Management Bruce Cassidy media Zoom - 8/5/21

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
That I agree with. Florida right now probably has the deepest forward group in the league, not Tampa.

But with their defense& Vasi+ late season additions they are the top favourites again

Yeah I think for sure Florida have the best forward group, at least in the east. Their defense is pretty solid too, especially with Ekblad back, but Tampa's is definitely better and part of what I'd consider is still the more balanced roster. I still maintain too that Bobrovsky's ridiculous contract stands between the Panthers and any realistic prospect of Cup success, despite the strength of the rest of the team, unless they turn up a massive ace in Spencer Knight. So I'd probably say if Florida gets on a roll I can definitely see them topping the division in the regular season, but to me Tampa is likely still the team to beat in the playoffs.

since76

Jul 14, 2005
Quebec
I know what they won, did you find that style of play entertaining in any way? Do you watch the games or just analytics (yes I know the anti analytics fan come back for anything they don't agree with) because I'm sure the Devils were advanced stats fans dream team but watching them was painful, slow, boring hockey.

The idea is still have hockey entertain you by watching it, and while I am a firm believer in winning over anything having a team that won't put you to sleep is also nice.

I doubt very much we will ever agree on how a team should be built or many players, you probably love Grizz I see a small player who gets pushed off the puck easily and is useless the further the playoffs go on while I am sure you will not be a Nick Foligno fan or are a fan of Trent Frederic. I add Ryan Reaves and his contract you would add a smaller less physical forward with similar basic stats because his WAR shows he is a better player while I want somebody who will hit everything in sight and pummel Tom Wilson or Scot Mayfield when they go after Taylor Hall or Pasta.

It's just very different ways of looking at the game, I miss "real" hockey as it was played in the 70's, 80's and 90's and find todays game missing in emotion due to analytics driven teams and some GM's. I have similar arguments at work when discussing promotions or dismissals with management. I try to keep and promote people who care about their jobs and are committed while others base everything on statistics.

Charlie Coyle should be an interesting argument of eye test vs analytics as some analytic people think he will be good as a number two center where I think he will be a disaster.

coyle with bruins
142 gp 24 g 35 as. 59 pts
On 82 games pace that mean
14 g. 20 as 34 pts
It is REALLY wonderful to have him as second line center
Hall probably don’t sleep because he is so happy and excited

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad