that’s sounding off then good god we’ve gotten soft

In truth though it’s just the media doing what the media does

I’ll tell you what, best thing we could do as a nation regardless of political opinion is band together against this fast food drama loving reality tv mentality and tell the media to f*** off when we smell bullshit

I've come to believe it really depends where a person lives in the country as far as media reporting goes and what they push. I lived my first 40 years in and around the Foxboro area and the last 20 years in northwestern central Florida and I can tell you there is definitely a difference in the way both sports and politics are reported based on where you live. You don't really notice it if just visiting and I didn't really notice until after living here 5 - 10 years and visiting back to Massachusetts a few times, but there is definitely a difference.

Down here sports is largely a leisure pastime (unless it's college football) and at least where I live personal politics is centered around - God, family, country, the constitution, 1st and 2nd amendments - don't mess with it, everything else is just political agenda.

But like anywhere - the media loves to push its point of view and stir up controversy as that is what drives ratings ... so yeah you learn to sift out the manure, do your own research and think for yourself. I have lived 60 years and definitely in last 12 - 24 months people have become so fractured, critical, self-centered, and overly sensitive that someone my age has to be careful what they say even if its an encouragement or compliment for fear of reprimand.

So as far as Cassidy commenting on players under-performing he might be better served not saying anything publicly. Rather, praise and build up what the team does well. But with the way things are perceived and what the media wants to push even doing something like that may get him into trouble ... a damned if I do, damned if I don't scenario.

Reactions: BMC

RussellmaniaKW

Sep 15, 2004
I have no problem with Bruce answering questions about Debrusk, but I think the problem is the "color" he adds. This is the one case where I want him to give a dry, rote hockey answer. "Jake is a great kid and teammate and is being very professional about this. I have no issues with his effort or commitment right now". That's all he needs to say. Jake has asked for a trade. That's a front office issue. Bruce just needs to address the hockey side of things and right now Jake is doing his job. Nothing more needs to be said about it.

Instead he leads with the Tomlin quote which is basically saying "we want guys who want to be here", which makes everything he says after about Jake being a pro feel like a backhanded compliment. Taken in total it wouldn't take much for a reporter to paraphrase his response as "Jake is handling this well but he obviously doesn't want to be here".

It's just an unnecessary layer for Bruce to add to his answer. Part of his job is to represent the team and the organization and right now the best thing for all involved is to make this situation seem as not-desperate as possible. Any little hint that there's friction just gives other teams leverage in a deal and has the potential to piss off the player and make the situation worse.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Bless you.

Went to a nice sushi dinner in Boston last weekend. Sitting near us was a young kid who looked and behaved like Logan Paul (I only know who that asshole is because he fought Mayweather and I was torn to decide who I wanted to lose most). At one point his equally dick-like friend took a video of him with chopsticks sticking out of his mouth and making a pose like he was the most bad ass gangsta rapper from Compton you ever saw (this dork was a white as snow, by the way). Snoop and Dr. Dre would have absolutely cringed.

Anyway, I knew this shit was going to end up on tic toc, or twitter, or some similar brain cell killing method of broadcasting garbage of absolutely zero value.

As I often find myself doing these days, I just mourned for the world just a little bit.

I miss the days when people with virtually nothing at all to add to the world lacked a venue to broadcast their vapid thoughts.

Did you yell at any clouds on the way home?

Number8

Oct 31, 2007
Did you yell at any clouds on the way home?
Nah, but I did see a wicked cool picture of Kim Kardashian petting a giraffe wearing a gold lame thong (giraffe, not Kimmy) while Kanye West changed is name to "immentallyunstableandneedhelpbutjustcantshutmyf***ingtrap". It's a mouthful, I know, but the kids will like it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad