Brooks Orpik

Get To Our Game

May 31, 2008
Pittsburgh
I didn't watch this morning's game, but I thought he has played pretty well overall (for his standards). He definitely wasn't a direct liability in the other two games, so that's an improvement.

Fordy

May 28, 2008
I didn't watch this morning's game, but I thought he has played pretty well overall (for his standards). He definitely wasn't a direct liability in the other two games, so that's an improvement.

that's weird because that datsyuk goal was kind of entirely his fault

wgknestrick

Aug 14, 2012
No, it wasn't. Carlson was caught out of position, watch it again.

Yes it was.. It is amazing how well the USA forwards have covered up for his puck movement so far. They have the skill to take his passes and also keep it moving out of the zone.

torrencemd

Jun 27, 2006
He's definitely played better in the Olympics than he has this season in Pittsburgh that's for sure.

Maybe it was shero's plan to showcase him for the world and make a "hockey" trade to St.Louis for Oshie:sarcasm: or maybe that is my wishful thinking :(

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
Seemed like the announcers thought the Datsyuk goal was more on Carlson. I thought Orpik would be even more horrendous on the bigger ice but surprisingly he's looked better on the bigger ice than he has on the NHL rink this season, imo.

Gallatin

A Banksy of Goonism
Mar 4, 2010
Pittsburgh
Seemed like the announcers thought the Datsyuk goal was more on Carlson. I thought Orpik would be even more horrendous on the bigger ice but surprisingly he's looked better on the bigger ice than he has on the NHL rink this season, imo.

Orpik has been playing half speed lackadaisical hockey for most of the season. But when he turns it on, Olympics and hopefully the rest of the season, he's a much better player, verging on solid physical 2nd pairing guy IMO. That's assuming his partner is a good puck mover who can help insulate him.

I know it hurts to watch him sleepwalk through most of a season, but he most likely will be there for us when it counts.

Randy Butternubs

Mar 15, 2008
Morningside
839394975.gif

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005
Orpik has been playing half speed lackadaisical hockey for most of the season. But when he turns it on, Olympics and hopefully the rest of the season, he's a much better player, verging on solid physical 2nd pairing guy IMO. That's assuming his partner is a good puck mover who can help insulate him.

I know it hurts to watch him sleepwalk through most of a season, but he most likely will be there for us when it counts.

It also doesn't hurt that he has options with the puck beyond forcing a stretch pass into a zero man forecheck.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad