Boston Bruins Bruce is back but the B's have some 'testing issues'

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Why, what did he say?
Bruce quoted Steeler's coach Mike Tomlin and the gist of it is that ideally it would be best if they had guys who want to be in the organization but that Jake is doing what he needs to do and handling things professionally and that it isn't a distraction to the room.

Nothing wrong with what he said whatsoever.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy sounds off on goaltender Linus Ullmark

Who hasn’t Cassidy called out?

McAvoy & Swayman- probably Marchand

I gotta think they are not fans of him

I feel Cassidy sends mixed signals with certain things. On one hand, he's said before he feels it's basically the players job to motivate each other/themselves but then calls them out in the media to what I assume is to motivate them via public criticism to the point where it's an overplayed card. On one hand he says he's ok with players fighting and playing physical but benched Frederic for playing " out of control " and called him out in the media for making the fighting about himself. It's gotten to the point where the players on the team that can drop the gloves ( whether they're good at it is irrelevant ) seem confused on whether or not they should. No response to Bergeron being run several times this year should not be tolerated - it's not just the captain of the team, but Bergeron, a Bruins living legend who they all love. Something is stopping them and I can't see it coming from the players.

I don't hate Cassidy and I think overall he's taken this team as far as it can go in regards to wins/losses during his tenure. But I think it's time for a new voice, new team mantra, new direction in terms of what's important to them as a team.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bruce quoted Steeler's coach Mike Tomlin and the gist of it is that ideally it would be best if they had guys who want to be in the organization but that Jake is doing what he needs to do and handling things professionally and that it isn't a distraction to the room.

Perhaps no need to even discuss Debrusk when Debrusk has been one of the better Bruins all season, especially of late.

If it is responding to a pointed question about his relationship with Jake, that continues to be quite damning of the coach.

Bruce needs to get back to focusing on his own work and leading the team. His act of calling out players to the media is tiring. Hold them accountable in other ways.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.

As a Steelers fan, Tomlin is a joke. . .
Guy should have been fired 2 years ago

Everyone has a shelf life

Reactions: mg08

JAD

Old School
Sponsor
Nov 19, 2009
Florida
It will be interesting to see how the players react this week to the return of Cassidy behind the bench ... if they revert back to playing like dog crap, timid, lacking confidence and or drop 5 of 8 points or more (without covid interference) then it might be safe to say there is a problem behind the bench. Which shouldn't happen with the people on this team, but if it does...????

Reactions: Gordoff

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
Perhaps no need to even discuss Debrusk when Debrusk has been one of the better Bruins all season, especially of late.

If it is responding to a pointed question about his relationship with Jake, that continues to be quite damning of the coach.

Bruce needs to get back to focusing on his own work and leading the team. His act of calling out players to the media is tiring. Hold them accountable in other ways.

There's been a few times over the last year or so that the player/s that he calls out after a game actually weren't bad. Same with the players he decides to sit for a period. You got some guys out there soft as shit on the puck and they keep getting rolled out in the same spot with the same ice time.

I can specifically remember him at some point last year during one of those games where the Bruins just had break down after break down defensively and he called out Rask for some reason. Didn't make any sense at all.

Calling out specific players never made sense to me. Its a team game. Its way more appropriate to use terms like "our best guys weren't our best tonight", "Our depth couldn't get anything going", our "power play couldn't get it done" etc. It puts the spotlight on a specific group of players while also not blaming the loss on them individually.

When we lose a game 4-1 and go 0-4 on the PP I don't need to hear Bruce go on about JDB as if he just played better we would have won.

chizzler

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 11, 2006
There was nothing wrong with what he said earlier at all.

People here are as soft as shit.
Believe me, I get you dislike for Jake. Nothing wrong with that. I just think he didn’t need to shit on him when we all know he’s going to get traded. He’s piling on. He’s chosen to go this route . We’ll see.

ps people are soft nowadays! Your right.

Reactions: Gordoff

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Omicron is probably already moving around the country, and many people don't know they have it or have mild symptoms and sometimes it isn't getting picked up on tests.

like I always tell my students

Data lags behind reality

A handful of them last year questioned the vaccine, felt unsure due to things like incentives being done to get people to take it, “why do they want us to get it so bad?”, we’re young, it only kills old people, yada. I explained how mutations work - to their credit we hadn’t hit that unit yet - 3 months later delta surfaced. They got to see how ole Mr W wasnt lyin’, in real time. My 7th graders this year will now have known delta and omicron before that unit, they better do even better on the test! :naughty:

Reactions: Boston Bruno

KnightofBoston

Mar 22, 2010
The Valley of Pioneers
Bruins coach Bruce Cassidy sounds off on goaltender Linus Ullmark

Who hasn’t Cassidy called out?

McAvoy & Swayman- probably Marchand

I gotta think they are not fans of him

the media…boy I tell ya

not a huge Cassidy fan but if that’s sounding off then good god we’ve gotten soft

In truth though it’s just the media doing what the media does

I’ll tell you what, best thing we could do as a nation regardless of political opinion is band together against this fast food drama loving reality tv mentality and tell the media to f*** off when we smell bullshit

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
the media…boy I tell ya

not a huge Cassidy fan but if that’s sounding off then good god we’ve gotten soft

In truth though it’s just the media doing what the media does

I’ll tell you what, best thing we could do as a nation regardless of political opinion is band together against this fast food drama loving reality tv mentality and tell the media to f*** off when we smell bullshit
How would Cassidy react though

Oates said in 1997 or thereabouts about team getting help and that prick OConnell went into locker room confronted Oates and went around room asking which guy wasn’t good enough

Oates called out OConnell in a way and he took it as bad as any human in a gutless fashion

if HF was around it would have blown up

social media to me is the problem not the media - their are 65 M Americans with sub 80 IQ and 80% of them belong on Twitter til tok Instagram or some group

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston

He was asked about it.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
Believe me, I get you dislike for Jake. Nothing wrong with that. I just think he didn’t need to shit on him when we all know he’s going to get traded. He’s piling on. He’s chosen to go this route . We’ll see.

ps people are soft nowadays! Your right.
He didn’t shit on him. He actually complimented him. Not everything is an attack on DeBrusk and not answering a media question was only going to make it worse.

Someone said it best. The white knighting for DeBrusk over this is rediculous.

you want me to check my bias then check yours for the coach.

At least we can agree that people have gone soft. Not everything is a criticism.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad