Confirmed with Link: Bruce Boudreau new head coach of the Wild

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
My only issue with keeping Darby, is he really the best option for this club? I'm just sick of this organization trotting in former players into the front office just for the sake of "one of us". I suppose there's a certain level of trust and familiarity with Darby, and I'm sure he's a hard worker, but I'm just hoping they chose to keep Darby around because he's the best candidate for the position rather than just being a familiar face.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I think you are overestimating the effect of a Hendrickson. I am guessing he will stay in the background, is well liked by the office, isn't paid much, and is more than qualified enough to run a station during practice, keep charts, pick up the pucks, and do all the manual things necessary during games and practices without being involved in planning or implementing strategy.

As I've said before, and only half jokingly, it's nice to have some continuity on the staff, as they can tell the new guys where the bathrooms are.

Saga of the Elk

Honoured Person
May 31, 2008
I think you are overestimating the effect of a Hendrickson. I am guessing he will stay in the background, is well liked by the office, isn't paid much, and is more than qualified enough to run a station during practice, keep charts, pick up the pucks, and do all the manual things necessary during games and practices without being involved in planning or implementing strategy.

As I've said before, and only half jokingly, it's nice to have some continuity on the staff, as they can tell the new guys where the bathrooms are.

:laugh:

It's also good for the community. The guys who do the golf events, and youth hockey camps, and car washes and things don't need to be turned over every time there's regime change.

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Darby was never on the bench was he? Didn't he just watch/observe from the press box and do interviews with Gorg before the period started?

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
:laugh:

It's also good for the community. The guys who do the golf events, and youth hockey camps, and car washes and things don't need to be turned over every time there's regime change.

Yup. Whole lot of scut work. He'll let em know where to buy/ rent homes, where to eat/drink/park. I'm guessing his wife is a resource for these things ,too.

This sounds bad, but he will also be a mole in the coaching staff for Fletcher. He will be acutely conscious that he still has a job because of Fletcher, not Boudreau. Not necessarily a bad thing. Will stay late/start early for individual skill work with players, and with players who are sitting or injured.

Last edited:

Goose312

May 15, 2015
Darby was never on the bench was he? Didn't he just watch/observe from the press box and do interviews with Gorg before the period started?

That's my assumption as well. He's not on the bench so I'm guessing he's more a provide input and run exercises at practice kind of guy. Probably actually has little to do with game decisions.

Quack Shot

Nov 14, 2010
SoCal
So I'm gonna place a $100 bet on you guys winning the central next season. Bruce makes bad teams look like great teams, and great teams look like amazing teams, so I have no doubt you guys will look unstoppable. Now as far as playoffs are concerned, Bruce is a great coach still. He actually has a pretty good playoff record, the problem is he makes his team's look better than they are so expectations are higher than they should be. Those Game 7 losses are on the players not him.

I fully expect you guys will be Top 2 in the West whereas Anaheim will be fighting for a wild card spot.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
So I'm gonna place a $100 bet on you guys winning the central next season. Bruce makes bad teams look like great teams, and great teams look like amazing teams, so I have no doubt you guys will look unstoppable. Now as far as playoffs are concerned, Bruce is a great coach still. He actually has a pretty good playoff record, the problem is he makes his team's look better than they are so expectations are higher than they should be. Those Game 7 losses are on the players not him.

I fully expect you guys will be Top 2 in the West whereas Anaheim will be fighting for a wild card spot.

I'd settle for a consistent team. No more mid-season swoons.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn

What are the odds right now?

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
What are the odds right now?

Vegas shouldn't have the odds out yet for next season since this year is not done yet. I think they typically put them out the week after the Final is done.

They were 5 to 1 when I put a $20 bet on them in August last year for this season. I would imagine they'll probably be close to that again.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Do you guys know what formation did Boudreau use on the Ducks PP?

Everyone moved and Perry sat his ass in front of the goalie basically. The biggest thing I've noticed with them though is they wait for the shot to come off the point from the sides, not the center, and then look for deflections first and then garbage goals.

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Everyone moved and Perry sat his ass in front of the goalie basically. The biggest thing I've noticed with them though is they wait for the shot to come off the point from the sides, not the center, and then look for deflections first and then garbage goals.

Interesting. I think Nino would be our candidate for parking in front of the net. Parise's back will probably prevent him taking too much of a beating going forward, and Vanek also broke his ribs doing that this year (I think it was a PP).

Wabit

May 23, 2016

The opposite of the Wild? Players moved, quick passes, quick shots, and net-front with Perry. More freeflowing, than set positions/plays.

It wasn't Suter lobbing softballs from the point, or Granny being lost on the half-wall for 2 mins.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Parise is not your prototypical net front presence, but he's damn good at it. I do agree that Nino or Vanek are good choices also.

Jacques The Mayor

Aug 29, 2011
wastings mn
Vegas shouldn't have the odds out yet for next season since this year is not done yet. I think they typically put them out the week after the Final is done.

They were 5 to 1 when I put a $20 bet on them in August last year for this season. I would imagine they'll probably be close to that again.

I could get in on that action

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011

My highly reliable sources say... Flying V.

X82qIo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad