Brooks Orpik

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
This guy is just a giant piece of ****.

Take him out back and give him the Old Yeller treatment. What a joke of a player, from his fat mouth to his incompetent brain.

HE DOES ABSOLUTELY NOTHING WELL.

KIRK

Aug 2, 2005

Take him out back and give him the Old Yeller treatment. What a joke of a player, from his fat mouth to his incompetent brain.

I . . . I . . . I . . . I . . . agree 100% . . . :scared:

Captain Hook

Jul 12, 2007
We're talking about a guy that our coaches insisted on being on the Olympic team. He ain't going anywhere. The coaches won't allow it. Your only hope of him being gone is if he just isn't in the budget cap wise going forward. You might want to even pull for a Niskanen re-signing to happen. That would really make it tough to keep Orpik but I don't see any reason for Nisky to not test UFA. It's every players dream scenario to get to test UFA right after having a career year like Nisky is having.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Couldn't possibly agree more. He's dead weight, and has been for the vast majority of his time here since the Cup run. The better part of several seasons now.

He's a total detriment to the team defensively, and brings nothing by way of offense. Get rid of him, even for picks.

Sadly, he'll be re-signed to a retirement deal. He's part of the Family™, and family comes before being an actual GM that runs the team in a way that's best suited for winning.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
We're talking about a guy that our coaches insisted on being on the Olympic team. He ain't going anywhere. The coaches won't allow it. Your only hope of him being gone is if he just isn't in the budget cap wise going forward. You might want to even pull for a Niskanen re-signing to happen. That would really make it tough to keep Orpik but I don't see any reason for Nisky to not test UFA. It's every players dream scenario to get to test UFA right after having a career year like Nisky is having.

Not every player was traded for cap dump reasons, and then rebuilt his career playing for said team.

If Shero wants to re-sign him, I'd be surprised if he isn't a Pen next season.

But agreed on that signing forcing Brooks to walk. I'm hoping for it.

mpp9

Dec 5, 2010
You might remember I had a thread earlier this year about the inevitability of signing Orpik. I've never been more afraid of being right.

Nisky's emergence might make that impossible. So I think you'll end up being wrong.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
He´s terribad. Do you know what´s the worst thing about him? He´s so bad that he´s consistently dragging down every D-partner he plays with. It´s almost impossible to play solid hockey with him in pair. I´m scared that Paul Martin will be ruined with Orpik. There are already signs of it happenning.

Maatta-Niskanen is literally our only pair I have full confidence in.

EDIT: One more reason to cheer for Nisky. He might be our only hope in sake of preventing us from Orpik´s extension.

Hottubber

Feb 9, 2010

Old yeller treatment :laugh:

Besides the shot he took and hit Crosby in the jaw, I have yet to see Orpik get the puck at the point and put a shot on net. He either dumps it back in the corner or give the puck away. Just a waste of time passing to him

Guy is expired.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006

I know. I hate it.

I wish there were somebody in Pittsburgh who'd throw some hardball Orpik questions at DB. I pray Shero sees how terrible an Orpik re-sign would be.

Couldn't possibly agree more. He's dead weight, and has been for the vast majority of his time here since the Cup run. The better part of several seasons now.

He's a total detriment to the team defensively, and brings nothing by way of offense. Get rid of him, even for picks.

Sadly, he'll be re-signed to a retirement deal. He's part of the Familyâ„¢, and family comes before being an actual GM that runs the team in a way that's best suited for winning.

I don't feel that way about Shero. But if he re-signs Orpik, he's going to cast some serious doubts.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
Old yeller treatment :laugh:

Besides the shot he took and hit Crosby in the jaw, I have yet to see Orpik get the puck at the point and put a shot on net. He either dumps it back in the corner or give the puck away. Just a waste of time passing to him

Guy is expired.

The shot that took Sid out was at Sid's jaw line, while he was standing off to the side of the net, i.e. extremely high and wide. Wasn't even on net. :laugh:

Orpik is done, and has been declining rapidly for years.

Muscles4Malkin

Better 2015-16?
Aug 3, 2007
Turku
He´s terribad. Do you know what´s the worst thing about him? He´s so bad that he´s consistently dragging down every D-partner he plays with. It´s almost impossible to play solid hockey with him in pair. I´m scared that Paul Martin will be ruined with Orpik. There are already signs of it happenning.

Maatta-Niskanen is literally our only pair I have full confidence in.
Scuderi - Letang
Despres - Martin
Määttä - Niskanen

It should be this as long as we have Letang and Despres here (with Orpik gone)

I would be fine with this in two years:

Määttä - Niskanen
Despres - Martin
Pouliot - Scuderi

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I mean... I want to at least take a second to recognize and respect the guy's tenure and contributions to the team. He's also put up some truly impressive playoff performances and was in good form in that regard as recently as last season.

All that said, I agree.

I still don't think, in the end, the team will be foolish enough to re-sign him, though. It would be the wrong decision for a slew of reasons. And they aren't dumb.

Sivek

Apr 9, 2011
I've already composed my post regarding his re-signing this off-season in notepad as angryrant.txt.

I hope it never sees the light of day.

xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sep 5, 2008
I mean... I want to at least take a second to recognize and respect the guy's tenure and contributions to the team. He's also put up some truly impressive playoff performances and was in good form in that regard as recently as last season.

All that said, I agree.

I still don't think, in the end, the team will be foolish enough to re-sign him, though. It would be the wrong decision for a slew of reasons. And they aren't dumb.

Ehhhhh... :laugh:

Glass, Adams, the mismanagement of Iginla, Kobasew in the top-6, Letang at $7.25M/yr, Bylsma's extension after the fourth playoff disappointment in a row, etc.

MtlPenFan

Apr 14, 2010
He's a liability at this point. I swear it's like I'm being told that a sport I've played all my life is one I don't understand every time management, coaches, and the media look at him as our best defensive player.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
He's awful, it's shocking how horrible his decision making is. Everything is shot on the guy and he'll still mouth off about the team. He makes this face when he's ****ed up but he's blaming someone else, I hate that face. I just want him gone.

I've already composed my post regarding his re-signing this off-season in notepad as angryrant.txt.

I hope it never sees the light of day.

Well there's an idea. I can see the merit in it.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
Ehhhhh... :laugh:

Glass, Adams, the mismanagement of Iginla, Kobasew in the top-6, Letang at $7.25M/yr, Bylsma's extension after the fourth playoff disappointment in a row, etc.

Stubborn... often loyal to a fault... prone to living a little in the past... but not out and out dumb.

madinsomniac

Jul 3, 2012
Pittsburgh, Pa
There are two points Id like to make...
Orpik has had some outstanding games... he seems to just not play hard anymore... I don't know if he is just done or if he is dogging it in the regular season, as has been alluded to before. Ive been a harsh critic of him for a while now, but Im not entirely convinced this Orpik is the guy we will get in the playoffs..

Secondly this coach seems to value vets who hit a lot more than anything else. orpik, glass, Adams... these guys don't bring much to the table right now, but they consistently hit... I know Bylsma believes that this wears teams out over time, but I don't think we have the team that can wear out a bruins or any of those western teams with the hits that a Glass and Adams are throwing, and orps taked himself out of position too much when he does go on a hitting rampage....

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
He's a liability at this point. I swear it's like I'm being told that a sport I've played all my life is one I don't understand every time management, coaches, and the media look at him as our best defensive player.

With the way Pierre McGuire was going on tonight about Adams as well, it's like I'm watching an entirely different sport than some of these guys being paid big bucks to cover the games are.

Orpik was terrible tonight. Yes, he did make two stick plays to break up scoring chances. But he offset those good acts by being a train wreck positionally, and with his usual bad play with the puck on his stick.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad