Boston Bruins Bruce is back but the B's have some 'testing issues'

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
The Bruins had their head coach back on Monday, as Bruce Cassidy returned to the ice after his time in the NHL's COVID Protocol. Cassidy said he had a few bad days with some bad headaches, but was happy with the job done by Joe Sacco, his staff and Boston players during his absence.

Connor Clifton, John Moore, and Linus Ullmark missed practice due to “testing issues” today, hopeful they’re back tomorrow.

Brad Marchand and Patrice Bergeron had maintenance days.​

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW

sarge88

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 29, 2003
Whatever is going on with Covid/testing is screwy right now.

Three weeks or so back, both of my kids (18 & 21) had bad head colds -- both tested negative for Covid. Tuesday before TG, I started with the same symptoms and figured it was the same cold they had. By Saturday I had a fever and tested positive for Covid -- my daughter tested positive two days later.

Last Tuesday my sister in law started feeling lousy and tested positive. My brother and the 3 kids tested negative, even though my 12 year old nephew also felt lousy. A couple of days later he tested negative again, but my brother developed symptoms and tested positive and the 10 and 8 year old also tested positive, although they had no symptoms. Finally on Saturday the oldest (the only kid with symptoms) finally tested positive.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario

Three weeks or so back, both of my kids (18 & 21) had bad head colds -- both tested negative for Covid. Tuesday before TG, I started with the same symptoms and figured it was the same cold they had. By Saturday I had a fever and tested positive for Covid -- my daughter tested positive two days later.

Last Tuesday my sister in law started feeling lousy and tested positive. My brother and the 3 kids tested negative, even though my 12 year old nephew also felt lousy. A couple of days later he tested negative again, but my brother developed symptoms and tested positive and the 10 and 8 year old also tested positive, although they had no symptoms. Finally on Saturday the oldest (the only kid with symptoms) finally tested positive.
I think it always has been hasn’t it?

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Bruins Schedule, December 13 - 19
Monday, December 13
(Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Bruce Cassidy and select players available to the media after practice
Tuesday, December 14 (Boston, MA)
-Pregame skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Bruce Cassidy and select players available to the media after pregame skate
-Game vs. Vegas Golden Knights, 7 p.m. (TD Garden, Boston, MA, NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)
-Bruce Cassidy and select players available to the media after the game
Wednesday, December 15 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 11:30 a.m.
-Travel to New York
Thursday, December 16 (UBS Arena, Elmont, NY)
-Pregame skate, 11:30 a.m. (UBS Arena, Elmont, NY)
-Game at New York Islanders, 7:30 p.m. (UBS Arena, Elmont, NY, NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)
-Travel to Montreal
Friday, December 17 (Bell Centre, Montreal, QC)
-Practice, 12 p.m. (Bell Centre, Montreal, QC)
Saturday, December 18 (Bell Centre, Montreal, QC)
-Pregame skate, 11:30 a.m.
-Game at Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (Bell Centre, Montreal, QC, NESN, NHLN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)
-Travel to Ottawa
Sunday, December 19 (Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, ON)
-Pregame skate, TBD

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
Bruins Schedule, December 13 - 19
Monday, December 13
(Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
Tuesday, December 14 (Boston, MA)
-Pregame skate, 11 a.m. (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Game vs. Vegas Golden Knights, 7 p.m. (TD Garden, Boston, MA, NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)
Wednesday, December 15 (Warrior Ice Arena, Brighton, MA)
-Practice, 11:30 a.m.
-Travel to New York
Thursday, December 16 (UBS Arena, Elmont, NY)
-Pregame skate, 11:30 a.m. (UBS Arena, Elmont, NY)
-Game at New York Islanders, 7:30 p.m. (UBS Arena, Elmont, NY, NESN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)
-Travel to Montreal
Friday, December 17 (Bell Centre, Montreal, QC)
-Practice, 12 p.m. (Bell Centre, Montreal, QC)
Saturday, December 18 (Bell Centre, Montreal, QC)
-Pregame skate, 11:30 a.m.
-Game at Montreal Canadiens, 7 p.m. (Bell Centre, Montreal, QC, NESN, NHLN, 98.5 The Sports Hub)
-Travel to Ottawa
Sunday, December 19 (Canadian Tire Centre, Ottawa, ON)
-Pregame skate, TBD
Be still my heart. 3 games in 1 week. This can't be real.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus

With more and more virus variants going around, perhaps the testing is starting to struggle more to identify what is Covid and what is not. I have no scientific evidence for that, but just a thought.

I hope everyone in your family recovers quickly.

Reactions: sarge88

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
With more and more virus variants going around, perhaps the testing is starting to struggle more to identify what is Covid and what is not. I have no scientific evidence for that, but just a thought.

I hope everyone in your family recovers quickly.

Might also be the kind of tests? From what I understand Rapid Antigen tests are faster (and cheaper) but less sensitive, while PCR tests are more sensitive?

HumBucker

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 7, 2005
Toronto
While Cassidy was absent, I kept thinking... just like when players are sitting out and watching the games from a different perspective – whether "up on the 9th floor" or on TV – I wonder if the same change of perspective is good for coaches?

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
While Cassidy was absent, I kept thinking... just like when players are sitting out and watching the games from a different perspective – whether "up on the 9th floor" or on TV – I wonder if the same change of perspective is good for coaches?
Nope. His mouth didn’t improve. No need for the earlier comment about DB.

Cronuss

Feb 19, 2007
NH

Omicron is probably already moving around the country, and many people don't know they have it or have mild symptoms and sometimes it isn't getting picked up on tests.

Reactions: Gordoff

shelbysdad

Nov 21, 2006
Red Hook, NY
37 NFLers tested positive today. Sports could be in trouble the next few months

I was 12-2 in FF this year, if Covid screws my eventual championship I will not be happy

Me too 11-3

I was able get Johnathon Taylor at 14 and Cooper Cupp in 4th round.
He better not get it from those other rams
Funny thing is we are in 14 team league.

My daughter finished 1 (again) me 2, my wife 4. I gave them no help

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Cassidy is coming back ? Wtf

no way they get 5 points West Coast trip with him

Frederic looks like a legit player with Sacco

Ullmark plays like a stud NOT THE GUY CASSIDY PUBLICALLY CALLED OUT EARLIER IN SEASON

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad