Confirmed with Link: Bruce Boudreau new head coach of the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sportsfan1

Jun 9, 2012
State of Hockey
BTW, With the hire of Boudreau and especially Stevens I could not possibly be more happy with our coaching staff selections. Stevens I'm down right giddy about. Boudreau can't argue with success in regular season. Playoff record is concern, but lots of guys like Quenville and Daryl Sutter had regular season success with little playoff wins for long time in their careers before breaking through. Willing to definitely give Bruce that chance here.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
Thinking about our core players and realized that all of them have played under defensive regimes most of their career. Consider:

'10 guys (Nino/Coyle/Granlund): All have played under Yeo and his system. All have learned how to play in their own end and are playoff tested.

Koivu: Whole career spent with Wild under various forms of defensive teams. His skillset works with that style with he's never been part of an offensive team.

Suter - Nashville was a great defensive team with he and Weber and peak Rinne.

Parise - NJ, like Nashville and Wild, is a defensive organization.

If Boudreau opens it up offensively, we could see some surprise production from a handful of these guys. They have to be excited. My prediction: I think Parise has a big year and Nino and Granlund both finish well above 50 pts.

keppel146

Jun 4, 2010
MinneSOta
Thinking about our core players and realized that all of them have played under defensive regimes most of their career. Consider:

'10 guys (Nino/Coyle/Granlund): All have played under Yeo and his system. All have learned how to play in their own end and are playoff tested.

Koivu: Whole career spent with Wild under various forms of defensive teams. His skillset works with that style with he's never been part of an offensive team.

Suter - Nashville was a great defensive team with he and Weber and peak Rinne.

Parise - NJ, like Nashville and Wild, is a defensive organization.

If Boudreau opens it up offensively, we could see some surprise production from a handful of these guys. They have to be excited. My prediction: I think Parise has a big year and Nino and Granlund both finish well above 50 pts.

I think if we can improve the PP, that makes us a Stanley cup contender right there. Just think about how many more games we could have won if we didn't have such an awful PP. The Ducks did win many one goal games if I remember correctly, so we'll see how much of a difference there is goal wise.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I think if we can improve the PP, that makes us a Stanley cup contender right there. Just think about how many more games we could have won if we didn't have such an awful PP. The Ducks did win many one goal games if I remember correctly, so we'll see how much of a difference there is goal wise.

Well in the end we finished 15th in PP% at 18.5%.

Say we improved to 21%, good for 7th in the league (last year). That's only a difference of ~6 goals. That may have only been good for an extra two or three wins.

The PK was the much bigger problem last year. Though thanks to PP opportunities we still had more PP GF than PP GA.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Well in the end we finished 15th in PP% at 18.5%.

Say we improved to 21%, good for 7th in the league (last year). That's only a difference of ~6 goals. That may have only been good for an extra two or three wins.

The PK was the much bigger problem last year. Though thanks to PP opportunities we still had more PP GF than PP GA.

It's not just about scoring more goals, it's about the timing of those goals too. The Wild tend to score pp goals at the wrong times. Least clutch pp ever.

gphr513

Watch the world burn
Jan 14, 2014
Minneapolis, MN
It's not just about scoring more goals, it's about the timing of those goals too. The Wild tend to score pp goals at the wrong times. Least clutch pp ever.

Someone somewhere has to keep track of that, right?

I'd be interested to see PP numbers when you only account for goals to pull your team within 1, to tie the game, or go-ahead goals.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Someone somewhere has to keep track of that, right?

I'd be interested to see PP numbers when you only account for goals to pull your team within 1, to tie the game, or go-ahead goals.

In this stats driven world, you'd think someone would have to be tracking that...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad