TSN: Brown to EDM for 4th rounder in 2014

Felstead

Boss Status
Feb 7, 2011
Ontario, Canada
What are we getting with Mike Brown? Can you guys let us know what to expect?

Thanks in advance.

Sandpaper on the 4th line, lots of grit and energy on every single shift. Good forecheck and toughness. Not afraid to drop the mitts and for a guy his size is one of the better fighters in the league I'd say.

EDM needs a guy like this. You guy's got a good bargain.

Asif16*

HOLY COW...my friend was right. I posted something two days ago on the "Official leafs rumors/transactions thread" that my friend (who works at the ACC) heard that both the oilers and Blackhawks had interest in Mike brown. A lot of people didnt believe him. Trust me I didnt either. Ah well....im gonna miss the guy. I actually thought he game a 100% effort on the ice. Was our biggest hitter by far. Good luck brownie

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012

Thanks in advance.

4th line grinder.

He's really fast and puts alot of energy into it, but he'll get you about 5 points or less a year. He'll fight the middle weights though for sure.

janesy12

Leafs Nation
Aug 27, 2010
Newfoundland
Great player while here. Seemed to be very well liked both in the room, and with the fans.
Hit everything, would fight anyone. Sad to see him go, but Mclaren made him expendable.

That being said, the kids in Edmonton should get some great protection now.

nazembiggs*

Sucks that it's not the 2013 draft but ill still take it

Budsfan

Sep 17, 2006

Thanks in advance.

Third or fourth line winger, with a ton of heart and willing to drop the gloves for a team mate, not a goal scorer but a fast, hard playing forward, that finishes his checks.

Rayzorexe

Meh..
Dec 29, 2009
Toronto, ON
I like it. It seems to me lately that Brown takes too many unnecessary roughing penalies and the occasionally boarding call like the one against Gorges. As much I like his speed on the 4th line, the fact that we got 2 other enforcer type players in McLaren and Orr makes Brown expendable.

Also, it gives some added toughness to the Oilers line up.

Christ

Mar 10, 2004
Canada
Going to miss his 'stash! Good move for both teams...Leafs needed a roster spot opened up and the Oilers could use the toughness.

ryno23

Feb 5, 2010
good deal to get a 4th round pick upgrade from a 5th spent to acquire him.

Good guy but really nothing to miss about his game that the Leafs don't already have.

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK

Thanks in advance.

Positives

Hard nosed, gritty, never takes a shift off, and is always willing to drop the gloves and fight. Always tries to be a physical presence and finish his checks. Definitely brings an intimidation factor to the Oilers now.

Very strong along the boards, rarely is knocked off the puck.

Will set the standard for work rate and effort.

Good skater.

Great in the room - very good team guy. Loved by all his teammates in Toronto. Very good with the media.

Negatives

Not the greatest in the defensive zone, and won't contribute offense at all, but he's a guy that can be an effective 5-10 minutes a night player in an energy role. Beyond that, quite limited.

Saw some PK time early on in Toronto as well - not sure how important that is; the PK was terrible at the time.

Takes the occasional bad penalty as a result of poor positioning off the puck.

Asif16*

Honestly....and i might get flames for this....but i would have rather kept brown and moved out colton orr. Colton orr has been great dont get me wrong. He is one of the best heavyweights in the league...but i feel like brown brought more to the table with his hits and SPEED. He was one of those guys who could change the momentum with one hit. Colton orr doesnt do that. Mclaren could have foguht the heavyweights in place of orr. Ah well. Its fine though

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto
Always a Brown fan, sad t see him goes, but I cannot believe we got a 4th rounder for him! What did Nonis tell them? Brown ***** rainbows?

Mr Knies Guy

Jul 5, 2008
Anaheim fans told us we would love him and they were right. Edm fans... you'll love him, he's a beaut

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Thanks in advance.

Don't except goals, but expect 137% every single night. Fast skater, goes hard against anyone and everyone. Will fight no matter who comes calling and sticks up for all team mates. You will also get to follow some of the funniest tweets in hockey. #Brownbeaut is amazing.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00